Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Any word on James if he's injured or not?

Yet again he came in for some very rough treatment yesterday. I’m surprised the ref didn’t book him again for simulation for getting kicked so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

kerplun k wrote: »
    Speaking of bogey fixtures. I watched MoTD this morning and seen the Wolves rolled over and let Chelsea tickle their soft furry bellies.

when they play us they’re like a pack of rabid animals.

Typical alright. West Ham love to play out of their skins against us too. Lest we mention the last day of season in 1995.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

nullzero wrote: »
    Typical alright. West Ham love to play out of their skins against us too. Lest we mention the last day of season in 1995.

And 92, Beating us 1-0. They were as good as relegated and only won 9 out of 42 league games all season, one of them against United! but that put one of the nails in our title coffin and the Liverpool game next finished us off!

Drumpot wrote: »
    And 92, Beating us 1-0. They were as good as relegated and only won 9 out of 42 league games all season, one of them against United! but that put one of the nails in our title coffin and the Liverpool game next finished us off!

Last ever game played at Upton Park comes to mind as well. What a horrible game that was as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Rashford just isn’t a striker is he? Doesn’t seem to have the natural instinct and is rarely where you want him to be when the ball is going into the box, 1 in 5 from play doesn’t bode well at all.

Hopefully he starts to grow into it but it would be no surprise to see a striker on our transfer list next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I see social media was slagging Sanchez after last night, didn't watch it but I'm guessing he is having a poor start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Hococop wrote: »
    I see social media was slagging Sanchez after last night, didn't watch it but I'm guessing he is having a poor start?

Sanchez wasn't in the squad?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Sanchez wasn't in the squad?

Obviously he is with inter just wondering if he made a turnaround

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

He only played about 15 mins including injury time. He missed a free header, put it miles over

• Advertisement

Jaysus I actually forgot his transfer..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I heard he had an impressive start and was unlucky not to get on the score sheet.

Go on Cleverly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Arsenal and us are going to be kindred spirits this season, going to be fighting for 4th and both crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Everyone but Liverpool look a bit flaky this season.

Good to see Arsenal still have a soft belly to them. Very lucky to come away with a point in the end which is ludicrous given how comfortable they were at half time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

We're staying in the top 4.....for another 24 hours at least.

Watford will be disappointed not to win that one in the end, they were superb in 2nd half.
    31 shots!!
    Arsenal's defence is still quite vulnerable.

A lot of clubs showing indifferent form in the first month of the season. Third & fourth might not be as cut and dried as it seemed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Zeek12 wrote: »
    We're staying in the top 4.....for another 24 hours at least.

giphy.gif

How good is it that Phil Jones isn't even making the bench?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1178462/Romelu-Lukaku-racism-Luciano-Passirani-pundit-Inter-Milan-Italy-TV

Luciano Passirani has been banned from TopCalcio24 after making a racial comment about Romelu Lukaku live on TV.

“He's one of the strongest and I like him a lot because he's one of the strongest, he's at least twice as strong as (Duvan) Zapata from Atalanta.These players have something more than the others, these are the guys who make the goals and drag the team.

“If they go one-on-one with you you're dead, you fall to the ground. You're alright if you have ten bananas to give him to eat, otherwise…”

Passirani did apologise on air afterwards though director of the station Fabio Ravezzani clarified that the pundit would not be allowed on the network ever again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    How good is it that Phil Jones isn't even making the bench?

Except for last Saturday when he was on the bench.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

I'd be happy to see Jones and Tuanzabe as the starting CB's on Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Really hope Gomes gets some time. I think he has great potential, and the more he doesn't play the more likely it is he decides to leave in the summer on a free. I think he is a much better player than Chong (not a winger though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

Would like us to go all out on the Youth/Backup for the Europa...

Romero

-RB-, Jones, Tuanzabe, Rojo

Fred, Garner

Chong, Gomes, -LW-

Greenwood

Right back will probably have to be AWB because we have no cover, but could do with a break if his back isn't 100%. Probably go with Lingard as the third forward, maybe Mata for that bit of experience. Dan James does a lot of running so would be good to give him a break here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Had completely forgotten Thursday ball was back this week.

Yaaay.

:(

• Ibra scoring for fun again for Galaxy

Miss that man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Super news, still the best goalkeeper in the world IMO

Even if he's having a bit of a bad time of it of late

Form is temp, class is permanent

Solid back 5 now!

Adding 2 CMs, RW, and Striker will have us looking very good.

Excellent news. He's had a rough enough 18 months so hopefully that particular distraction being finalised will translate into an up turn in his performances. The fact he now has a fairly competent defence in front of him should help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Great news for United alright.

Great news for DDG with his new £750,000 a week contract plus bonuses! :pac:

• Advertisement

• ^

tenor.gif

FitzShane wrote: »
    Great news for United alright.

Great news for DDG with his new £750,000 a week contract plus bonuses! :pac:

not.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Caegan

That's great news, hopefully now with the contract settled he can focus on getting back to his best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

That's the best bit of business utd have done since Zlatan, with AWB a close second.

Even with the dip in form, he's still up there with the best of them.

Great news. I have no problem with players earning high salaries if they earn it, and DDG has certainly earned it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Hopefully form will improve now hes signed. Has been an indifferent year from him. Hoping this will put an end to it

Looking at some underlying stats from the first 5 games paints a pretty good picture. A expected we're lagging behind in terms of 'big' chances created but some of our rivals are struggling even more than us.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Looking at some underlying stats from the first 5 games paints a pretty good picture. A expected we're lagging behind in terms of 'big' chances created but some of our rivals are struggling even more than us.

Crazy to think if Pogba or Rashford had buried their penalties, if we could have won one of the matches we drew, we’d be in second, above City....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Ibra scoring for fun again for Galaxy

Miss that man

"Lions don't recover like humans" :pac:

Such a huge character and a gifted player.
    We messed up letting him leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Biggest mistake we made since Fergie left was letting him go. We had bit of bite when he was on the field

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Serious amount of tickets around for Thursday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Loved Zlatan and he was a great influence in the dressing room but he was done in the PL after that knee injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭54and56

Super news, still the best goalkeeper in the world IMO

Even if he's having a bit of a bad time of it of late

Form is temp, class is permanent

Alexis Sanchez says hello.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Loved Zlatan and he was a great influence in the dressing room but he was done in the PL after that knee injury.

Hmmm I'm not sure. I see where you're coming from and people would agree with you too but I think he was still able come back and be big part of United team.

We never know I guess. Was our best signing since Fergie left and no one comes close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Have watched a few Galaxy matches this season. He would still be a better goal scorer now than anyone at the club. Would love a loan deal when MLS finishes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

The Nal wrote: »
    Have watched a few Galaxy matches this season. He would still be a better goal scorer now than anyone at the club. Would love a loan deal when MLS finishes.

He is out of contract when mls finishes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

jayo26 wrote: »
    He is out of contract when mls finishes.

Sad state of affairs hoping for a 38 year old to save the season but thats where we are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Sad state of affairs hoping for a 38 year old to save the season but thats where we are.

Whatever about his current ability, it'd be nice to have a likeable player with a bit of personality at the club.

There's so very few of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Depends on how you would do it to be honest. If you were bringing him back for his mentality and experience to pass on knowledge to the younger players and come off the bench and play a few games he would be excellent.

If you're u were bringing him back to depend on every game then its a backward step.

I thought nk Zlatan around any dressing room like ourselfs or Chelsea would be awesome for the kids imagine the awe players liek greenwood and gomes would have training beside him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Sheringham did a good job in 99

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement