Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lady can't have her hairy balls waxed [mod notes/warnings in post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭ingalway

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭ingalway

Morrison is only being vocal on this as he made such a hash of previous comments about LGB people which damaged his political persona. Makes him look progressive and contrite but really he just doesn't give a damn about womens sports, an easy sacrifice for him. Hypocrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

ingalway wrote: »

Hopefully common sense will prevail, and kick this BS of (fe)males competing against females.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Hopefully common sense will prevail, and kick this BS of (fe)males competing against females.

I think stories like this will cause people to take a more sceptical approach to the whole idea as opposed to just being focused on just what’s going on in sports -

Fenty model Carissa Pinkston lied about being trans to avoid backlash

Model Carissa Pinkston has reportedly admitted to pretending to be transgender in order to avoid a backlash over anti-trans comments.

Pinkston, a model who was worked for Rihanna’s Savage x Fenty and Marc Jacobs, reportedly said that she was trans on July 22 in a now-deleted Instagram post.

The announcement came just days after she was dropped by her modelling agency over a series of Facebook posts which argued that “being transgender does not make you a woman. It simply makes you transgender.”

“I wasn’t ready to come out about it yet but today I got fired and I’ve been receiving hate mail and death threats ever since so I’m being forced to tell the truth,” Pinkston wrote, according to screenshots shared widely on social media.

“I’m transgender. I transitioned at a very young age and I’ve lived my life as a female ever since.

“What I said about trans-women is a direct reflection of my inner insecurities as I have since come to realise that I am a woman… we all are.”

And the awkward reversal -

https://mobile.twitter.com/ylupiter/status/1155002828278026240

• Advertisement

I think stories like this will cause people to take a more sceptical approach to the whole idea as opposed to just being focused on just what’s going on in sports -

Fenty model Carissa Pinkston lied about being trans to avoid backlash

And the awkward reversal -

https://mobile.twitter.com/ylupiter/status/1155002828278026240

Really, who cares what some 20 year old professional clothes horse thinks or says, how the world reacts to her or how she reacts to the world? She's a child by todays social standards. She said what she knew to be true, then caved when the world around her acted like she was the one telling the lies, instead of them being the ones who demanded to hear them told putting her in that position.

If you're an adult, strong in your personal conviction that you know what's true and what is false, stand up to anyone around you who wants to hear you lie to them or insists that you should STFU because your honestly spoken words offend them.

There are plenty of good, decent people, just waiting to see that they're not going to be standing alone if they draw a line and say they've had enough of the sheite that's being pushed on them. And they're not alone. For as long as this thread is running, I've been casually discussing the issues it has brought up with family and friends, trying to get a feel for just how this whole thing sits with them. I've not been surprised to find that in the real world, the offline world, people don't buy in to the fiction being fed by online outlets.

Women, are women. Men, are men. They're not the same. They should of course be treated equally, but biology knows nothing about social equality. I see a man, I know him to be a man. I see a woman, I know her to be a woman. I know which one has a penis and which one has a vagina. I'm not going along with the nonsense and the lies being promoted around the fringes of the reality the vast majority of us live in.

So, who cares what one 20 year old model without the maturity and strength of personal conviction to say what she recognises as being true says or does? She's a fool to have tried to back down. She's a fool to have told her own lies. She had a chance to stand on her own personal principle and she messed up.

Who cares? One way or the other, it doesn't change in any way what I know to be true about men and women and what makes them so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

If this person has a penis, they are a man.

He may want to be a woman, ok, and he may dress as a woman, ok, but he is a man.

He may hope for some sort of surgery in the future, ok.

He is not a woman.

JayZeus wrote: »
    Really, who cares what some 20 year old professional clothes horse thinks or says, how the world reacts to her or how she reacts to the world? She's a child by todays social standards. She said what she knew to be true, then caved when the world around her acted like she was the one telling the lies, instead of them being the ones who demanded to hear them told putting her in that position.

Well, I care for one, about what that whole episode represents and what it suggests about the politics of transgenderism and it’s influence on society. She certainly is not a child by today’s standards, but she is an international role model for children who are influenced by these sorts of things. So they care too about how she reacts to the world and how the world reacts to her. She said what she knew to be true on social media, was widely condemned on social media, tried to justify her actions by claiming she was transgender herself, was condemned again on social media for lying about being transgender, and then admitted she lied about being transgender. Given her public profile the whole episode will undoubtedly have an influence on how children view ideas about transgenderism, social politics, social media and so on.

If you're an adult, strong in your personal conviction that you know what's true and what is false, stand up to anyone around you who wants to hear you lie to them or insists that you should STFU because your honestly spoken words offend them.

Generally speaking, it’s true that adults are indeed for the most part capable of advocating for themselves. Children, not so much. Children even less so when they are introduced to the politics of transgenderism in school facilitated and fostered by adults who are forced to do so in order to adhere to policies written by other adults who capitulate to what are a vastly over-represented minority with enough political and social currency to empower them to be able to dictate social policy and law reform.

Adults telling individuals to STFU to their faces is just uncivil and frankly achieves nothing good. The same adults can be safely ignored while lobby groups with vested interests lobby politicians to introduce law reforms which as you are now aware at least - neither you nor any of your close circle of family and friends care a whole lot about. The Gender Recognition Act of 2015 for example is what gives legal recognition to people who wish to identify themselves as their preferred gender. Those adults whom you tell to STFU no longer have to care what you think, they have the legal recognition of their preferred gender already legislated for in Irish and International law. The GRA in conjunction with other laws gives advocates of transgender politics a significant amount of power over the majority of people in Irish society. Frankly at this stage you’d be as well off telling the wall to STFU for all the good you imagine it could do :pac:

It’s precisely because you didn’t care before, that nobody else has to care what you think now, and if your words do offend people, we may have gotten rid of the offence of blasphemy, we didn’t get rid of non-fatal offences against the person and a whole host of anti-discrimination laws and limits on freedom of expression. Of course this won’t affect most adults in their day-to-day lives, but like most laws, most adults only become aware of them when those laws are used against them. Then they care, a whole lot as it happens :pac:

There are plenty of good, decent people, just waiting to see that they're not going to be standing alone if they draw a line and say they've had enough of the sheite that's being pushed on them. And they're not alone. For as long as this thread is running, I've been casually discussing the issues it has brought up with family and friends, trying to get a feel for just how this whole thing sits with them. I've not been surprised to find that in the real world, the offline world, people don't buy in to the fiction being fed by online outlets.

They are alone, I don’t buy this “silent majority” nonsense. The fact is most people, like yourself, by your own admission, simply don’t care. The same people whom you casually discuss these issues with are very unlikely to want to put their necks on the chopping block for you when in doing so their livelihoods are put at risk because of your ignorance of the law. You’re very much on your own there with little in the way of actual support This is all entirely hypothetical of course, no need to shìt the bed just yet, but these are the potential consequences of the current laws in Ireland as they are right now. I’ve pointed out already that people don’t have to buy into anything they don’t want to, but in their interactions with others, they may well face situations where that whole idea of “their way or the highway” may backfire spectacularly.

As I’ve pointed out already, while some adults may not buy into the fiction being fed by online outlets, the vast majority of both children and adults do buy into fictions that are drip-fed into their malleable minds by online outlets (social media in particular thrives on the effects of cognitive bias in informing people’s world views). The fact is your family and friends have bought into fictions and they aren’t even aware of it. The fact is that smarter people than your family and friends (generally speaking) have designed these systems, and they know how to use them much better than you, your family and your friends do.

That’s precisely why the number of people under the age of 20 who now refer to themselves as transgender has grown exponentially in the last few years, doubled in some countries, tripled in others. Meanwhile, the meaning of transgender itself has shifted, and one no longer has to experience gender dysphoria to refer to themselves as transgender -

Not All Transgender People Have Dysphoria – And Here Are 6 Reasons Why That Matters

(a fairly recent development, with people who experience gender dysphoria calling foul on that one)

Women, are women. Men, are men. They're not the same. They should of course be treated equally, but biology knows nothing about social equality. I see a man, I know him to be a man. I see a woman, I know her to be a woman. I know which one has a penis and which one has a vagina. I'm not going along with the nonsense and the lies being promoted around the fringes of the reality the vast majority of us live in.

And that’s all fantastic and true and all the rest of it, but because biology knows nothing of social equality, that’s why we have concepts like human rights and civil laws (and even rules that must be adhered to on Boards), so that everyone is at least treated fairly (I’m the first to admit I’m not gone on the whole notion of equality, I much rather values like integrity, fairness, duty and responsibility). That’s why neither you nor I nor any of your friends and family can be compelled to go along with what we consider to be nonsense and lies in our personal capacities at least. But in our interactions with others - that’s where people can come along and that nice line you drew earlier? It’s meaningless. Why? Because what you consider to be lies and nonsense has been written into law to protect people for whom those lies and nonsense means something to them. This follows the principle of treating everyone equally before the law. This isn’t something that’s on the fringes of Irish society, it’s written right there in Irish law. It applies to you whether you buy into it or not, in the same way as it applies equally to everyone else in Irish society.

So, who cares what one 20 year old model without the maturity and strength of personal conviction to say what she recognises as being true says or does? She's a fool to have tried to back down. She's a fool to have told her own lies. She had a chance to stand on her own personal principle and she messed up.

Who cares? One way or the other, it doesn't change in any way what I know to be true about men and women and what makes them so.

Plenty of people care about what happens when they see someone vilified on social media for their opinions, because what happens to that person, could just as easily happen to them if they decide they’re either foolhardy or foolish enough to express themselves authentically in the public domain. It doesn’t change what you know to be true about men and women, but I don’t think you can be so certain that you can speak for anyone else bedsides yourself. They may well be telling you what they think you want to hear too because they don’t want to incur your wrath. That’s why on an individual level it’s one thing to deal with an idiot that you can tell them to fcuk off with their shìte (not on Boards though, or at least I don’t recommend it :pac:), but you’re a bit late when those laws have already been written and nobody has to care what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

So Jenner, who is male to female and claims to be a lesbian, and his “girlfriend” who is also male to female, wants a child because he never experienced being a parent as a mother. Anyway does this just not make them two gay guys ? I mean if he’s a lesbian then why not have a relationship with a biological woman rather than a guy whose had surgery?? Confusing with a capital C

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

More like nuts with a capital N Vlad.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

****s sake, Bruce Jenner, (and I'm calling him that because that's who he was at the time) has abandoned quite a few children. Sounds like a great idea to create even more, but unfortunately for Jenner two male people can't create a child. Biology 101. Probably for the best

it's interesting that the female model got a lot of flack for declaring she was transgender. surely self id is the name of the game here? maybe everyone saying she's actually female should be banned off twitter as well.
    i suppose she is female though and that's the worst:rolleyes:

bluewolf wrote: »
    it's interesting that the female model got a lot of flack for declaring she was transgender. surely self id is the name of the game here? maybe everyone saying she's actually female should be banned off twitter as well.
    i suppose she is female though and that's the worst:rolleyes:

I think it was more the fact that she had lied about transitioning at an early age as opposed to just declaring herself to be transgender that got people’s backs up -

A few months after posting those messages, Pinkston retracted her statements and issued an apology in which she also came out as transgender. "I wasn’t ready to come about it yet but today I got fired and I’ve been receiving hate mail and death threats ever since so I’m being forced to tell the truth,” she wrote in a note she posted to her Instagram. “I’m Transgender. I transitioned at a very young age and I’ve lived my Life as a female ever since. It’s been very hard to keep this secret but what I said about Trans-Women is a direct reflection of my inner securities and I have since come to realize that I am a Woman. WE ALL ARE!"

However, several models within the community and those close to Carissa believe she only "came out" to avoid any further backlash. Transgender model Aaron Phillip spoke out against Pinkston, writing, "imagine being a model who got exposed for being a raging transphobe/saying extremely transphobic **** in the past and then resorting to LYING ABOUT BEING TRANSGENDER ONLINE FOR CLOUT IN ATTEMPT TO SAVE YOUR CAREER...? i know this person irl and she is SO CISGENDER?? Y’ALL I-?"

Pinkston posted another note to her Instagram, this time admitting to lying about being transgender and apologizing for her comments.

Model Carissa Pinkston Says She Lied About Being Transgender to Avoid Backlash

I’m just not given to caring much about transgender athletes and inmates who are far less likely to influence popular culture as models and celebrities are nowadays on social media where far more young people are likely to be interested in and influenced by their actions and attitudes and their carefully cultivated image.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

It`s Beasty`s blasphemy I object to. Not long ago, blasphemy was outlawed by the constitution. The removal of the blasphemy ban renders the constitution a worthless scrap of paper in my opinion. Ireland can look forward to the future it deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

It`s Beasty`s blasphemy I object to. Not long ago, blasphemy was outlawed by the constitution. The removal of the blasphemy ban renders the constitution a worthless scrap of paper in my opinion. Ireland can look forward to the future it deserves.

Who is Beasty, your God?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

klaaaz wrote: »

Who is Beasty, your God?

Is CNN yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    Is CNN yours?

Is Breitbart yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Geuze wrote: »
    If this person has a penis, they are a man.

He may want to be a woman, ok, and he may dress as a woman, ok, but he is a man.

He may hope for some sort of surgery in the future, ok.

He is not a woman.

Occams electric razor.

vladmydad wrote: »
    So Jenner, who is male to female and claims to be a lesbian, and his “girlfriend” who is also male to female, wants a child because he never experienced being a parent as a mother. Anyway does this just not make them two gay guys ? I mean if he’s a lesbian then why not have a relationship with a biological woman rather than a guy whose had surgery?? Confusing with a capital C

To be fair to them, celebrity gossip should be regarded as just that -

Caitlyn Jenner Slams Reports She Wants to Start a Family With Sophia Hutchens

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    ****s sake, Bruce Jenner, (and I'm calling him that because that's who he was at the time) has abandoned quite a few children. Sounds like a great idea to create even more, but unfortunately for Jenner two male people can't create a child. Biology 101. Probably for the best

And if that was the only way for couples to have children or start a family, you’d absolutely have a point.

I’m not gonna be obtuse and pretend I don’t see where you’re coming from with the idea that because she has abandoned her children from previous relationships that she could possibly abandon any potential future children, but I personally wouldn’t have any immediate concerns about a child’s welfare in those particular circumstances. I can understand why some people would be anxious that their child or children might be raised with Jenner’s Christian Conservative Republican values though, their concerns I’m sure are duly noted :rolleyes:

Not a pop at you ceadaoin as I genuinely do understand where you’re coming from, but that whole idea of concern for the welfare of children of parents who are transgender is no different than concerns for the welfare of children of gay and lesbian parents, unmarried parents, <insert whatever trait you like here> parents. In any case the argument takes the same form - the paranoia of them having children and instilling what are perceived by other people to be their values in their children which would be detrimental to their children’s welfare.

The same sort of arguments were put forward in the marriage equality referendum and one of the things I remember most about those threads was the number of people who supported marriage equality for gay and lesbian couples, but wouldn’t support adoption by gay and lesbian couples. Conversation got a bit awkward when it was pointed out that not only could gay and lesbian couples already apply to be considered for adoption, but many gay and lesbian couples were already raising their own biological children. I have no doubt there are and have been throughout history transgender parents who have also raised their own biological children.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Keep going back to the OP...Ricky Gervais tweet is class :D

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

To be fair to them, celebrity gossip should be regarded as just that -

Caitlyn Jenner Slams Reports She Wants to Start a Family With Sophia Hutchens

And if that was the only way for couples to have children or start a family, you’d absolutely have a point.

I’m not gonna be obtuse and pretend I don’t see where you’re coming from with the idea that because she has abandoned her children from previous relationships that she could possibly abandon any potential future children, but I personally wouldn’t have any immediate concerns about a child’s welfare in those particular circumstances. I can understand why some people would be anxious that their child or children might be raised with Jenner’s Christian Conservative Republican values though, their concerns I’m sure are duly noted :rolleyes:

Not a pop at you ceadaoin as I genuinely do understand where you’re coming from, but that whole idea of concern for the welfare of children of parents who are transgender is no different than concerns for the welfare of children of gay and lesbian parents, unmarried parents, <insert whatever trait you like here> parents. In any case the argument takes the same form - the fear of them having children and instilling what are perceived by other people to be their values in their children.

The same sort of arguments were put forward in the marriage equality referendum and one of the things I remember most about those threads was the number of people who supported marriage equality for gay and lesbian couples, but wouldn’t support adoption by gay and lesbian couples. Conversation got a bit awkward when it was pointed out that not only could gay and lesbian couples already apply to be considered for adoption, but many gay and lesbian couples were already raising their own biological children. I have no doubt there are and have been throughout history transgender parents who have also raised their own biological children.

What are you on about? It's nothing to do with Jenner being transgender. Just a general comment about her being a terrible parent and not very nice person who walked out on at least two sets of kids and played very little part in their lives.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    What are you on about? It's nothing to do with Jenner being transgender. Just a general comment about her being a terrible parent and not very nice person who walked out on at least two sets of kids and played very little part in their lives.

Yeah, and that’s why I said what I said wasn’t a pop at you because I do understand why you would presume that any potential child would be better off if they weren’t raised by a person who had previously abandoned their other children.

My point was basically that, well, frankly it’s just silly and irrational to make presumptions about children’s welfare or the kind of life they will have or how they will turn out because of their parents previous or current circumstances. I just didn’t want to be rude about it.

Your opinion did remind me of similar arguments that are always made regarding the welfare of children and potential detrimental outcomes, but those opinions are fundamentally based upon that persons own paranoia.

It’s one of the best things that could be done, enabling people rubbish the fictitious nonsense pushed on them by people who like to make up stories, about things like the virgin mother and other impossibilities.

The retrograde step now is the insistence that we can’t do the same when it comes to other made up crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

I kinda threw up in my mouth when I saw this https://mobile.twitter.com/trustednerd/status/1160647670714601472

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

So apparently she sexually harassed underage girls online.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

vladmydad wrote: »
    I kinda threw up in my mouth when I saw this https://mobile.twitter.com/trustednerd/status/1160647670714601472
    Absolutely bizarre...clearly just loves the attention...any attention.
    The comments below are pretty hilarious though

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

So apparently she

I think the time for playing along with his mental illness has passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I think the time for playing along with his mental illness has passed.

I agree Jessica Yaniv is clearly very mentally ill.
    I hope people can separate whatever mental illness she has from being trans though.

Actually screw that Jessica Yaniv is clearly just evil.

Also this is not about any wider issue than Jessica Yaniv and her predatory behaviors.

gmisk wrote: »
    Absolutely bizarre...clearly just loves the attention...any attention.
    The comments below are pretty hilarious though

Exactly. People are getting caught up with this idiot, but the reality of healthcare provision for people who are transgender in Ireland is actually a fairly sobering read -

'It pens people in': The challenges of accessing transgender healthcare in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Exactly. People are getting caught up with this idiot, but the reality of healthcare provision for people who are transgender in Ireland is actually a fairly sobering read -

'It pens people in': The challenges of accessing transgender healthcare in Ireland

Is it really though, it's being pushed by activists who believe the only cure is drugs and surgery. This is an experiment I'm not sure level headed doctors should be involved in. There is no cure for being a man. It's not a state of mind nor is there any magic pill or surgery that makes a woman. It's a mental condition and should be treated as such. Somebody needs to say stop the bus and look at this whole thing critically.
    Of all the people who need urgent help trans should be near the bottom of the list but when you've lobby groups with corporate sponsors shouting the loudest and a generation of politicans and medical professionals afraid to speak out and say stop this madness it's not going to happen.
    There will be massive payouts in years to come from the HSE when the serious flaws in current treatments become apparent.
    We're encouraging people to embrace their trans in school, that's the last thing we should be doing until every possible therapy is exhausted surgery or drugs should not be on the cards as an option ever.
    Trans is a serious mental condition, well wanting to transition on the outside is, it doesn't do anything to cure the underlying problem only encourages it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement