Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowpiercer [TNT/Netflix] (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

2.1: Oh that was good!
    Planning ahead to blow the lock like that! I'm guessing these Docs musta done something to that Bob guy.. making more than just goop. As it stands right now, it looks like the tailies could take Alice if only they knew what was going on and could get the door open.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Slydice wrote: »
    2.1: Oh that was good!
    Planning ahead to blow the lock like that! I'm guessing these Docs musta done something to that Bob guy.. making more than just goop. As it stands right now, it looks like the tailies could take Alice if only they knew what was going on and could get the door open.
    One guy wiped the floor with them and can do so with little care for the most dangerous thing in their world (the freezing temperatures)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Decent start and all set up a nicely for season 2. A bit contrived but this is a leave your brain at the door kind of show imo.
    Wonder what the purpose of of Melanie taking a snow sample was. Maybe something to do with actual reason for the big freeze which still hasn't been revealed? I know some people are speculating that she might have had a hand in it somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Wonder what the purpose of of Melanie taking a snow sample was. Maybe something to do with actual reason for the big freeze which still hasn't been revealed? I know some people are speculating that she might have had a hand in it somehow

I hadn't heard that theory,
    but I would wonder if, following that theory, that it is part of Wilford's megalomania, that he coerced Melanie into it so he could create his own world on the train?

I just thought the
    sample was about the planet getting warmer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Decent start and all set up a nicely for season 2. A bit contrived but this is a leave your brain at the door kind of show imo.

When she was outside she said something about it snowing and the guy in the train said she must be imagining it because it has been too cold to snow for years. That might be linked to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Was pretty sure the reason the world froze was known already but it's
    manmade attempt to fix global warming that went to far.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Suicide warning put up before this weeks episode.

2.2: That
    bath tub scene! I was looking away so much! The way the both behaved! It feels wierd seeing this idea of a church of Wilford build up like it is. Then seeing Josie back but almost killed! I really didn't want to see her get killed like that if they were going to bring her back!

I've this vague recollection
    of earlier in the thread this show being mentioned as decades before the film.. so I'm guessing Wilford is either gonna sabotage the planet getting better or has been faking this science data.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Slydice wrote: »
    I've this vague recollection
    of earlier in the thread this show being mentioned as decades before the film.. so I'm guessing Wilford is either gonna sabotage the planet getting better or has been faking this science data.
    It's not a prequel, it is a reboot so the events of the film don't affect the TV show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

That’s good to know . I thought it was a prequel as well which is kinda depressing as you get invested in the characters

2.3: Real kinda
    Use-The-Force moment mid episode and then a Good Will Hunting moment towards the end for Alex and Melanie. At the same time, It's kinda lookin like Josie is gonna have a moment with Melanie further down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Sean Bean is a really good addition to the show, he really is play the guy as a demented character. the story was flagging a bit of the end of season 1 but they have added a few interesting storylines this season. Doubt they will get rid of Jennifer Connelly, she is too important for the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭sioda

Slow ep this week but still a lots going on.

Sean Bean has changed the tone of this show massively. Just waiting for him to go postal. It's the support cast on this show that keep me hooked they have weaved their stories very well.

Sean Bean's sinister cult leader performance is really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Sean Bean's sinister cult leader performance is really good.

If it wasn't for his character would have given up on the show

• Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭corkie

Who is the female character all bandaged up & gauze on her face?

I probably glossed over the previous episode, but all I can remember from that is
    Melanie leaving the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Josie. She was found to still be alive either the end of last season or beginning of this.

Felt they shouldn't have kept her in it as just seemed to be a way to create unneeded drama later on. But if she can be used well on Big Alice then that's grand

• Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭corkie

Thanks for that, did some googling and came across this: -

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/02/02/what-happened-to-josie-snowpiercer-season-2-death/

Episode 2 of season 2
    contained one of the biggest revelations in Snowpiercer so far as it was revealed that Josie actually survived her freezing ordeal.

Remember now what happened to her in season 1, didn't connect the dots on episode 2.

Archie Panjabi will join the cast for season 3.

• Advertisement

So much for being the last people on Earth, unless she's been on the one of the trains all this time

I guess its like Lost. They added a few recognized names over the years and just pretended they were always there and just hadn't been seen on screen before. Sean Bean is a great addition, such a strange character. He definitely seems to allow Alex away with a lot compared to the rest of his crew.

2.4: I swear I was worried they were
    gonna cliffhanger the baloon! Saying that, now I'm wondering if maybe it isn't Melanie.
    That scene at the end
    with Josie was wierd. Something between her an Icy Bob on the cards maybe.

As a wise man once said "Boy, that escalated quickly!"
    Pike too obvious?
    Wonder who takes over the black market.
    Icy Bob's friendly?

2.5: Wow!
    Didn't see that coming in the slightest.. I mean.. now in hindsight it's a big oh-yeah.. but wow, they did that well.

I feel the writers are spending a lot of time on pretending a major character is going to die when the character is too integral to the show to kill off. Good episode though sean bean and Connelly really bringing their A game

Looks like it hit the fan while we were catching up with Melanie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭sioda

Excellent ep loved the back and forth with Connolly and Bean they eat the screen together.
    Can't wait for next week to see how it all went down on the train

2.6: Hmmmm it's got the feel of
    Melanie having been Starbuck'd..

Anyway, I'm guessing Wilford kicked off a right series of events and by the time we saw the train there, that there's probably a full on battle going on. Didn't really get an impression either way for what she found out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Melodeon

I'm mainly wondering how a rat colony survived 7-odd years with feck-all to eat, it would appear, except each other?

Advertisement