Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TSC114 no DBT-S signal unless main TV is on

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Elvis Hammond

... I don't see how that explains the fact that the box didn't work at my aunt's house though. Or the fact that my aunt's triax worked fine at our house all weekend

Because both faults are present; dodgy box & dodgy install?

Your aunt's box probably only made the install look ok because you never had one receiver tuned to a vertical tp, & the other to horizontal, or low & high band. That's why I mentioned Sky News earlier in the thread, as an easy-to-find example of a 'different' channel, with the other receiver tuned to any of the BBC/ITV/C4. (Though I put it the wrong way round in that case, as Sky News, being the high band channel, would take priority.)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IsThisOneFree

Because both faults are present; dodgy box & dodgy install?
    Maybe you're right. But I think I'd have a job to convince the installer of that with a dodgy box anyway. So either way I'll have to replace it. Once I have a good box of my own then I can do further tests and get him back if some of the channels are getting knocked out. Hopefully I'll have the new box by next week so I'll post back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IsThisOneFree

So I got a second hand replacement box today (Ferguson 150) and tuned it in. For the past few hours I was able to watch various freesat channels while the main TV was on RTE1. I haven't tested every channel combination, but right now I have the ferguson on Sky News and the main TV on Channel 4, and both are working fine. So I'm pretty confident that the installation is OK. But if anybody has any other tests they want me to do to satisfy your curiosity, I don't mind :)

Thanks again for all the help and replies thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Gremlins. It has to be gremlins.

Certainly defies any scientific explanation.

Advertisement