Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie 2019 Draft Game 2 - IncognitoMan v Dozyart

• 21-07-2019 11:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,636 ✭✭✭

This is the thread for IncognitoMan v Dozyart

If you want to use a site to set you side out these are good:

https://this11.com/#!/editor/

https://www.buildlineup.com/

Each poster can go as in detail as you wish in your write ups incuding set up for your own side. Once the two posters have set out their teams they are allowed one post each to explain their gameplan against their opposition (exposing the other teams weakness or to draw attention to a player they think doesn't work in the other team etc).

After both teams are set up and opposition posts are made, then we open the poll and voting takes place for 24 hours (I might need a mod help to open a poll on a thread that has already been started I'm not sure?)

If one team does not set put their side/tactics inside a 24hr period they will automatically forfeit the tie.

Each poster who votes must give some kind of reason in the thread as to why they voted one way or another to have their vote in the poll counted. This is in the interest of fairness and to discourage voting because you like/dislike a certain poster and to encourage voting for a set of players/ tactical approach instead.

Who wins? 31 votes

IncognitoMan
    51% 16 votes
    Doyzart
    48% 15 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,636 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

So my team will set up in an inital state as following

7NFsU17.png

It will be largly split into two sections the attacking section and the defensive/support section.

The front three in Fowler, Hasselbaink and Ozil will make up the attacking section and will stay up the pitch when in defensive shape to occupy opposition center backs and defensive midfielder. This will offer my defensive/support section very clear out balls when they win the ball back for quick counter attack football with Hasselbaink being particularly good at winning the ball.

The defensive/support side will offer support to the front 3 when on the attack from two excellent full backs who can get up and down the pitch and two world class box to box midfielders.

Only one full back will fully commit themseves up the pitch at a time so the back line doesn't become stretched leaving balls in behind Terry and Adams.

Matic will also drop a little deeper in this phase to mantain a solid structure.

Ince/Ballack will be allowed get forward on the opposite side to the advancing full back to offer a late run into the box/ pick up an over hit cross/ pass.

Example below when Cole goes forward. Matic drops, Ballack holds his position to offer a triangle passing option with Ozil and Cole. Ince pulls slightly wide. Kelly offers support but doesn't over commit up the flank.

Same idea when Kelly goes but flipped.

a5ZawsH.png

In the attacking phase it will fall on Ozil to nit the play together from behind the main strikers with help coming from the box to box players and the full back who has over lapped to offer width.

This is what Ozil excels at. On his game there is nobody better to pull the strings in this position. Tight integral passing to open space, gaps and ultimately create chances.

Skip to 34 sec to skip the intro

Now imagine Ozil laying those passes into Cole and Kelly on the overlap instead of Monreal and Bellerin or linking up with Fowler and Hasselbaink instead of Giroud.

Fowler and Hasselbaink being two of the most clinical finishers in the league in their peaks so should eat up the chances created.

The main strength of my side is the defense. Two center backs who have lead their respective clubs to league titles as captain and two pillars of some of the most famously mean defenses in the history of the league. The Arsenal 90s defense and the Chelsea mid 00s defense.

The best left back the league has seen and one of the most consistant long term term right backs.

Protected by the big serbe Matic who was key to Jose's most recent title winning team.

I think I've probaly got close to if not the best defense in the draft and that solid base is excatly what my front 3 need to be able to work their magic.

So that's my side. Hopefully it's clear why I needed the types of players I went for now to work this system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

My team at kick off will look like this :

abRZpd9ao0.png

I want my team playing counter attacking football,going forward the shape will look like this :

abRZqogaos.png

Riise and Silva were well known for getting forward and will provide the width in the team,Barry will be a holding midfielder with instructions to not move forward at all,which will give De Bruyne and Okocha the freedom to work their magic in getting the ball to Cantona and Van Persie!

Defensively it will look like this :

abRZqXIagQ.png

I feel my defense will be hard to break down,the 3 at the back at all times with Barry covering will make life hard for anyone,theres enough height and pace to make life difficult for attackers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No poll?

RasTa wrote: »
    No poll?

Thought I could add a poll after the opening posts where made to stop early voting. I'll have to see can a mod add it now as I can't seem to add one in after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Can we have hidden poll during voting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Inconigto man has this for me, great strength through the middle and Cole adds so much out wide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Does a poll not get added when you both do follow up posts.

Or can we just go for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Poll surely should wait until after the pair have pointed out the weaknesses they see in their opponents?

+1 for a hidden poll.

Results will be shown when 24 hours are over.

Ok so my observations about Dozyart's side.

Up front Cantona and RVP are pure class can't really argue too much there. Likewise in goal VDS is an all time great no doubt about it.

But I do think the side lacks enough true center midfielders to control the flow of a game. Okocha and De Bruyne are more attacking midfielders than center midfielders.

It works for De Bruyne at City because they use 2 wingers to spread the pitch and then their full backs come more central to offer support to Fernandinho.

Barry does't really have that support in this team and isn't great at covering a lot of ground quickly on his own. So for that reason I think his side would be totally overrun in the midfield area by Ballack, Ince and Matic with Ozil just ahead.

I think Dozyart would have been much better off had he selected another DM/CM to sit in the middle of the park over O'Shea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Some interesting ideas from both teams but I think with both teams looking to play through the middle that IncognitoMan has it with his grouping of midfielders all being top class at their peak. I don't see Riise and Rafael being creative enough as the sole wide threats. I think it would work very well in defense and there is enough in RVP, KDB and Cantona to warrant a goal or 2. I just can't see anything other than it being a midfield battle which as I said IM probably wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

IncognitoMan for me. Going to be hard to break down that defence and the midfield is solid. A Jose style 1 or 2-0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Haven't read the previous posts, trying to come into this unswayed by previous opinions.

Ingognito Man has the stronger team and better balance imo.

While RVP and Cantona is better than Fowler and Hasselbaink, and KDB is top class and offers a creative threat that maybe can't be matched, there's too many players in defence that I just wouldn't deem World Class which is the standard you have to set these teams to. I do think there's a significant gulf in class in the two defences.

Ingognito Man has a really superb defence and a better overall balance.

I'm not mad on Okacha as while he was amazing on his day and very entertaining to watch, I don't think he really achieved anything truly exceptional in his career and is perhaps a bit of a luxury player.

So I'd give this to I.M.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Whilst I fancy Dozyarts CBs to be able to deal with crosses for the front 2 and think that cantona and van persie would be good for a goal I just cannot look past Incognitos midfield for this one.

I just don’t see how Barry, de Bruyne and okocha would be able to get a foothold in the game. When attacking if Ozil got taken up by Barry then that would leave so much space for once and ballack to boss the game. If not then Ozil would have a field day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

When IM posted his team my initial thoughts were that I really liked his defence and his attack but wasn't mad on his midfield. I thought he would be vulnerable to a team with width that would pin his full backs in.

However D's team doesn't set up to exploit this at all and actually it is IM midfield that would get a stranglehold and control this game.

A solid 2-0 win for IM from me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Sorry to bust in, but do you need to be apart of the draft to have a vote

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

IM for me aswell. Don't think their are enough goals in dozyarts team. I also feel Rafael and riise arent good enough or creative enough as the wingbacks. A better balance to IMs team and Id have it as a comfortable enough win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

With everything likely coming through the center for dozyarts team I feel Cantona & Rvp would occupy the same space a lot of time which isn't going to be good

I don't know how Ozil would get on as a 10 with no wingers though he works best with pacey wingers imo but IM would still have enough for the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Its a game of scoring goals, dozy has 1 of the best front line i seen, although his midfield doesnt compare to IM, his defence shouldnt be taken lightly, especially with his 3 at the back.
    Rise and silva very capable going forward. It would be tough as hell but id go with dozy, cantona and van persie would light the place up when given a chance.
    Also dozy has the better keeper in VDS compared to Martyn

*not sure i count as a vote, as i dont know if you have to be in the draft to vote.*

*if you do have to be in the draft to vote the poll might be misleading in the end as anyone can come in and cast a vote, just a fyi*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

You don't need to be involved to vote.

• Advertisement

You are grand AidoEirE. Anyone can vote we only asked that they explain their reasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Both teams look very strong defensively. And while both have strong attackers up top, I get the sense this would be a match where the defences come out on top.

What would sway me towards IncognitoMan is he seems to have the edge in terms of the midfield balance, and so I think there would be more chances for his team. I'd lean towards IncognitoMan winning it 1-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Morte

I vote for Incognitoman.

It was an interesting one for me. Incognito has an incredibly narrow team with no real dribbler up front. Reminds me of Ivory Coast 2006 in that they'd be trying to pass through the middle all game. It is a very good team though.

I think Dozyart's team is very well set up to counter. A back three is an awful scenario for such a narrow team. I just feel that there's too many weak links in the team and the quality of Incognito will tell. Okocha is a luxury player. Great fun but there's much better around. O' Shea and Rafael are poor. I love Rafael but he never really put it all together and could be awful at times. Pallister was poor value where he went and while good he was a mid round pick who was worse than players who didn't make the draft.

It's interesting to me looking at the value in Incognito's team. I do like all the players but I'd have picked some of them differently. I prefer Adams and Hasselbaink to Terry and Fowler but they went a few rounds earlier. In fairness, it's a coin flip between them and I wonder did he feel it impossible to ignore them when they fell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Incognito man for me here, the balance of his side from front to back is immense and I cant see him giving up much of the ball. His defence will be well able to handle Dozyarts attacking play. I feel the midfield will be key in this one and I think Dozy is lacking there with his set up. While playing with wing backs to create the width, I dont think they will provide much into the box with Terry and Adam's in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Incognito man for me. He has an all round balanced team that all work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Incognito Man for me as well. Will overrun them in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,498 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Some thoughts:

Not sure about the Fowler and Hasslebaink partnership at all.

If I had Ballack and Ince I would not have picked Matic, they did not need the cover in that way. In a team crying out for some width you have an extra body in midfield and 2 up front, I have my doubts about how that attack will all function.

Terry and Adams, their pace would concern me. They would be great defending crosses into the box but how many of those are there going to be in this match? They were both great defenders of course, but Terry in particular always had a Gallas or Carvalho beside him for good reason, I think Van Persie and Cantona will happily drag him out of position.

On the other side, I don't think Okocha, Van Persie and Cantona are good pairings, if Cantona is dropping off he will step on Okochas toes, if he pushes up top he will step on Van Persies, I would have picked any 2 from 3 plus one other but not all 3 together.

I just don't like the back 5, I simply don't. The full backs are middle of the road and O'Shea was a poor pick at that stage. Did Pallister ever once play in a back 3?

I think Incognitoman will take the win as a strong balanced team that will shut down an opposition that probably would take time to find its rhythm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

I'll put it this way. If it had to watch both teams against a smaller club I'd watch Dozyart's team everyday of the week, you know it would produce some incredible bits of play and some great goals. But I have to say in a cold hard battle I have to give IncognitoMan the edge. It's primarily the midfield for me, it's very physical and hard working without being short of technical prowess. Cantona and RvP are certainly a better front 2 than Fowler and JFH but then you've got Adams and Terry and for me there can't possibly be a better centre back partnership in this whole draft.

i just can't see past IncognitoMan's balance. he wouldn't give away much of the ball to Doyzart, and when he does, there just isn't enough pace to be clinical.

IM by a goal or 2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Duzyart for me here. Better balanced front two and de bruyne behind them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

IM for me here. I think his midfield completely over powers Doyzarts. I also really like the balance of his team and think that midfield will let Ozil create chances which he is undoubtedly great at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Incognito for me. That CB pairing will be very difficult to break down, and two quality strikers that you cannot switch off against.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

for some reason my previous post seems to have not saved. Incognito for me, better defence and balance for me. I do like RVP and Cantona but not sure they'd work well together and dont think the back 5 would work together. Wouldn't rate Riise or Rafael defensively that highly either.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Voting for IM.

Overall, I think his team is way more solid than Dozy's, which has one or two weaknesses. As much as I love the United flavour of the back line, realistically I just think that Cantona/RVP would have a harder time breaking down Cole/Terry/Adams/Kelly than I do thinking Fowler/Hasslebank could get past a back four with O'Shea and Rafael involved.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Doyzart for me. I really don't like the idea of Adams and Terry against the creativity of Okocha, De Bruyne and Cantona and finishing of RvP.

Whilst I don't like the look of the five at the back Riise and da Silva (I don't see how Fowler and Hasselbaink threaten them or worry them), I'd prefer them pushing forward and the counter attacking formation look very dangerous and much more dangerous out wide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Incognito Man for me. His team has its weaknesses in playing a diamond but Dozyarts team is weak out wide which would play into IMs hands. I think Dozyart had a couple of dodgy picks and the formation is risky as well, you really need fantastic wing backs in order to play with that formation and neither of his could be considered truly great wing backs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

Cantona and RVP is an amazing combo up top, maybe a slight lack of pace but two exceptional centre forwards, looking at both teams I'd plump for IM though. Slightly better all around make up and I'd worry about Dozyarts back 5 tbh. Not a huge amount in it but IMs team is better balanced IMO

Advertisement