Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to safely give your deposit over for a room?

Options
  • 20-07-2019 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

I have viewings this weekend for some properties which I am really keen on, and I am just wondering if there are things prospective tenants.

One has volunteered it will not be possible to go on the lease at the moment, the other has not mentioned a lease.

Other than making sure I have a working key, is there anything else I should do? Perhaps I should ask to see their lease and ID before handing over the deposit, or is that too much?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

If your only renting a room, are you entitled to a lease?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

kceire wrote: »
    If your only renting a room, are you entitled to a lease?

I do not know if you are entitled, but I know, have been offered for new places, and have arranged for current housemate to go on existing lease.

EDIT: Last I heard subletting was actually illegal, but as we all know, it is widespread.

Advertisement