Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to upload photos to boards.ie??

Options
  • 20-07-2019 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi folks new member, can anyone help me i cant find any options while posting , how do i upload photos??????
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Hi folks new member, can anyone help me i cant find any options while posting , how do i upload photos??????
    Thanks

If you want to upload a photo to a post then just just click "Go Afvanced" next to "Quick Reply". Then underneath the text box look for "Attach Files" and "Manage Attachments"

That should bring up another box where you click Browse and locate the picture on your computer. Then scroll across and hit upload. When that's done, a link to the attachment should appear. Click that, and then copy the link and use that link in your post between the "IMG" tags. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Beast4mdaeast

Wilberto wrote: »
    If you want to upload a photo to a post then just just click "Go Afvanced" next to "Quick Reply". Then underneath the text box look for "Attach Files" and "Manage Attachments"

That should bring up another box where you click Browse and locate the picture on your computer. Then scroll across and hit upload. When that's done, a link to the attachment should appear. Click that, and then copy the link and use that link in your post between the "IMG" tags. :)

Great stuff let me try "IMG"Screenshot_20181222-162530_Video Player.jpg"IMG"

Ahh i see its not the same when trying to attach photos using my smart phone?? Any ideas thanks again
    Stephen

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

485953.jpg

The tags you posts on either end of the copied link are (before the link) & (immediately after the link). You should end up with something that looks like this:

[noparse]485953.jpg[/noparse]

You can hit the ‘preview post’ button to make sure your link is working before you try to post it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Ahh i see its not the same when trying to attach photos using my smart phone?? Any ideas thanks again Stephen

It should be [IMG][/IMG], with the full link in between those two.

On second thoughts though, there may be a post limit (50 I think) before you can embed images into a post. Not sure about that though.

• Advertisement

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    485953.jpg

The tags you posts on either end of the copied link are (before the link) & (immediately after the link). You should end up with something that looks like this:

[noparse]485953.jpg[/noparse]

You can hit the ‘preview post’ button to make sure your link is working before you try to post it.

Thats perfect thanks for the help :-)

It should be [IMG][/IMG], with the full link in between those two.

On second thoughts though, there may be a post limit (50 I think) before you can embed images into a post. Not sure about that though.

Thank you i did hear something about 50 posts you maybe right . :-)

Screenshot_20190721-094526_Instagram.jpg [\IMG] Testing to see if this works 51 posts

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Beast4mdaeast, you need to copy the URL of that attachment, which is https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=486019&d=1563843100

If posting from your phone, there should be a link to "Attach Files" under the box where you write up your post/reply. This will let you find a photo on your phone and allow you to upload and attach it immediately (as long as there aren't issues with file size or type)

If you’re writing the IMG tags yourself make sure they’re typed correctly, it’s [IMG][/IMG] (note /, not \). Your link should fit nicely in between.

• Advertisement

Testing testing 1 2 3

attachment.php?attachmentid=486019&d=1563843100[\IMG]

Nearly there! Change the “\” for “/“ and you get this:

486019.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

The last slash is just the wrong way around, use: /IMG

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    If you’re writing the IMG tags yourself make sure they’re typed correctly, it’s [IMG][/IMG] (note /, not \). Your link should fit nicely in between.

Thanks a mill

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement