Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High PAYE tax

Options
  • 21-07-2019 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Been doing a Tus work placement since last year and since april theyve put me on the payroll and I've been doing 2/3 days work for the same employer. My last job was 2013 so I'm guessing that's why I was getting taxed so high at the beginning so i was told to make an account on revenue.ie as i was told this would sort it. but its now July and I'm still getting high PAYE tax (this week it was 223 gross pay and 107 total deduction). Not sure who I'd call to get this sorted or do I just have to wait another while?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

BurnUp78 wrote: »
    Been doing a Tus work placement since last year and since april theyve put me on the payroll and I've been doing 2/3 days work for the same employer. My last job was 2013 so I'm guessing that's why I was getting taxed so high at the beginning so i was told to make an account on revenue.ie as i was told this would sort it. but its now July and I'm still getting high PAYE tax (this week it was 223 gross pay and 107 total deduction). Not sure who I'd call to get this sorted or do I just have to wait another while?

Since the 1st of January you are required to make an account on Revenue.ie and enter the details of your job and any claims for tax credits. Until you do you will be taxed at 40% + a higher rate of USC and the normal rate of PRSI.

Go onto the revenue website, click my account, and follow the steps it's easy. You might need to wait for them to post you a password if it's your first time using the site.

If you already have an account on "my account" then go into your current year and click add job if it isn't added already. Should fix it immediately. You might need your employer's "employer number".

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭BurnUp78

GarIT wrote: »
    Since the 1st of January you are required to make an account on Revenue.ie and enter the details of your job and any claims for tax credits. Until you do you will be taxed at 40% + a higher rate of USC and the normal rate of PRSI.

Go onto the revenue website, click my account, and follow the steps it's easy. You might need to wait for them to post you a password if it's your first time using the site.
    Yeah I made the account and they posted me out the password so I figured that it would be sorted but seems I'm still getting taxed at 40%

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

BurnUp78 wrote: »
    Yeah I made the account and they posted me out the password so I figured that it would be sorted but seems I'm still getting taxed at 40%

I edited my post with a bit more info. You need to add the job to your account if you haven't already.

Advertisement