Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

Peatys wrote: »
    They're enjoyable every week. You don't have to put up with misery.

Do you mean Napoli, Valencia or Salzburg?
    I don't get the time to watch many non PL matches so wonder which do you mean we should watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Peatys wrote: »
    They're enjoyable every week. You don't have to put up with misery.

Not tonight they weren’t.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Aww bless the obsession continues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Obviously happy with the Maguire signing but Koulibaly could have had the same impact you'd imagine if signed.

Himself and Manolas (new signing) conceded 8 goals in first 2 games and I was afraid Liverpool would have had a field day but exact opposite.

He's a beast, ultimately too good for Napoli IMO. 'Only' 28 but his age and value will probably turn a lot of teams off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Dcully wrote: »

Says the Liverpool fan in the United thread.

• Advertisement

Obviously happy with the Maguire signing but Koulibaly could have had the same impact you'd imagine if signed.

Himself and Manolas (new signing) conceded 8 goals in first 2 games and I was afraid Liverpool would have had a field day but exact opposite.

He's a beast, ultimately too good for Napoli IMO. 'Only' 28 but his age and value will probably turn a lot of teams off

Napoli wanted near twice the price of Maguire for him. So... no chance United were signing him.

To be fair they were both excellent, apart from Salah skinning Koulibaly twice in the first half thats the best ive seen any defence deal with our attack.
    It will be different in Anfield though :)

Says the Liverpool fan in the United thread.

So im obsessed because i read other teams threads? LOL
    Funny how im reading about Liverpool in "the United thread"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

There really isn't anything more off-putting and cringing that Man Utd and Liverpool fans throwing the "obsessed" lines at each other for cheap points. Irish Man Utd and Liverpool fans aswell.

Its called a "rivalry". Its ok to keep tabs on the other team FFS.

Ah its a bit of craic is all man :)

• Advertisement

Ah its a bit of craic is all man :)

It makes threads go to pot to be honest, understand you might dip in dip out to have a read but it is cringey when fans from either sides are looking to rile someone up.

Spoils threads.

So im obsessed because i read other teams threads? LOL
    Funny how im reading about Liverpool in "the United thread"

Hmmm, the post you responded to didn't mention Liverpool, did it?

You come into the United thread, apparently showing interest = not obsessed.
    United fans maybe talking about Liverpool = obsessed.

Nice little double standard you have there.

LOL relax man you take it way too serious.

To answer your question i didnt respond to any post in particular i just read a few having a laugh at Liverpool and it just seemed like obsessive nature to me so i posted as such yet im the obsessed one?

Either way i take the points made by other posters since, it was meant as a bit of craic my end, guess ill take my sense of humour elsewhere :)

You definitely seem triggered though :)

• Really nice news today, Max Taylor is back in the U23 squad after his battle with Cancer

• Dcully wrote: »

To answer your question i didnt respond to any post in particular i just read a few having a laugh at Liverpool and it just seemed like obsessive nature to me so i posted as such yet im the obsessed one?

Either way i take the points made by other posters since, it was meant as a bit of craic my end, guess ill take my sense of humour elsewhere :)

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Awwww that's a sad story

You lads are gas :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Yes some fans, of both clubs, discuss the happenings of the others when their own team isnt playing, is that so wrong that it needs to be an obsession, are we not all football fans, I'm certain posters here, and likewise on all other threads, dont just watch their own teams.

Tbf, as a moderator on the site you really should know better, especially with the "don't be a dick"rule. now that's not me back seat moderating, just an observation on your posting history in the United thread.

As for the last line, you need to find some originality;)

My posting history in here is practically zero so i dont know what your talking about here tbh, only times ive ever posted in here was to congratulate when yas won something, granted this time it was possibly a poor decision but i see it as a bit of craic just like i would if someone came to Liverpool thread to say the same or any other thread infact.

You lads are gas :D

Glad we cheered you up. #emotional

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Isn't that cross thread posting crap banned?

My posting history in here is practically zero so i dont know what your talking about here tbh, only times ive ever posted in here was to congratulate when yas won something, granted this time it was possibly a poor decision but i see it as a bit of craic just like i would if someone came to Liverpool thread to say the same or any other thread infact.

I'm sure you're smarter than that. You knew what you were trying to do. It's posts and posters like this that give the United/Liverpool/Football fans in general the bad reputation. It works for both sides.

I'm all for banter/having the craic but things like this is just pure cringe tbh. You're not doing yourself any favours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I think its exempt under section 4B of the #bantz #lol regulation applied only after a team looses of course.

• Just got a chance to watch this back but Gary talking bolox again on MNF IMO

He's been contradicting himself for weeks now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Yeah a bit of craic. We believe you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

It's ok if you are a mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Just got a chance to watch this back but Gary talking bolox again on MNF IMO

He has a point there though. Liverpool finished 25 points behind City 16 months ago. Wasn't so long ago they had the Hodge at the helm with players like Andy Carroll, N'Gog, Kyrgiakos, Spearing and Poulsen playing every week.

Things can change quickly. Not this this season mind you.

• The Nal wrote: »
    He has a point there though. Liverpool finished 25 points behind City 16 months ago. Wasn't so long ago they had the Hodge at the helm with players like Andy Carroll, N'Gog, Kyrgiakos, Spearing and Poulsen playing every week.

Things can change quickly. Not this this season mind you.

Just to elaborate on my thoughts, he's trying to state that Utd have a good youth setup and the average age has been reduced which is true and he can see the benefits of what is being done.
    Then at the same time saying Utd are missing a spine and need experience to support that.

As one example: The argument made by some folks who are not happy was why couldn't the club sign the midfielder that was required last summer considering we let one go. The club is so slow and ineffective at getting business done quickly in the market. The expectations have been reduced for fans for this reason, why would the fans expect for Utd to be anyway close to competing. This is driven from top down.

Same goes for a backup striker. If the board backed Ole fully and were competent in the business aspects of transfers we could be further along in the process.

Look it's a punt to see if this will work out for Ole regardless, every fan want's to see him do well. It's just another massive risk this season and concerns over injuries considering the squad is stripped down is another worry to add to that.

Alot of pot luck involved just as much as there is planning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

His biggest issue there is over stating those young players.

Saying that adding 3 good senior players to the spine of the team could turn them into title challengers, well that assumes that the likes of Rashford, Martial, James, Peiera, McTominay are actually good enough in their own right, and we have not seen that yet.

Flashes of potential, sure, but there are huge question marks over some of them and if they will ever actually take the step up to Mane/Salah level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Saw some paper reporting this morning we could be interested in Callum Wilson in January, what would people think about him coming in? Better risk than the kosovo lad at fenerbace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

There's new rules about popping in for a "bit of craic", surely you as a mod would know better....
    Let me refresh your memory,a month since they were stickied by Kiith.

"Note - the new totting up process starts from right now.
    Thread bans are going to be used more frequently now. These are separate from the forum bans, and will be used to keep posters out of threads that they are only going in to wind people up. 1 month ban for first offence, 3 months for 2nd, 6 months for 3rd. Mods will review your access after that, and it will be at their discretion to allow you back in the thread.
    These bans will also carry over to any new threads that are created (i.e. new versions of superthreads). Anyone posting in a thread that they are banned in will get an immediate red card, which will be applied to the forum totting up system.
    So, if for example you get a yellow in the United thread, you'll receive a warning on the forum and a 1 month thread ban. Next offence will be a 2 week forum ban, and if it's in the United thread, a 3 month thread ban. If it was in the Liverpool thread, you get a 2 week forum ban and that's it. This is all assuming it is your first offence."

• Cotts72 wrote: »
    Saw some paper reporting this morning we could be interested in Callum Wilson in January, what would people think about him coming in? Better risk than the kosovo lad at fenerbace

Probably cost Utd about 50 million in January

OGS presser ahead of tomorrow evening

Daniel James out with a knock

Romero, Greenwood & Tuanzebe will all start

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1174304049417637893?s=20

Also worth mentioning, Alf Inge Haaland's (remember him) son scored a hat trick last night for Salzburg

His 4th HT this season, 3 in an albeit weaker Austrian league/cup. Doing that at 19 in your Champions League debut isn't bad though.

Oh and he scored nine goals in Norway U20's 12–0 win against Honduras U20 at the 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup

Play Liverpool in the next CL game too

Norwegian and has managed under Olé at Molde before

Never know...

• OGS presser ahead of tomorrow evening

Daniel James out with a knock

Romero, Greenwood & Tuanzebe will all start

Hopefully James is ready for the West Ham game

Glad to see Greenwood and Tuanzebe get starts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Also worth mentioning, Alf Inge Haaland's (remember him) son scored a hat trick last night for Salzburg

His 4th HT this season, 3 in an albeit weaker Austrian league/cup. Doing that at 19 in your Champions League debut isn't bad though.

Oh and he scored nine goals in Norway U20's 12–0 win against Honduras U20 at the 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup

Never know...

So long as nobody mentions Roy Keane to him.

Cotts72 wrote: »

I was shocked we weren't in for him when Jose was in charge - I thought we'd go for him as an alternative to Lukaku (as Jose considered him to be our only striker).

He signed a new contract in the summer iirc, I can't see United willing to spend the money that would be required to bring him in - and I wouldn't think he'd be worth that money to United either, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Never know...

We were apparently scouting him last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

Do we think we will sign anyone of note in January?
    Aside from the usual problem with players not available in January as a rule, can't see Ed stepping up.
    If they could though, ideally a midfield, then even a Summer like the one gone with just 3 players coming in with the same impact of DJ, HMcG & AWB would see the 1st team in great shape, with so-so replacements in the squad.
    Assuming Pogba will leave next summer, he would definitely need to be replaced, another striker is required along with the infamous RW, then it would make sense to add to the midfield in January if at all possible.

Big money required though and ability/desire of the club to make it happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Looks like i wont be posting here again.

Apparently i was trolling the forum.

I wish ye the best of luck

Glory glory Man Utd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Chelsea were quoted crazy money for him last January. Then when you couple his price with the ticking time bomb that are his knees then you begin to think twice.

Never know...

Does Roy Rate him:pac:

We were apparently scouting him last year

He played for Molde, under Ole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

paulbok wrote: »
    Do we think we will sign anyone of note in January?
    Aside from the usual problem with players not available in January as a rule, can't see Ed stepping up.
    If they could though, ideally a midfield, then even a Summer like the one gone with just 3 players coming in with the same impact of DJ, HMcG & AWB would see the 1st team in great shape, with so-so replacements in the squad.
    Assuming Pogba will leave next summer, he would definitely need to be replaced, another striker is required along with the infamous RW, then it would make sense to add to the midfield in January if at all possible.

Big money required though and ability/desire of the club to make it happen.

Doubt it tbh. The way we negotiate transfers 30 days is no where near long enough to get something decent done.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Doubt it tbh. The way we negotiate transfers 30 days is no where near long enough to get something decent done.

You can have negotiations any time, players just can't move until the window is open.

Weepsie wrote: »
    You can have negotiations anyI time, players just can't move until the window is open.

Yeah, but it doesn't seem like Woodward is aware of that. Or that you can negotiate deals for more than one player at a time.

• I'm liking this run off good news. De Gea and now Lindlelof.

Has someone being letting Woodward have a few beers in the office? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bangkok wrote: »
    Looks like i wont be posting here again.

Apparently i was trolling the forum.

I wish ye the best of luck

Glory glory Man Utd

Ffs I hate when people don't capitalise their I when talking about themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Just got a chance to watch this back but Gary talking bolox again on MNF IMO

His last statement is insane.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement