Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

70 odd posts left on the old one, threads being thrown about like it's 2006.
    The boom is back baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

The Gareth Bale edition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Duane Dibbley

Out Out Out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Greenwood will be on 10 goals for the season by the end of this thread........... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

We might have signed another player by time this thread finishes....

• Advertisement

We might have signed another player by time this thread finishes....

No chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

De Ligt concedes after 30 seconds :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

With Madrid pretty much pushing Bale out the door, surely he'll be got for a song?
    Reasonable price and wages, would he be worth a gamble?

With Madrid pretty much pushing Bale out the door, surely he'll be got for a song?
    Reasonable price and wages, would he be worth a gamble?

He aint reasonable wages that's the biggest problem. If he wasn't earning so much he wouldn't want to stay somewhere he wasn't wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If it’s Bale or nothing I’d take him to be honest, we don’t seem to be going after any attackers which is another massive mistake.

A half fit Bale scores more than everyone in our squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Well what definitely goes in Bales favour is his proven pl success and having lived there before. That's always a massive positive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Would it surprise anyone if the reason Fernandes and no centre back were signed was because Woodward was focusing everything on trying to sign Bale who if we did get I feel might be like Sanchez

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Would it surprise anyone if the reason Fernandes and no centre back were signed was because Woodward was focusing everything on trying to sign Bale who if we did get I feel might be like Sanchez

They trying to shove him out the door I don't think they is much focus needed.

jayo26 wrote: »
    They trying to shove him out the door I don't think they is much focus needed.

But its Woodward so expect overpaying and silly wages

Ninthlife wrote: »
    But its Woodward so expect overpaying and silly wages

If that was case we would have maguire in the bag already.

If that was case we would have maguire in the bag already.

That makes too much sense as we need a centre back

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

I really hope those Pepe rumours are true. Hes exactly what we need I'd take him over Bale any day of the week . In fact if Pogba is staying Pepe would be a better signing than fernandes. Get lukaku out. Pepe in McGuire in and if we manage to hold onto Pogba and De Gea 1 or 2 defensive midfielders should be targeted instead of Fernandes. Fernandes only make a sense if pogba leaves . But if pogba stays it makes more sense to target more defensive midfielders. We are going to regret not getting Tanguy Ndombele

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

Last post of the previous thread is questioning the ridiculous bds being made I think it is an effort by clubs to try and reset the market.
    Especially when you look at james for 40m and bale for potentially 60m

• Adamcp898 wrote: »
    The Gareth Bale edition

No thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

No thanks!

I don’t want Bale and wouldn’t be happy if he was signed.

But Can you imagine 3 years ago being told there might be a united team with Sanchez, Pogba and Bale? Crazy how perceptions can change!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

No thanks!

You never know what the tide will bring, Wilson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭larchielads

We should be signing the other harry, he got some goal today!!!

McGuire signed a week ago and still hasnt shown up is poor form :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

xtal191 wrote: »
    Reliable?

Apparently doesn’t just tweet our random stuff, slinging mud at a wall to see what sticks, but also isn’t a top tier guy like Stone or Ornstein.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Apparently doesn’t just tweet our random stuff, slinging mud at a wall to see what sticks, but also isn’t a top tier guy like Stone or Ornstein.

You said that last week about the redit dude tesco.

It's Sunday people are fighting for clicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I think we trust Rasta on this one lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Have Bleacher Report ever broken a story?

They're not even journalists are they? Just bloggers?

Guys, I'm sure he doesn't hold the job title of "Football Insider" for nothing. His banner is even a photo of him interviewing Frank Leboeuf.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You said that last week about the redit dude tesco.

It's Sunday people are fighting for clicks.

Oh, I’m not saying this guy is legit or anything. On,y forwarding on the thoughts on him from Reddit threads.

The SimonX thing from last week though, I don’t know. He’s been super reliable up till now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

2 day before Perez signed for Leicester he tweeted this.

https://twitter.com/DeanJonesBR/status/1146140687471169541?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Oh, I’m not saying this guy is legit or anything. On,y forwarding on the thoughts on him from Reddit threads.

The SimonX thing from last week though, I don’t know. He’s been super reliable up till now.

Simon had a great run but hes done now.

Looks like it all started from this supposed Leicster ITK

https://twitter.com/seanfromenderby/status/1152915061989675008

• Advertisement

If he does sign for us I can see “Slabhead” being heavily mentioned in next year’s feedback thread.......

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    If he does sign for us I can see “Slabhead” being heavily mentioned in next year’s PR EXCERCISE thread.......

F.Y.P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Replacing Lukaku with Pepe makes far too much sense, the right side of the team will finally be useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Replacing Lukaku with Pepe makes far too much sense, the right side of the team will finally be useful.

That's utd's down faill right there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

• Advertisement

Strumms wrote: »

I think the comment from Zidane saying "I hope he is gone soon" pretty much nailed that on a couple days ago :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

I think the comment from Zidane saying "I hope he is gone soon" pretty much nailed that on a couple days ago :p

Mad comment from a manager imo. If some1 was to say that in the pl, they'd be hounded.
    Either zidane just doesnt like him or bale is taking the piss over there.

The fans hate him, real fans the worst in the world, maybe zidane trying to get rid to get the fans back on side.

Maybe zidane see's 600k a week as wasted money although i dobt see why it would bother him as they have massive amounts of money. Biggest club the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m just shocked by the candor and the not so much respect towards a player at a club of the stature of Madrid from the manager really. You didn’t hear Ole come out with... “well he’s been quite average, lacks the physicality of a premier league midfielder and his missus is a head wrecker” when we sent Herrera on his way...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

It's a sad day for football when Harry Maguire is worth 80 million

Strumms wrote: »
    I’m just shocked by the candor and the not so much respect towards a player at a club of the stature of Madrid from the manager really. You didn’t hear Ole come out with... “well he’s been quite average, lacks the physicality of a premier league midfielder and his missus is a head wrecker” when we sent Herrera on his way...

I honestly think the fans have a massive say on what goes on there. Zidane will get rid, to be honest Bale has never been a fan favourite when he went there and with the cash they spent on him with his wages, they turned pretty quickly.
    I work with a 3 die hard spanish lads that are from madrid and they never have a good thing to say about bale.
    Which to be fair to bale, he was behind from the get go so i get why he has pride about him not to move.

His wages are a big factor, but thats what madrid offered so they shot themselves in the foot, up to bale now if he wants a move to take a reduction in pay and play for a club that could appeal to his footballing hunger if its there

Or he can go to china, add on to his already massive fortune and be a forgotten man.
    I honestly hope he doesnt do that and stays in europe

Dont care to be honest, he'll improve beside lindelof, with bassaka and shaw as well.

Could actually be a serious back line. I dont agree with the 80 million but by god we need a new cb so **** it, bring on mcguire.

Its a happy day for united fans when Jones and smalling ain't automatically in the first 11 and it only cost 80 million to ensure that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Jones and Bailly were a great CB partnership a couple of years ago for over half a season. I think the personnel hasn't been the problem there the last year or so, rather the system and the level of protection they have gotten. Jones had some great moments there against Inter, issue being everyone is ready to pounce these days on every little mistake. Every CB makes mistakes, it's how they bounce back that matters and Jones at least doesn't shy away and go into a shell when there's a mistake been made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Liam O wrote: »
    Jones and Bailly were a great CB partnership a couple of years ago for over half a season. I think the personnel hasn't been the problem there the last year or so, rather the system and the level of protection they have gotten. Jones had some great moments there against Inter, issue being everyone is ready to pounce these days on every little mistake. Every CB makes mistakes, it's how they bounce back that matters and Jones at least doesn't shy away and go into a shell when there's a mistake been made.

The problem is Jones has always had good periods but consistency has never been there same for Bailly!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement