Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lady can't have her hairy balls waxed [mod notes/warnings in post #1]

Options
1565758596062»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭begsbyOnaTrain

Glad this lunatic lost the case. Though much like the never ending gay marriage bakery cases, I suspect we'll see him pop up again and again targetting women.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Gynoid wrote: »
    Next thing there will be some kind of gofundme site to cover Yanivs expenses. The amount of morons invested in propping up this shyte is not to be under-estimated.

There's a gofundme up to $12k to help the women that lost their business because of Yaniv.
    All is right with the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

great result for genuine transgender people

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/breaking-the-lawyer-who-took-down-jessica-yaniv-explains-the-case/
    The Tribunal ruling revealed that Yaniv had also used fake Facebook profiles and profile images to solicit services from the women in an attempt to present as either a biological female, or significantly more feminine and far along transition than Yaniv in fact was.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

great result for genuine transgender people

How so? Are you reading it as they can have their balls waxed as long as the intent like Yaniv isn't there, full disclosure I'm not trans but something was telling me Yaniv should have won if trans rights are the same as a woman's. I'm seeing it as a loss to the trans lobby no matter how much they disliked Yaniv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

How so? Are you reading it as they can have their balls waxed as long as the intent like Yaniv isn't there, full disclosure I'm not trans but something was telling me Yaniv should have won if trans rights are the same as a woman's. I'm seeing it as a loss to the trans lobby no matter how much they disliked Yaniv.

Trans women don't and shouldn't have the same rights as women.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

you need to look at the reasons the judge gave for their decisions. Simply put the waxers in questions did not wax testicles. that was not a service they offered. So by refusing to offer that service they could not be discriminating. You cannot be discriminating if you dont offer the service at all. if yaniv had asked for their arms or legs to be waxed they would have done it.To sum up, they did not provide the service to them because yaniv is transgender, they did not provide the service to yaniv because they do not provide that service to anybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

you need to look at the reasons the judge gave for their decisions. Simply put the waxers in questions did not wax testicles. that was not a service they offered. So by refusing to offer that service they could not be discriminating. You cannot be discriminating if you dont offer the service at all. if yaniv had asked for their arms or legs to be waxed they would have done it.To sum up, they did not provide the service to them because yaniv is transgender, they did not provide the service to yaniv because they do not provide that service to anybody.

You need to read the judgement on the two ladies who wouldn't wax his arms or legs. To sum up, you haven't a clue what you are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Dante7 wrote: »
    You need to read the judgement on the two ladies who wouldn't wax his arms or legs. To sum up, you haven't a clue what you are talking about.

fair enough i missed the one mention of arm and leg waxing in the judgement. The rest of my point still stands. Yaniv was not discriminated against. I'm surprised you disagree with that.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,625 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK - a decision has been reached. You've had some time to discuss. However given the warning in the OP is being blatantly ignored and to avoid kicking up another sh!tstorm on the issue, I'm closing the thread

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement