Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lady can't have her hairy balls waxed [mod notes/warnings in post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'd say Madigans might give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

klaaaz wrote: »
    All these "trans" stories are from USA/Canada where their laws are not the same as here.
    What you're saying there does not apply under Irish law, establishments here have exemptions under the Equal Status Act whereby they have a right not to render a service to a person(s). If that Canadian tried that stunt here, no solicitor would take it up as they'd immediately fail despite our super compo culture in other cases.

thankfully. It strikes me as similar to the ashers bakery case where its the new fashion to find somewhere that won't cater to your needs and invent your own outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

She's on now.

What station?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

thankfully. It strikes me as similar to the ashers bakery case where its the new fashion to find somewhere that won't cater to your needs and invent your own outrage.

The problem they are now facing though is cases like this one grossly cross the line, especially when it lets an individual with such a questionable past raise them.

All it ends up doing is another stick to beat their community with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

• Advertisement

All these "trans" stories are from USA/Canada where their laws are not the same as here.
    What you're saying there does not apply under Irish law, establishments here have exemptions under the Equal Status Act whereby they have a right not to render a service to a person(s). If that Canadian tried that stunt here, no solicitor would take it up as they'd immediately fail despite our super compo culture in other cases.

Were just as bat **** crazy as the Canadians. Were forced to accept a he as a she the same as them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Hold up a second here, this person has a cock and balls and people are calling him a she? What's that about?

well... there is a sex offender, who assaulted women and apparently a child, in the dochas centre now
    https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/sex-offender-undergoing-male-female-16623261

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I tuned in just as she hung up.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

She hung up on Niall Boylan lol

• Advertisement

doylefe wrote: »
    Hold up a second here, this person has a cock and balls and people are calling him a she? What's that about?

Misgendering is a crime here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

It's not the same. As I stated in Ireland, there are exemptions under the Equal Status Act for an establishment to refuse service even to gender recognition holders. It's done on a case by case basis, if there is no agreement between the customer and the service provider, the service provider can invoke the said exemptions legally. Self ID has been here for 4 years, places like salons and gyms have negotiated in mutual agreements between themselves and customers(trans obviously) and all being happy outcomes so far!.
    As for that Canadian type case here, they haven't a leg to stand on using the law, no solicitor would entertain such a case. Each country is different in it's laws!

bluewolf wrote: »
    well... there is a sex offender, who assaulted women and apparently a child, in the dochas centre now
    https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/sex-offender-undergoing-male-female-16623261

Can you give specific details of this case? 10 counts of sexual assault, where did this happen, in a private home, a public place or in an establishment?

Asking as you seem to imply that this happened in a service provider's establishment?

All it says is
    The prisoner was remanded in the women's prison in Mountjoy on Monday after being convicted of 10 counts of sexual assault and one count of cruelty against a child, according to an exclusive in the Sunday World.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Can you give specific details of this case? 10 counts of sexual assault, where did this happen, in a private home, a public place or in an establishment?

Asking as you seem to imply that this happened in a service provider's establishment?

All it says is
    What difference does it make where a biological male was done for 10 counts of sexual assault , theyre in a womens facility now and thats wrong

No news outlet will touch the story it's pride month again. None of them want to report anything bad about something related to LGBT. It's why we have so little details. It was in the Sunday world yesterday, unless somebody read it we don't know any more.

What difference does it make where a biological male was done for 10 counts of sexual assault , theyre in a womens facility now and thats wrong

I never mentioned about the placing of the prisoner? I asked for details of this case as its so vague, awaiting info.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Indeed why should it matter ? Unless we are arguing for special privilege due to their sexual orientation.

That's fascist thinking apparently. She is just as much a woman as the next female bearded owner of a cock.

I never mentioned about the placing of the prisoner? I asked for details of this case as its so vague, awaiting info.

You need to start another thread if you want to discuss it. It's been deleted here already as off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

All it says is

No such thing was implied by that post at all? Just pointing out that here is a case of something that apparently cannot and will not happen in Ireland, according to you on many threads, happening in Ireland

• Advertisement

oh, not at all - it's just something i didn't expect to happen in ireland so it was a little on a tangent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

There was a case where a F2M customer asked to have their hair cut in a male barber shop and was, 'directed', to a female hair salon, the customer won damages.

The barber 'assumed' the customer had a female identity and had an arrangement with the female hair salon in the same shopping center to direct female customers to them for trade.

I'm not going to link, quite recent. Dublin area.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    No such thing was implied by that post at all? Just pointing out that here is a case of something that apparently cannot and will not happen in Ireland, according to you on many threads, happening in Ireland

Why was it brought up then in a discussion about the rights of a service provider to refuse service?

By the way, any male bodied(with intact male genitalia) person convicted of sexual assault should not be in a womens prison. There is a massive difference between those who change sex who are decent law abiding people who bother no-one and those who go around with intact male genitalia sexually assaulting people, the latter are still s*um. That's the word from a transgender ally.

klaaaz wrote:
    By the way, any male bodied(with intact male genitalia) person convicted of sexual assault should not be in a womens prison. There is a massive difference between those who change sex who are decent law abiding people who bother no-one and those who go around with intact male genitalia sexually assaulting people, the latter are still s*um. That's the word from a transgender ally.

That's discrimination.

And why do you think being a self appointed "ally" means anything?

It's not the same. As I stated in Ireland, there are exemptions under the Equal Status Act for an establishment to refuse service even to gender recognition holders. It's done on a case by case basis, if there is no agreement between the customer and the service provider, the service provider can invoke the said exemptions legally. Self ID has been here for 4 years, places like salons and gyms have negotiated in mutual agreements between themselves and customers(trans obviously) and all being happy outcomes so far!.
    As for that Canadian type case here, they haven't a leg to stand on using the law, no solicitor would entertain such a case. Each country is different in it's laws!

The barber who was fined 5k for not cutting a transmans hair I imagine would disagree with you (https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/dublin-barber-fined-5-000-in-transgender-discrimination-case-1.3577517). It has been legally established that places like salons can discriminate based on sex but as the GRA legally make the transperson the opposite sex, its considered gender discrimination to refuse service as the barber case established, I honestly think a JY case in Ireland might succeed

You need to start another thread if you want to discuss it. It's been deleted here already as off topic.

I didn't know that!
    ceadaoin. wrote: »

We know nothing about this case other than what the notorious Sunday World say in their snippet of info. Did it involve manipulation of self-ID, were the attacks a historic case etc, we know feck all to jump to conclusions.

That's discrimination.

And why do you think being a self appointed "ally" means anything?

Oh you again, the self appointed opposer of anyone being trans who destroy your "gender norms" view.
    The barber who was fined 5k for not cutting a transmans hair I imagine would disagree with you (https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/dublin-barber-fined-5-000-in-transgender-discrimination-case-1.3577517). It has been legally established that places like salons can discriminate based on sex but as the GRA legally make the transperson the opposite sex, its considered gender discrimination to refuse service as the barber case established, I honestly think a JY case in Ireland might succeed

The barber case involved hair, that stuff that grows on your head. Nothing intimate about it like in a beauty salon on certain body areas or a gym's changing rooms. In that case, the barbers/hairdressers had two salons operating a cartel in that local area, they were caught out.

Did it involve manipulation of self-ID

Can you expand on that concept?
    Are you implying it was a man dressing as woman just to draw attention off the fact he was man so he could commit crimes. Is a man dressing as a woman not a trans woman. If they identify as a woman we have to legally accept them as a woman. The state accepts she is a woman that's why there in a woman's prison.

Oh you again, the self appointed opposer of anyone being trans who destroy your "gender norms" view.

The barber case involved hair, that stuff that grows on your head. Nothing intimate about it like in a beauty salon on certain body areas or a gym's changing rooms. In that case, the barbers/hairdressers had two salons operating a cartel in that local area, they were caught out.

Operating a cartel is a fairly serious accusation!

The equal status act you keep referring to that will protect Irish women from a JY situation refers to any services of an aesthetic, cosmetic nature and are what allow hairdressers to legally discriminate. If a barber can't use it in the above situation, there is no reason to believe that a beautician will be allowed to use it

“differences in the treatment of persons on the gender ground in relation to services of an aesthetic, cosmetic or similar nature, where the services require physical contact between the service provider and the recipient.”"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Good on him

Its a disgrace that women think they can refuse to wax a man's cock and balls.

I hope he wins his discrimination case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement