Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lady can't have her hairy balls waxed [mod notes/warnings in post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

klaaaz wrote: »
    Nope, the poster never specified where that place was, we don't live in Australia.

I think most Irish people would know where NSW is, I'll spell it out the next time for you seen as your not too hot on tla's. Or maybe your just deflecting and dragging things way off course as usual.
    Starting to think your work for a Cambridge Analyticals poor cousin that got the Dems contract for 2020, the CNN thing really gave it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,872 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Nope, the poster never specified where that place was, we don't live in Australia.

Maybe next time one can pull up a story from IMARC and assume it's in Ireland.

My cousin from MO agrees.

Not Mayo, I mean Missouri.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Is she not entitled to her own views on the topic?

I never said she isn't lol

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

They will never carry a child in their womb but they could still get a person female pregnant!!!

Fixed your post.

Only females can become pregnant. I call them girls or women because that’s the correct terminology, but female works just as well.

Men and trans ‘women’ do not become pregnant and a trans ‘man’ who becomes pregnant is still biologically female.

No need to mince your words when human reproduction is under discussion. Human biology is not subject to the whims of a socially active woke brigade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

I never said she isn't lol

She can have her views, but if they dissent from mine she's a transphobe. Great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

JayZeus wrote: »
    Fixed your post.

Only females can become pregnant. I call them girls or women because that’s the correct terminology, but female works just as well.

Men and trans ‘women’ do not become pregnant and a trans ‘man’ who becomes pregnant is still biologically female.

No need to mince your words when human reproduction is under discussion. Human biology is not subject to the whims of a socially active woke brigade.

200.webp?cid=790b7611a96f9d3c892d01fceac7860d9a081e996e6881bd&rid=200.webp

Ironicname wrote: »
    I think this is where the arguement has reached peak "intolerant/no true Scotsman".

A trans persons point of view isn't valid because you lablel her a transphobe?

Unless your trans Joey, you've no right to tell her how to feel her life experiences. Is that not the line trotted out when people try to shame people into calling into line?

Blaire White is a far right Trump supporter with transphobic views. She has openly used her youtube channel to bully, harass and mock trans people. I'm not telling her how she should feel at all. Just highlighting that her far ideologically conservative viewpoint in life is transphobic.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's all a bit of an insane concept but if your really believe your a woman like Blaire wouldn't you be naturally trasphobic watching what's happening.
    So she's just your average girl and infact it's the people calling other trans people transphobes who are the real transphobes.

I'm sure in some alternate universe somewhere that makes sense..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Blaire White is a far right Trump supporter with transphobic views. She has openly used her youtube channel to bully, harass and mock trans people. I'm not telling her how she should feel at all. Just highlighting that her far ideologically conservative viewpoint in life is transphobic.

Blaire White is a trans woman. Her political support of America's president has nothing to do with her opinion on trans issues.

I have not seen her bully or harass anyone, but merely disagree,sometimes strongly.

Trans people are as open to mocking as anyone else is, I would have thought even more so by someone who has shared experience. .

Is that not the reason people tolerate the use of the word "queer" or "fag" when done by self identifying queer or fag people?

Also when a black person used the word "ni**er", it is allowed.

Having a different opinion to what you would normally have yourself or converse to what you would act like is not "self hating" and to label someone as such is perverse.

It's deeply ironic that you would throw labels like that in the guise of being tolerant.

Blaire White is a trans woman. Her political support of America's president has nothing to do with her opinion on trans issues.

I have not seen her bully or harass anyone, but merely disagree,sometimes strongly.

Trans people are as open to mocking as anyone else is, I would have thought even more so by someone who has shared experience. .

Is that not the reason people tolerate the use of the word "queer" or "fag" when done by self identifying queer or fag people?

Also when a black person used the word "ni**er", it is allowed.

Having a different opinion to what you would normally have yourself or converse to what you would act like is not "self hating" and to label someone as such is perverse.

It's deeply ironic that you would throw labels like that in the guise of being tolerant.

To promote tolerance you often need to be intolerant of intolerance. So yeah I am intolerant of her. Blaire White promotes anti trans views similar to how Paddy Manning and Keith Mills promoted anti gay views during 2015.

Paddy Manning and Keith Mills are homophobic gay men and Blaire White is a transphobic trans woman.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

To promote tolerance you often need to be intolerant of intolerance.

Let's bring that to it's logical conclusion then. You are intolerant of her therefore to oppose your intolerance, I must be intolerant of you.

Do you see how ridiculous that is?

You disagree with her stance on some trans issues. That doesn't make her transphobic. The current trend of branding anyone who doesn't believe your bull**** as some sort of "phobe" is bizarre.

I'm actually quite surprised to see that coming from a moderator in the forum that deals specifically with trans rights and is a safe space for trans people.

I guess only trans people who don't veer from the party line are accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Let's bring that to it's logical conclusion then. You are intolerant of her therefore to oppose your intolerance, I must be intolerant of you.

Do you see how ridiculous that is?

You disagree with her stance on some trans issues. That doesn't make her transphobic. The current trend of branding anyone who doesn't believe your bull**** as some sort of "phobe" is bizarre.

I'm actually quite surprised to see that coming from a moderator in the forum that deals specifically with trans rights and is a safe space for trans people.

I guess only trans people who don't veer from the party line are accepted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance

You missed my point Gmail.

I'm not advocating for tolerance of everything. Im highlighting the fact that a moderator of LGBT forum has publicly branded an outspoken and proud trans woman "a transphobe" while advocating and admonishing people who refuse to refer to the subject of this thread by their preferred pronouns.

Both people are transphobic to them, even though I'd argue that referring to the Yaniv person as a woman is much more damaging to the trans community in general.

It seems that anyone who doesn't agree wholesale is a phobe. And God forbid they may have a different political allegiance. Imagine the people who vote FF and FG and pose for pictures with Coveney and Leo stating that not hating trump is disgusting.

I find the whole lot troublesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

I might be too cynical but I believe that for every one that posts it are ten more thanking it

This is the first thread about trans issues I've got involved in but I've read a lot of the others to know that trans support is still at best 50/50.

Keep supporting Yaniv, self identification and non sports exemption and the support will plummet to 1% at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    She can have her views, but if they dissent from mine she's a transphobe. Great.
    It's all a bit of an insane concept but if your really believe your a woman like Blaire wouldn't you be naturally trasphobic watching what's happening.
    So she's just your average girl and infact it's the people calling other trans people transphobes who are the real transphobes.

I'm sure in some alternate universe somewhere that makes sense..
    Danzy wrote: »
    No, if it's not conforming, it must not be thought.

Sinners are Terfs, Nazis, lumpen proles, Zio's, Uncle Toms etc

Do ye think Blaire White is a woman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Do ye think Blaire White is a woman?

A biological women? No, because she isn't.

A trans-women? Not too sure. I don't know anything about her really tbh. I did read that she doesn't want a vaginoplasty because she wants to have kids naturally, which is strange to me if she views herself as female. But I've never heard of her before this thread tbh.

I've no problem calling her her though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Blaire White gets a pass because she is a self hating trans person with transphobic ideas. A bit like those gobsh ites Paddy Manning and Keith Mills.

She's a transphobic trans person.

That just doesn’t make any sense tbh. Because the idea of a person hating themselves so much that they would wish to be something they aren’t, is the very foundation upon which the idea of gender affirmation surgery is proposed as a means to alleviate gender dysphoria. Gender affirmation surgery is proposed as a means to allow a person to present themselves as they wish to be perceived, rather than who they actually are.

Her views aren’t transphobic at all, but I do agree with you that they are conservative. It doesn’t follow though that conservative = transphobic, but rather that conservative is the opposite of progressive. I’d also agree with you that she has used her social media channels to openly bully, mock and harass trans people - she issued a public apology after a long running spat with Riley Dennis, but I lost any respect I had for her when she gave a shout-out to Calvin Garrah in one of her recent videos. I don’t suggest you bother looking him up, he’s a dose to even listen to for more than 30 seconds, nothing worth actually listening to, just a complete wind-up.

My point is that among those people who consider themselves transgender, there is considerable disagreement about who and what qualifies to be able to refer to themselves as transgender. There are many self-appointed “gatekeepers” and tbh I’d struggle to think of everyone who identifies themselves as being transgender as a community, not when their ideas as individuals are so different from each other that they can bandy around terms like calling anyone who disagrees with them transphobic.

Some people have tried to render gender meaningless already by suggesting that they are the definitive authority on the idea, but the reason I disagree is that one cannot simply appropriate a gender because they do not associate themselves with the sex they were born.

To promote tolerance you often need to be intolerant of intolerance. So yeah I am intolerant of her. Blaire White promotes anti trans views similar to how Paddy Manning and Keith Mills promoted anti gay views during 2015.

Paddy Manning and Keith Mills are homophobic gay men and Blaire White is a transphobic trans woman.

It’s silly to try and frame the issue as a paradox of tolerance because the paradox was formed relating to freedom of speech. You’re not promoting tolerance by simply condemning people who don’t share your perspective, and because they don’t share your political views doesn’t mean they actually are either homophobic or transphobic. Not wanting to drag the thread too far off topic but neither Paddy Manning nor Keith Mills expressed anti-gay views during the campaign for the marriage equality referendum, they were opposed to extending marital rights to gay and lesbian couples, which is a different idea entirely than being homophobic. They’re a bit like Milo Yiannopoulos that way - they want to maintain their social status as counter-cultural upstarts who have branded themselves conservative.

As someone who is conservative, I wouldn’t want to be associated with any of the above named idiots tbh, but I have to accept that other people are going to make that association if I say I’m conservative. I have no control over that in the same way as a person has no control over how they are perceived by other people. They may have their preferred pronouns that they prefer to be referred to by, but nobody can be compelled to adhere to using their preferred pronouns any more than anyone can be compelled to believe in God simply because someone tries to compel them to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

The above does not surprise me in the least.
    This is the TRA way and it will implode.

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    The above does not surprise me in the least.
    This is the TRA way and it will implode.

What does TRA stand for?

Teachers retired association? Telecommunications regulatory authority? Tenants and residents association? Training regulatory authority? Trade rights association?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

What does TRA stand for?

Teachers retired association? Telecommunications regulatory authority? Tenants and residents association? Training regulatory authority? Trade rights association?

I really have zero desire to interact with you.

• Advertisement

Sir Oxman wrote:

Ha. So true. There are certain people who just constantly want to argue and insult rather than discuss

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Ha. So true. There are certain people who just constantly want to argue and insult rather than discuss

Oh it's quite clear now, the acronyms are only known by the anti-trans brigade who have indeed insulted transgender people in this thread.

You missed my point Gmail.

I'm not advocating for tolerance of everything. Im highlighting the fact that a moderator of LGBT forum has publicly branded an outspoken and proud trans woman "a transphobe" while advocating and admonishing people who refuse to refer to the subject of this thread by their preferred pronouns.

Both people are transphobic to them, even though I'd argue that referring to the Yaniv person as a woman is much more damaging to the trans community in general.

It seems that anyone who doesn't agree wholesale is a phobe. And God forbid they may have a different political allegiance. Imagine the people who vote FF and FG and pose for pictures with Coveney and Leo stating that not hating trump is disgusting.

I find the whole lot troublesome.

Yep.

I stand by my view that Blair White is a transphobe. LGBT people such as Milo Yiannopolousis, Paddy Manning, Keith Mills and Blair White who align themselves with far right anti lgbt movements are homophobic and transohobic and I have no problem saying that.

It's worth looking at some of the evidence of Blair Whitrs transphobia

She regularly bullies and harasses other trans people
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KvCXK_54-io
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GheTVkF2P30

She supports the view that being trans is really all just mental illness and can be cured
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wUOjuiAikrU

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

Woodsie1 wrote: »
     "her" but then the fake vagina and fake breasts pale into insignificance and the realisation that shes not actually able to carry a child for me comes straight to the fore.

This is where my discrimination surfaces.
    Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Being brutally honest the penis is what turns me off.

I think Blaire attracts me because of her attitude to Yaniv.

I could never partner up long term with her or someone like her because she doesnt have what i need.

I need a woman who can carry a child for me,someone who i can share my dna with someone who i want to have a child with which will be part me and part her....Blaire,yaniv or any other trans can never do that.

Luckily enough Ive 2 little me's running around already  so i can speculate on all this mental sh1te without a care in the world

So, there is a clear limitation on how much you believe that trans women are actual "women".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

So, there is a clear limitation on how much you believe that trans women are actual "women".

Most definitely.
    Happy to accept them as who they feel they are right up until the point Im asked to deny biology and science.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

derfderf wrote: »
    Trans women are much more likely to commit sexual offences than women. They are more likely to commit violent offences than women, and they are more likely to commit paedophilic offences than women. In fact, the stats show that trans women's rate of offending closely matches that of male pattern offending.

I'm guessing the poster was a man. He said the transgender offending pattern is closer to make figures than female. Is he implying all men are a danger to women and children too?

Men are a danger to women they are a danger to men and a danger to children
    A) when biological sex of the person convicted of committing sexual offences are recorded and
    B) when the datas is collated 
    that the evidence is showing that males commit more sex crimes that women.
    The evident shows that females are more likely to be a victim of a sex crime that a male.

Further to this some freedom of information requests in the UK show that self ID sex offenders make up almost half the transgendered prison population

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42221629
    Prisoners' convictions
    We submitted Freedom of Information requests to the Ministry of Justice.
    It said that 60 of the 125 transgender inmates it counted in England and Wales were serving time for a sexual offence.
    This is roughly half - but it's not the full picture.
    Remember - those 125 transgender inmates only include people who have had a prison case conference. It won't include transgender people who haven't identified themselves to the prison service or who already have a gender recognition certificate.
    Of the 60 serving time for sexual offences:
    27 were convicted of rape (plus a further five of attempted rape)
    13 were convicted of possessing, distributing or making indecent images of children
    13 were convicted of sexual assault or attempted sexual assault
    Nine were convicted of causing or inciting a child under 16 to engage in sexual activity
    Seven were convicted of sexual activity with a child
    Seven were convicted of indecent assault or gross indecency
    Those numbers add up to more than 60 because some prisoners are serving time for more than one offence.
    We don't know the gender of the victims or perpetrators  in these cases.

And in the Irish context of male/female perpetrator of violence and sexual offences.  You can use the Central Statistics Office web page to look at the difference between male and female criminal acts here:

https://cso.ie/px/pxeirestat/Statire/SelectVarVal/Define.asp?maintable=CJA03&PLanguage=0

The reason the data is not 100% reliable 
    The Quarter 1, 2017 Recorded Crime statistics release, originally due for publication in June 2017, was postponed by the CSO pending the completion of an internal review of 41 homicide incidents by An Garda Síochána (AGS) and the investigation of concerns raised separately by the CSO in respect of PULSE homicide records. 

And you may note the difference in male victims and female victims

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-rcv/recordedcrimevictims2018/
    Majority of homicide (77%) and assault (59%) victims in 2018 were male, but the majority (82%) of victims of sexual violence crimes were female

There were 57 male victims (77%) and 17 female victims (23%) of homicide recorded in 2018 in Ireland, according to latest available data from An Garda Síochána. There were 46 victims of murder or manslaughter (78% of whom were males) and 28 victims arising from Dangerous Driving Leading to Death (75% of whom were males). See Table 1.1 and Table 1.2.

82% of recorded victims of sexual violence in 2018 were females, while 18% of victims were males. 59% of recorded victims of physical assaults and related offences were males, while 41% of victims were females. See Figure 1.1.

The ROI has a data collection issue. The State has enacted a formal process to recognise transgendered people. It should only collect data on the 400 aprox. persons who have a legal entitlement to ID as transgendered under their new legal sex. But I am going to presume that to date none have been jailed.

As a male transitioning to female has been remanded to the women's prison it is possible and probable that there are other males who are undocumented but self IDing housed in the male estates.

We can argue the self ID transgender population is fundamentally different in the UK than Ireland 

Per the 2018 Prison report there were 172 persons serving time for sexual assault, 1 is recorded as a woman, 34 for homicide, 3 are recorded as women.

https://www.irishprisons.ie/wp-content/uploads/documents_pdf/Annual-Report-2018.pdf

And an executive summary of a UN study on homicide world wide

https://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/data-and-analysis/global-study-on-homicide.html

Trans women's rights to access female spaces were 'sold' on male violence patterns. That they are the most vulnerable of people and subjected to male violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Yep.

I stand by my view that Blair White is a transphobe. LGBT people such as Milo Yiannopolousis, Paddy Manning, Keith Mills and Blair White who align themselves with far right anti lgbt movements are homophobic and transohobic and I have no problem saying that.

It's worth looking at some of the evidence of Blair Whitrs transphobia

She regularly bullies and harasses other trans people
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KvCXK_54-io
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GheTVkF2P30

I can’t disagree with you that she does bully and harass other trans people, not because they’re trans, but because she disagrees with their perspectives. That’s not evidence of transphobia, it’s evidence that she bullies and harasses people whom she disagrees with. She’s had discussions with Laci Green and other social media personalities which I’d recommend you watch where she’s far more measured and less dramatic.

She supports the view that being trans is really all just mental illness and can be cured

And again, that’s not evidence of transphobia either. I watched that video again because her opinion is a bit more nuanced than you’re trying to present. She says specifically at 4:20 that there is no cure for gender dysphoria, and she’s correct, there is no cure for gender dysphoria. She goes on to say that the only thing that has an ounce of success for alleviating gender dysphoria is transitioning.

She goes on to say that in the future she would love for there to be some option other than transitioning, because it’s not for everyone, and that she thinks part of the reason why there’s no funding going into finding a cure or a better treatment is what she calls “the political correctness factor”. She also suggests that people shouldn’t weaponise the fact that it is a disorder against people because she says that she feels like there will always be people out there who are so politically correct that they deny that it’s a disorder, and there will always be people out there who will rebut that and sometimes be dicks about it, and likewise as long as there are people being dicks about it, there are people being defensive and deny that it’s a disorder.

I think even that perspective is far too simplistic as it attempts to make a distinction between those people who experience gender dysphoria and identify themselves as transgender, and those people who don’t experience gender dysphoria and identify themselves as transgender, much like people who associate their gender politics with what they perceive is their gender identity, and on that basis reject the paradigm of there being only two genders, or people who associate their sexual politics with what they perceive as their sexual identity, and on that basis refer to themselves as queer rather than gay, lesbian or bisexual.

Disagreeing with a persons opinions doesn’t immediately imply that a person is transphobic or homophobic or any of the rest of it, it simply means they don’t share your perspective. Tolerance means allowing for that person to hold their beliefs and while you don’t agree with them, you don’t agree they should be condemned or sanctioned for holding those beliefs either.

The State attempting to impose upon people’s freedom of speech or freedom of expression in this country at least, is where the paradox of tolerance comes from - essentially the belief that the State should be limited in how far it seeks to impose upon people’s freedom to express themselves. Boards as a private entity has the right to impose restrictions upon how people express themselves, as does any private entity. But the paradox of tolerance doesn’t really apply to people, and that’s why you have the right not to tolerate that which is a violation of your conscience, everyone has that right, and that’s why JY’s numerous frivolous complaints should never have been entertained in the first place - attempting to compel people to act on something against their will or to behave in a way which violates their conscience has never worked out well. It simply breeds resentment, which is the opposite of respect. What some people appear to be arguing for here is some form of artificial respect for people who are pretending to be their authentic selves. I don’t respect anyone who engages in that sort of nonsense, and thankfully I can’t be compelled to either, nobody can. That’s something those people are going to have to accept, as intolerant as they are of the concept of respect for the rights of other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

Ignorance is bliss.

Alot of young women do wear makeup, welcome back from the stone age.

Organic women offer more, this isnt stone age its FACT

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

We're still going to disagree when you think the majority are on our side.... Not my experience. It's very much a minority that accept trans people. Sadly.

The vast majority of people believe in the facts and those facts say it is biologically impossible to change gender. I, like most people, believe that transgenderism is a mental disorder but I’m perfectly willing to be civil and refer to them as they wish. But I don’t agree with forced speech, self ID laws, participation in women’s sports, scrubbing the term “woman” (pregnant people) etc., the loss of women only spaces. None of this is transphobic, they should be treated with respect but must accept that certain reality’s cannot be changed.

• Advertisement

if your reality depends on other people's enforced belief there's a problem somewhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement