Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FaceFarce issue.

• 21-07-2019 10:04am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

After many years I have had to rejoin FaceFarce again. I am moving to Myanmar and I have been advised that over there it more or less is the Internet. So it is the major source of information exchange. So while not an absolute necessity it would make things awkward to not be on it.

One thing I am doing is looking at Rental Properties and have joined the groups where they are listed.

The problem I am having is that when I try to look at the attached photo's they do not load. The image clicked on will show but with a circular loading symbol but they never complete.

485805.png

I have tried using Firefox and Chrome but it is the same.

The images load when looking on my iPhone.

How do I fix this?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Weird.

Do you have an adblocker or anti-virus app installed? Is it the same if you try logging in using private/incognito mode? Is your iPhone on the same wifi network?

Could also just be a Facebook problem that affects the desktop version of the site.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Thanks for the reply.

I do have an Ad Blocker but have tried with it turned off.

Private/Incognito mode?

Yes iPhone is on same WiFi

I have found a Work Around by opening the images in a new browser tab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

What's FaceFarce? Some old outdated social media platform? Pre Bebo maybe? I've never heard of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Effects wrote: »
    What's FaceFarce? Some old outdated social media platform? Pre Bebo maybe? I've never heard of it.

It is what I call the dominant platform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Why don't you just say Facebook. Are you going to spontaneously combust if you say it or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

CabanSail wrote: »
    It is what I call the dominant platform.

Why not just called it Instagram?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

CabanSail wrote: »
    Private/Incognito mode?

Private browsing window. CMD+SHIFT-N in Safari.

Advertisement