Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piper on O’Connell Street

Options
  • 20-07-2019 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭

Was up in Dublin yesterday, & passing the GPO there was a bloke kitted out in a kilt etc playing the bagpipes.think I also saw him outside Clerys before also. The sound is hauntingly beautiful, & must impress the tourists.

Is he there under his own steam, or a tourist ploy by the tourist board or whatever they are called?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭AnMuinteoirOg

Was up in Dublin yesterday, & passing the GPO there was a bloke kitted out in a kilt etc playing the bagpipes.think I also saw him outside Clerys before also. The sound is hauntingly beautiful, & must impress the tourists.

Is he there under his own steam, or a tourist ploy by the tourist board or whatever they are called?

He's just a busker AFAIK. Don't even think he's Irish, think he may be Spanish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Does he have a beard?

There was a bagpipe player who used to do the Beckett Bridge in the evenings. Catch the workers I suppose, that bridge is very busy sometimes

He was very good for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Does he have a beard?

There was a bagpipe player who used to do the Beckett Bridge ...He was very good for sure
    Hate to hear what the bad ones sound like if he's good!

From my perspective all he does is put limbs/flesh in danger by blocking the pedestrian lane and making people walk in the cycle lane!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Bloody thunderous racket,plus he's obstructing a public thoroughfare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Bloody thunderous racket,plus he's obstructing a public thoroughfare

Obstructing a public thoroughfare? You are having a laugh, how can one person be an obstruction outside the GPO?

That the case, what about the ‘artists’ at the top of Grafton Street? Now there IS an obstruction.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

That the case, what about the ‘artists’ at the top of Grafton Street? Now there IS an obstruction.

Same goes for them..especially that one with the guitar who caterwauls outside Suffolk st church.
    I have never heard anybody murdering so many songs so comprehensively

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Obstructing a public thoroughfare? You are having a laugh, how can one person be an obstruction outside the GPO?

I'd be more concerned about the piss artists loitering at every A.T.M.

Advertisement