Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lady can't have her hairy balls waxed [mod notes/warnings in post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Besides Alan Turing?, again you can't cherry pick good ones and the leave the evil ones behind.

Hitler was gay and you want to start calling that out to kids so they'll like gay people. Seriously? :confused:

that was dumb as **** the first time you said it. it hasn't improved with the retelling.

Besides Alan Turing?, again you can't cherry pick good ones and the leave the evil ones behind.

Hitler was gay and you want to start calling that out to kids so they'll like gay people. Seriously? :confused:

Alan Turing is perfect example as his sexuality was a huge part of how he was treated and how he died. Something can genuinely learned from that rather than it being a foot note mentioning he fancied lads. This is the first I've ever heard of Hitler being gay. It is irrelevant to his debacles.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I am not sure Hitler was gay...but I dont really care, he wasnt chemically castrated for being who he was, so it isn't relevant.

Someone else mentioned the stonewall riots they are imo an important piece of history.

My point is if they are studying the history of an event or a historical figure if the fact they were LGBT plays a role it needs to be mentioned.

Using your Hitler example if they are discussing concentration camps, it should be mentioned the groups of people who were murdered and targetted, which should include gay people who were marked with a pink triangle.

Calling out to kids? what are you on about your post makes zero sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

This is the first I've ever heard of Hitler being gay. It is irrelevant to his debacles.

Yet in the same sentence you said Alan being gay is relevant. I'm sorry but you can't do that, you can't say it has no relevance for one story but has for another. It's possible Hitlers sexual side had a lot of influence on what he done.
    Maybe you should read up on him, he's not as far from Alan as you think in how he was treated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

It's possible Hitlers sexual side had a lot of influence on what he done.

This should be good. Please, go on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Does your bathroom at home have a lockable door?

Do you use the lock?

If you do why do you use it?

Do you expect other people to use the lock?

If you do why do you expect that they use it?

How many homes have you visited that do not have a lockable door?

How many homes have you visited that only have a lockable door that an 'adult' can use ie a bolt at the very top of the door?
    Would such a door make you think and age asses the height and age of any children in the house?

Why would you imagine public bathrooms and private bathrooms and the expectation of privacy in either environment are comparable? They aren’t, not by a longshot, and they never were.

People going into public bathrooms of their choice has been a thing long before there was any furore about who gets to use what bathroom.

Questioning me on my attitude to bathroom access to prove a point is a terrible idea because when I’m out in public and I feel the need to use the facilities, I’ll use the first one that’s available. I haven’t looked at the sign on the door in years. Sometimes I only realise I’m in the ladies bathroom when I’m washing my hands and a woman steps out of the cubicle. I’m often more mortified and embarrassed than she is amused, thinking to myself “I fcuking did it again!” :o

When I used go for coffee with a mate of mine who is transgender, I didn’t follow her to the bathroom to make sure she was using the appropriate bathroom for her sex. I figured she’s like most normal people who just want to use the facilities for their intended purposes. Eyeballing kids in bathrooms was never their intended purpose, and one doesn’t have to be transgender to be able to do that much if that’s their intent and what they’re inclined to do. Of course that sort of person should rightly be condemned for their behaviour towards other people. Consideration for other people is an obligation and responsibility we all share as members of what is already a diverse society.

As for my own domestic setup - open door policy, because I’m forever bumping into things like doors and furniture, open spaces are just a lot safer as I have to deal with navigating enough obstacles on a daily basis outside my home, and my child has never questioned it because not only has he grown up with it and it’s familiar to him (the whole privacy in public spaces is unfamiliar to him), but he also understands that it’s appropriate to be considerate of other people in a shared space or environment.

Yet in the same sentence you said Alan being gay is relevant. I'm sorry but you can't do that, you can't say it has no relevance for one story but has for another. It's possible Hitlers sexual side had a lot of influence on what he done.
    Maybe you should read up on him, he's not as far from Alan as you think in how he was treated.
    Of course it is relevant in the Alan Turing story he was chemically castrated because of it!

So your hinting now that Hitler was possibly maybe gay....and that drove him to lead a holocaust?......
    honestly what a load of nonsense, you should be down with Gemma shouting at google with this utter drivel.

gmisk wrote: »
    I am not sure Hitler was gay...

My point is if they are studying the history of an event or a historical figure if the fact they were LGBT plays a role it needs to be mentioned.

He was Gay and LGBT looks like it did play a role in shaping him.

Look all i'm saying is keep sexual preference out of History class, Alan Turing being gay is irrelevant, it's not why he's famous. It's a sad story but irrelevant when it comes to recognizing his achievements.
    If you want to bring in Alan's sex into it you got to bring in Hitlers. It's best keep both there bedroom secrets out of History class.

gmisk wrote: »

So your hinting now that Hitler was possibly maybe gay...

He was, there is no possible about it, he was charged with pederasty.

Look all i'm saying is keep sexual preference out of History class, Alan Turing being gay is irrelevant, it's not why he's famous. It's a sad story but irrelevant when it comes to recognizing his achievements.
    If you want to bring in Alan's sex into it you got to bring in Hitlers. It's best keep both there bedroom secrets out of History class.

except you have no evidence to support that.

why can you not just be honest and admit that the reason you object to this is that you dont want kids to be taught that lgbt people are just normal people like everybody else.

• Advertisement

except no evidence for that actually exists. One guys claims to have seen evidence for it. so it is the word of one guy. you really need to read beyond the first line of a paragraph.

Just because you keep saying Hitler was gay doesnt make it true...even if it is true your saying it played a role in why he led the holocaust...do you honestly not see how bizarre what your saying is?

Alan Turing being gay is entirely relevant.
    As I have already said he was chemically castrated for being gay, despite the massive contribution he made to winning the war and his contribution to mathematics, computer science etc. It is a fact, it is huge part of his story.

Bedroom secrets....:rolleyes:

Then maybe there should more mention of Hitler's sexuality in the history books? If it was a driving factory and a motivation for his political desires, it's relevant, include it. First I've heard of it though

why can you not just be honest and admit that the reason you object to this is that you dont want kids to be taught that lgbt people are just normal people like everybody else.

Go read some history on Hitler...

Who said LGBT people aren't normal. Are Trans the same as biological females, I say no. It's not to say there not every day people, it's some of the laws changing are the issue with the T. Isn't that why this thread exists in the first place.

A quick look around proves that is utter BS, there is no evidence whatsoever.
    There is also no evidence he was gay.

I honestly dont think you even believe the nonsense you post tbh.

Who said LGBT people aren't normal. Are Trans the same as biological females, I say no. It's not to say there not every day people, it's some of the laws changing are the issue with the T. Isn't that why this thread exists in the first place.

I've read plenty thanks. now about that evidence that he was gay. care to share it?

Then maybe there should more mention of Hitler's sexuality in the history books? If it was a driving factory and a motivation for his political desires, it's relevant, include it. First I've heard of it though

There will be if this is the road we go down. I don't see the benefit in it for anyone. That's my whole point.

What if a person thinks that already and therefore is of the opinion that “lessons in LGBT” are as unnecessary as any other ideological perspective they are prejudiced against? Ideas like that are simply far more likely to breed resentment in people and cause their biases and prejudices to be solidified, because now they have what appears to them to be a rational justification for their resentment.

Don’t get me wrong, I get the well-intended idea behind it, and it sounds like a way to address issues of prejudice and bias in theory but in practice and in it’s practical application, it’s simply ineffective, and like I said is more likely to have the opposite of it’s intended effect -

Unconscious Bias Training Perpetuates The Problems America Strives To Fix

What if a person thinks that already and therefore is of the opinion that “lessons in LGBT” are as unnecessary as any other ideological perspective they are prejudiced against? Ideas like that are simply far more likely to breed resentment in people and cause their biases and prejudices to be solidified, because now they have what appears to them to be a rational justification for their resentment.

Don’t get me wrong, I get the well-intended idea behind it, and it sounds like a way to address issues of prejudice and bias in theory but in practice and in it’s practical application, it’s simply ineffective, and like I said is more likely to have the opposite of it’s intended effect -

Unconscious Bias Training Perpetuates The Problems America Strives To Fix

this is about teaching kids. kids do not have built in phobias or ideologies. Kids do not start out with prejudice.

this is about teaching kids. kids do not have built in phobias or ideologies. Kids do not start out with prejudice.

Oh they do, they so do. Having been one myself, I would know :pac:

• Advertisement

Oh they do, they so do. Having been one myself, I would know :pac:

Prejudice is taught. if you were prejudiced you learned it from those around you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

There will be if this is the road we go down. I don't see the benefit in it for anyone..

To learn from it?

There will be if this is the road we go down. I don't see the benefit in it for anyone. That's my whole point.

Is it relevant that women pushed against suffrage. Is it relevant that black people were the driving force behind the civil rights movement. Is it relevant that the stone wall riots began by LGBT people so they could be treated with the same rights as everyone else. Is it relevant that Alan Turing was driven to suicide as a direct result of being persecuted for his sexuality. We've already gone down this road. The benefit is a more inclusive and compassionate society. We are no longer racist and sexist (as much as we can be). Why not continue this trend.

Prejudice is taught. if you were prejudiced you learned it from those around you.

Maybe we have a different understanding of what we mean by prejudice here, but prejudice or biases are the result of a combination of brain development, perception and environment. Prejudices aren’t taught, they are the result of how we perceive ourselves. That’s precisely why there is an understanding of people who are transgender when they say they never felt like their sex, it’s based upon their perceptions of themselves and their environment and the people around them. I didn’t learn to distinguish between my mother and my father, I didn’t have to, it wasn’t something that was taught to me. My brain handled that.

My perception, prejudices and biases also enable me to distinguish between someone who’s what I consider to be an arsehole, and someone who is sound. Their sex, gender or sexual orientation was never a consideration in making that determination. For example it came as news to me as an adult that there was something of a big deal to be made about homosexuality being decriminalised in Ireland in the 90’s, wasn’t even aware it was criminalised in the first place and so it seemed more than a bit odd that something which I was familiar with because I’d grown up surrounded by it, that there was anything criminal about it.

It came as something of a surprise to me too that some people had an issue with Catholics, and they did, I don’t think that was learned either, because I knew enough people who were both gay and Catholic who experienced no discrimination, prejudice, etc. I did learn from that though that some people claim to be oppressed as a consequence of their identity, and that’s not something I was taught either. What you appear to want to do is teach children about concepts like “privilege” and “oppression”, and I don’t see anything positive in that divisive paradigm tbh. It’s the complete opposite of regarding people as just people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Whatever history of Hitler you are reading is non standard.

How did we get onto this anyway. We can support gay marriage and oppose self ID. This thread is about Yaniv.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Only caught up on all of this today. Now I’m dead against all this self ID nonsense and a lot of the Ideas these trans people have but this man wouldn’t be a great representation of them as a whole. He’s clearly seriously seriously mentally ill. The right are jumping all over him, seen some videos of them following him around obviously trying to provoke him. He needs help or he’ll end up dead.

Only caught up on all of this today. Now I’m dead against all this self ID nonsense and a lot of the Ideas these trans people have but this man wouldn’t be a great representation of them as a whole. He’s clearly seriously seriously mentally ill. The right are jumping all over him, seen some videos of them following him around obviously trying to provoke him. He needs help or he’ll end up dead.

I know it makes sense to think that, but I don’t think so. They’re loving the current attention they’re getting, be it positive or negative, no publicity is bad publicity and all that. They’ll be fine when they fade back into obscurity having achieved their minor social media celebrity status.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Apparently Yaniv doxxed Blair white

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

vladmydad wrote: »
    Apparently Yaniv doxxed Blair white

I would've thought Blair White was fairly open about her personal information. How was she doxxed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Achasanai wrote: »
    I would've thought Blair White was fairly open about her personal information. How was she doxxed?

Pretty sure that openness doesn't extend to her address and phone number, which is what yaniv posted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement