Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone unboxed and screen is damaged

Options
  • 20-07-2019 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

Bought phone in a 3 store at 17.55.
    Brought it home and unpacked it and put sim in about 19.45. Made one call on it and then when I tried to sync the calendar I could see on the screen contrast that there was a line on the screen by the camera. I rang 3 customer service at 20.30- almost straight away but he wouldn't confirm that I would be entitled to a replacement. He said bting it back to the 3 store ....
    Are they going to tell me to eff off? I 100% didn't damage it myself. It was barely out of the box but they could say that I have no way of proving that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

The onus is on them to prove the fault did not exist with the goods when purchased. They can do that by pointing to physical damage however. If there is no physical damage you've just got a duff screen - it happens - I'm sure they'll replace it.

Advertisement