Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lady can't have her hairy balls waxed [mod notes/warnings in post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

ingalway wrote: »
    Here is todays I Kid You Not:

The battle will be won in sports, Lauren Hubbard's gold medals last week and his entry into the the Olympics in Tokyo next year is starting to explode.
    Weightlifter Hubbard becomes lightning rod for criticism of transgender policy https://www.reuters.com/article/us-weightlifting-newzealand-hubbard/weightlifter-hubbard-becomes-lightning-rod-for-criticism-of-transgender-policy-idUSKCN1UP0F0

Ahh here...

Convicted sex offender caught wandering the corridors of Irish school dressed as a woman (probably deserves its own thread)

A convicted sex offender caught wandering the corridors of a Co Tyrone school dressed as a woman has been jailed for four months for what a judge called “a premeditated action to gain entry”.

A defence lawyer described his client as “a complicated character, who is entitled to dress as he likes but not behave as he does”.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/convicted-sex-offender-caught-wandering-the-corridors-of-irish-school-dressed-as-a-woman-38363704.html

Probably going to a women's prison after all this. Like winning the lottery for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I really do believe that many people who are generally very liberal and who fully supported the Marriage Ref and Repeal 8th (I did) are the same people who have grave concerns on this topic.
    I am one of these people.

I am somebody who thinks that people who are transgender should be allowed to live their lives pretty much as they want, by and large. I don't have any problem with using their preferred pronoun, for example. I'm not quite sure I agree with the logic behind it, but, hey, I'm not going to think about it too deeply. There has been a fair amount of discussion about Boards policy on this one, but as far as I can see, using the pronoun 'they' sorts it out, and for me at least, that isn't any kind of hill to die on.

But when it comes to 'live their lives as they want, by and large', the reality is that living their lives comprises a huge number and range of interactions with other people.

Do I have a problem with the idea that somebody who is biologically female prefers to be called 'he' in an office environment (or vice versa)? No, I don't, to be honest.

Do I have a problem with the likes of the subject of this thread looking for a genital wax when their genitals are, to put it politely, not the genitals expected by the waxer? Yes I do. I am not sure if there is even a single poster on this thread who thinks that scenario is ok.

So when we talk about 'living their lives', it actually encompasses a huge range of interactions and encounters, and sometimes my own ethical compass will say it's something that sounds ok to me, and sometimes it's something that doesn't sound ok to me.

Do I think that a transgender female should be allowed to live their life as they please, by and large? Yes, I do. Do I think that extends to allowing a transgender female to compete in female sports? No, I don't.

When I think about it like that, I wonder if there is any consistency to my positions or if they are just arbitrary. Maybe what it really means is that 'live their lives as they please, by and large' is something that actually needs to be examined interaction by interaction, scenario by scenario, right versus competing right. I'm not sure a broad/generic law can be worded in such a way that it can adequately cover all these possible scenarios and interactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

T
    osarusan wrote: »

I am somebody who thinks that people who are transgender should be allowed to live their lives pretty much as they want, by and large. I don't have any problem with using their preferred pronoun, for example. I'm not quite sure I agree with the logic behind it, but, hey, I'm not going to think about it too deeply. There has been a fair amount of discussion about Boards policy on this one, but as far as I can see, using the pronoun 'they' sorts it out, and for me at least, that isn't any kind of hill to die on.

For me it is the hill to die on when it comes to the non-personal interaction pronoun. If women (or men) surrender and retreat from that hill they will have lost the battle and the war of words.

But more importantly you are actually misgendering someone by using the word "they" doing so after you have been corrected is "hatespeech".
    You have entered a persons "safespace" and punched them in the middle of their gender identity.

If you work in a trans ally organisation you will be asked to add your pronouns to your signature like adding on an educational achievement.

The Indo is "misgendering" the State of Northern Ireland in the United Kingdom with its 'click bating' why should I worry about what is going on 6 miles away or 600 or even 6000?

Spot the difference below.

Crime recorded as a female or male crime.
    Pre and post conviction detention
    Prior criminal history and the ability to correctly report it
    Public understanding of the crime
    What pronoun is the victim allowed to use when speaking about what has happened and the ongoing impact.
    The impact on the public acceptance of LGBT

And the words that make this happen is "call me Grace, I am a woman"
    We can all look at it and go "like hell she is Grace". But by accepting the pronoun, while its self contradiction, is accepting the validness of a claim.

"A convicted sex offender caught wandering the corridors of a Co Armagh school has been jailed for four months for what a judge called “a premeditated action to gain entry”.
    A defence lawyer described his client as “a complicated character, who is not entitled behave as she does”.

Grace Rainey Kelly (35), from Riverside Crescent, Twomiletown committed the offence on the afternoon of July 1, breaching a Sexual Offences Prevention Order (SOPO) which banned her from going within 20 metres of schools or similar facilities.

The court heard she had previous convictions, including two sexual assaults on women in 2016 and 2017. "

Here is todays I Kid You Not:

Just when I think I have heard and read the most nonsensical thing ever then something else comes along to yet again amaze/sicken me.
    This article explains it very well:
    https://pjmedia.com/trending/aclu-stumps-for-the-new-transgender-patriarchy/

Words matter
    All of this comes on the heels of new research conducted by the University of Otago in New Zealand. The report, which was released earlier this month, explains:

Science demonstrates that high adult levels of testosterone, as well as permanent testosterone effects on male physiology during in utero and early development, provides a performance advantage in sport and that much of this male physiology is not mitigated by the transition to a transwoman

In a Reuters article, one transgender athlete dismissed the researchers' findings with the nonsensical claim, "The opinions of scientists although valid, are just that, opinions."

From Reuters
    “The opinions of scientists although valid, are just that, opinions,” said New Zealand mountain biker Kate Weatherly, who transitioned as a teenager and has become a national champion competing against women.

“I’m not winning by crazy margins and the anecdotal evidence does point to me having little to no advantage.”

anecdotal.
    /ˌanɪkˈdəʊtl/
    adjective
    (of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research.

If you want to talk to me about lived experience, 'you myself and Peig*' will be the starting point that we can bond over, and as for guilt tripping have a penny for the box*.

* collective Irish experiences which have shaped Irish cultural life

• Advertisement

Well while boards are looking into the correct use of words why is the word
    **** < C u n t replaced by stars while the word "TERF" not?

Being female both are the female equivelant of ****** <SNIP> [ the N word a white word for slaves that black people still use to describe themselves ] but boards have continued to allow my posts the contain the word "TERF" but automatically star out the both of the others??

Are Boards going to have an opinion on the use of this word? [TERF]

It's interesting that in some reports it's Grace Rainey Kelly but in the Irish Independent it's Geoffrey Rainey Kelly a man in a dress.
    Feel free to put up links to the 'some reports' you saw where it says Grace Rainey Kelly.

Feel free to put up links to the 'some reports' you saw where it says Grace Rainey Kelly.

It's above you, somebody quoted it.

It's above you, somebody quoted it.

They switched/fabricated identity to make a point. Changed gender and name (and address), to make a point.

Yet you managed to see 'some reports' which contained the changed info they had made up?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Are Boards going to have an opinion on the use of this word? [TERF]
    While I 100% agree with the TERFs on this matter when it comes to things like sport and waxing "lady balls" and access to women only spaces, I do find the wider discussion interesting.

After all the RF in TERF, the radical feminists have been about the most widely visible on the identity politics front for the last 30 plus years. And looking beyond equality and arguing for positive discrimination and special privilege with it. Yet when identity politics goes too far on encroaching on their turf using the same "equality" tactics they lose the rag.

As I noted earlier in this thread, the discussion on trans and safe spaces and all that have been exclusively about how biological women will be affected. Now I fully appreciate in something like sports that's a given, but are men supposed to just suck it up if trans males show up in their male spaces(though let's face it they have eff all anymore)? You yourself put (or men) in brackets when you care to mention them at all.

For me the best thing to hopefully come out of this mess is attention being brought to bear on the polarising nonsense that is identity politics itself.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

They switched/fabricated identity to make a point. Changed gender and name (and address), to make a point.
    Yet you managed to see 'some reports' which contained the changed info they had made up?

Didn't realize they made it up. The prison stats were quoted earlier, 1 in 10 Travellers and 1 in 50 of the ordinary prison population identifying as Trans, I still reckon he'll probably end up in the women's prison as happened here last week with another predator who's name wasn't released. https://womenarehuman.com/male-sex-offender-placed-in-womens-prison-already-plagued-by-sexual-abuse-scandal/

Wibbs wrote: »
    are men supposed to just suck it up if trans males show up in their male spaces

For me the best thing to hopefully come out of this mess is attention being brought to bear on the polarising nonsense that is identity politics itself.

I can't think of anywhere that would be an issue bar the vatican, schools and the work place if customer facing.

Hopefully were nearing the end of identity politics, I'd like to see radical feminism go down the tube with it though.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I remembered something yesterday.

I always get the terms for each type of wax mixed up. Californian, Brazillian, Hollywood. Can never remember which shape each one is. Anyway, one time I booked in for one, I got the name of it wrong and ended up with someone untrained to do the wax I expected. She was nice and apologetic, as was I but the bottom (!) line was that she was only trained to do the type I booked in for and no way was she going to give me the more extended one. Maybe it was my lack of male privilege that I just accepted that I wasn't going to get the service I expected. Or maybe that I didn't want to pressure or bully her into it in case my vulva ended up attached to the wax strip instead of me.

So maybe a new wax method can be invented. Call it the Canadian. Which means it's a genital wax on a person with a penis and testicles. All nice and gender neutral there. Then everyone (except me since I'll probably end up booking it by accident) knows what is getting waxed and has the training or experience to perform said wax. All salons offer different services - none of them offer absolutely everything. Salons can be free to offer all or some of the waxing services. And if they don't offer the Canadian, just go to the salon that does.

Thanks for proving that social impact that using incorrect pronouns have on people.

Now how about working down the other items on the list.

And yes there is evidence in the Ministry of Justice stats that convicted sex offenders are transitioning.
    With deadnaming being a hate crime and the legal right to delete incorrect personal information off the Internet what's not to like?

Are we to believed that these are all lesbian women with a little problem of understanding the word NO?

Neyite wrote: »
    I remembered something yesterday.

I always get the terms for each type of wax mixed up.

Real women epilate :eek: :eek:

Words matter (see below) :D
    https://www.boots.ie/braun-silk-epil-5-541-wet-and-dry-cordless-epilator-10197157

Braun, the world's number one epilation brand, is delighted to introduce the new Braun Silk-epil 5 Wet & Dry, for an extra gentle epilation experience in or out of water.

How to epilate - Tips for First-Time Users
    Evenings are the time for epilation; you're more relaxed and any minor bumps will be gone by the morning.

With regular use, epilation becomes virtually painless. :rolleyes:

The golden rule is to moisturise after epilation, not before. Apply body lotion for the desired results and get set for super-soft, silky skin in the morning.

[Please mind the gap]

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

As I noted earlier in this thread, the discussion on trans and safe spaces and all that have been exclusively about how biological women will be affected. Now I fully appreciate in something like sports that's a given, but are men supposed to just suck it up if trans males show up in their male spaces(though let's face it they have eff all anymore)? You yourself put (or men) in brackets when you care to mention them at all.

In the UK, there's a couple of little exclusions to Self ID. You, Wibbs can Self ID, beard and all and join the Girl Guides as a leader, or swim in the Women's only pool on Hamstead Heath, be incarcerated in a women's prison, be housed in a women's refuge or in a woman's ward.

However your hypothetical transman sibling, unfortunately cannot inherit his father's seat in the House of Lords, nor can he inherit titles. Pretty sure that the likes of Masonic lodges and men only clubs are also off limits. Despite being fully male legally. This proves that the very establishment that created the Self ID law don't really buy into it.

You might have to share a changing room with a trans man. Or a public toilet. Or sports, but I'm sure nobody is going to be challenging you for your medals. But even when there's men only swim sessions and transmen are permitted in, there's a pesky double standard as he can't wear shorts like the other men there. He must wear a rash vest, in accordance to Swim UK's policy. Even though they aren't breasts, they must be covered up. So all moobs are grand except trans moobs I guess.

So it appears that biological men don't have to suck it up. Or suck up much. Lucky you, eh? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

So maybe a new wax method can be invented. Call it the Canadian
    A Bro-zilian

gmisk wrote: »
    A Bro-zilian

I did consider that but rejected it on the possiblity that a trans women might be offended. A Bro-zilian could probably be offered as well as a Canadian, thereby covering all bases...

If I was getting it done I'd prefer a woman to do it, a physio I used to go that's quite Hot used to leave the room if you started getting a woody, She'd leave you a cold tea spoon to put on the top if it.
    Thankfully never happened to me but it's a simple solution if you think a client is starting to pitch a tent.

While I 100% agree with the TERFs on this matter when it comes to things like sport and waxing "lady balls" and access to women only spaces, I do find the wider discussion interesting.

..... Yet when identity politics goes too far on encroaching on their turf using the same "equality" tactics they lose the rag.
    You yourself put (or men) in brackets when you care to mention them at all.

Words matter.
    As I can't claim to speak for anyone other than myself, I make an effort to define single and collective words. Eg we will be defined as "we the people", "penis having people" and "non trans woman" etc

It's hard because in worklife I am 'we', "we the company... "
    And "they is doing... " ahaaaa just no.

If you read my posts you may have noticed that I have coded in language to segregate groups.
    I am aware of the language games some people try to play and after a while I get board reading tap dancing.

I can laugh at it aka Jeremy Hunt and bigot.
    But it's like reading Shakesphere and being locked out through the language or Juno and the Paycock without knowing Irish history.

TERF has a very different meaning in gender discussions as does the word "cis".
    Cis is being recode as "STFU You know nothing".
    TERF is coded as the yellow star with the final solution all rolled up into one.

When you are looking at a person who believes that "the sexual reproduction" in sex is irrelevant and that intersexed people prove that sexual reproduction is not the combination of an X and a Y, being able to understand what the words represent is having to learn a new language.

PS And just because some women have extreme views it shoud not be socially acceptable to suggest that the only reason that they have them is that they are menstruating ;)

Safegarding has always been sexist due to the girl ending up holding the baby and the imbalance of physical strenght.
    As women were "asexual" and gay men did not exist the false idea was that boys did not need safegarding.
    The stag and slut dilemma.
    I was speaking to a nephew who has almost hit the other side of puberty about Manchester and parents rights.
    And asked him the bathroom question.
    He immediatly said that I should not have to share my space.
    But did not want to say he did not want to share his space either.
    Asked him to be honest and he said no, he wanted his space too.

I apply the same rules to male and female spaces, but if women "win" the bathroom wars men retain their status quo.

But what about trans men?
    They have been socialised as female and mostly understand the rules
    Anyway in general I would not expect that someone with body dysmorphia to be 'walking around naked as a demonstration of a right'. I could be wrong on that though.

But there appear to be a lot of ally's who object to the words "woman adult human female" but want fixed intersectional gender roles.

• Advertisement

So it appears that biological men don't have to suck it up. Or suck up much. Lucky you, eh? :p

Ermmm to PC this?

Gentlemen if you are gentlemen and hetrosexual please invest in knee pads.
    It's only a outtie.

PS don't spit on the carpet

PS don't spit on the carpet

baby steps, we'll sort out the wax my balls issue first.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭ingalway

It's early in the day yet for I Kid You Not and I'm sure an even better one will hurtle it's way to me later BUT:

In Glasgow cross dressers, the description in the article before anyone has a transphobic/terf attack, are to be freely allowed to use the female changing rooms of any Glasgow City Council facilities. They can be trans identified, trans transitioned or just any random bloke who says he feels more comfortable in feminine clothing, with or without a beard I'm sure:

It acknowledges that some visitors may feel 'uncomfortable' at the presence of 'someone whom they think of being of the opposite sex ' being in their changing room.

"Some customers may complain if they feel that someone whom they think of being of the opposite sex is in their changing room"

"But staff are told to 'sensitively' explain the rules to anyone who objects, or report them under Hate Crime"

What could go wrong. I'm sure the women and girls of Glasgow have nothing to fear - apart from those ones that question it and will be reported for a Hate Crime.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/row-erupts-cross-dressing-men-14444999?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭petros1980

If I was a trans person myself I'd be coming out strongly against the likes of this pervert, trans women competing in womens sports etc. The extreme fringe of the trans community holds the potential to turn the majority of society against the trans community as a whole.

It's a bit of a weird one were they never allowed in before? My local pool is mixed changing rooms and showers. There just blokes when they get out of the pool. I've never seen blokes in a bikini in there, can blokes wear bikinis in the pool in Glasgow I wonder.
    It's a tuff city, I'd more more worried about wearing an Irish jersey in some places than a dress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

It's early in the day yet for I Kid You Not and I'm sure an even better one will hurtle it's way to me later BUT:

In Glasgow cross dressers, the description in the article before anyone has a transphobic/terf attack, are to be freely allowed to use the female changing rooms of any Glasgow City Council facilities. They can be trans identified, trans transitioned or just any random bloke who says he feels more comfortable in feminine clothing, with or without a beard I'm sure:

It acknowledges that some visitors may feel 'uncomfortable' at the presence of 'someone whom they think of being of the opposite sex ' being in their changing room.

"Some customers may complain if they feel that someone whom they think of being of the opposite sex is in their changing room"

"But staff are told to 'sensitively' explain the rules to anyone who objects, or report them under Hate Crime"

What could go wrong. I'm sure the women and girls of Glasgow have nothing to fear - apart from those ones that question it and will be reported for a Hate Crime.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/row-erupts-cross-dressing-men-14444999?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

A hate crime? To report a man in a woman’s change room?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

If I was getting it done I'd prefer a woman to do it, a physio I used to go that's quite Hot used to leave the room if you started getting a woody, She'd leave you a cold tea spoon to put on the top if it.
    Thankfully never happened to me but it's a simple solution if you think a client is starting to pitch a tent.

I was in hospital 20+ years ago and bed bound, the only working part I had at the time was my fella. The nurse who used to give me a bed bath at the first sign of him perking up would slap the end with expert back hand. Never failed to kill off the erection.

A hate crime? To report a man in a woman’s change room?

A hate crime is to not fully accept that the man may actually be a transwoman and therefore legally entitled to be in the women's changing room. You are assuming gender there. It's tricky as it's also transphobic to ask them if they are trans, as you may be inadvertently dead naming them by referring to their former gender. Best just to cancel your gym membership like all the other women who for religious or personal reasons can no longer use women-only facilites because of their transphobic belief that they are no longer actually women-only spaces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

We are reaching levels of wokeness that shouldn't be possible..

From "I believe her" to " I believe she should be forced to handle a mans shrivelled d1ck and balls"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

A hate crime is to not fully accept that the man may actually be a transwoman and therefore legally entitled to be in the women's changing room. You are assuming gender there. It's tricky as it's also transphobic to ask them if they are trans, as you may be inadvertently dead naming them by referring to their former gender. Best just to cancel your gym membership like all the other women who for religious or personal reasons can no longer use women-only facilites because of their transphobic belief that they are no longer actually women-only spaces.

That is INSANE.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement