Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

AidoEirE wrote: »
    I mean jesus christ, how was there no greenwood on the bench for backup striker. Thats ****ing insane

He has tonsillitis

After Oles good run at the start , if United didnt give him job you all would have been on here complaining about how bad they were playing and why didnt they give job to one of our own .....bla bla bla .....

They got Ole in and fergie's loyal number 2 from the good days phelan, and a few other ex United people, they sign 3 people and you all got to say they were pretty good signings compared to some of the trash they already had ....

They moved on a few just like most of ye kept on about ....

I think it's time to get behind what we have and stop throwing all ye toys out of the pram .... United have some serious work ahead of them I grant ye that .

I've been a fan since the mark Hughes days , I'm well entitled to my opinion as you all are to but ye all would want to stop throwing ye toys out of the pram.

Completely understand where you're coming from but if they were losing with a bit of pride, you wouldn't mind as much. Go down fighting.

Even on the wins, Astana on Thursday we were terrible. Leicester last week was poor.

It's very uninspiring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

He has tonsillitis

Funny the rest of squad seem to have football-itis.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

I've been a fan since the mark Hughes days , I'm well entitled to my opinion as you all are to but ye all would want to stop throwing ye toys out of the pram.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,003 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Completely understand where you're coming from but if they were losing with a bit of pride, you wouldn't mind as much. Go down fighting.

Even on the wins, Astana on Thursday we were terrible. Leicester last week was poor.

It's very uninspiring.

This ^^^ it’s the lack of quality AND the lack of ambition. We were loosing that game and it’s about the 86th minute before you were seeing the change to 3 then 4 then 5 players established in and around the opposition box. From 1 to 5 desperately chasing a point. What about trying to commit something in the way of a committed attacking formation for the entire game, instead of this glut of rank bang average defensive in the main placeholder footballers with seemingly little or no ability to attack, create or influence. Going to be a long season unless a radical piece of business or two can be sorted out in January but that unlikely and likely to be too late anyway.

• nullzero wrote: »
    You'd have to wonder how far we have to sink before the Glazers decide they've had enough.

Would a bottom half of the table finish persuade them to fvck off or do we need to get relegated before they decide they've had enough?

The way in which they've conducted themselves so far it may take a relegation to get rid of these parasites.

Why tho, it's all revenue. They are sucking it out of the club. They will be there for years to come as the fans continue to give the money.

Fan loyalty is actually a hindrance in one sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

So by yhe next International break Ole will have left by 'mutual consent' and everyone will thank him for his work

Then in comes Tuchel/Allegri/insert name here

Results dont really improve but the 'these arent his players' or 'players need to adapt to his style' and 'he will need 2 or 3 transfer windows' all those things will be written ad nauseum.

Rinse and Repeat

The club needs to be sold and a huge restructuring of the club is needed both on and off the field. Proper Director of Football and the marketing area needs to be kept seperate to the footballing side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭derossi

Just curious, why is it the Glazers fault at this point? It looks like they are providing the funds as requested. There seems to be no issue about signing players or paying them whatever. As owners what else can they do? I mean they rely on the management structure to run the club with the funds available...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

On the bright side, it looks like Arsenal will be dropping points today also (1 down and down to 10) and Chelsea too.

• Advertisement

fi4g1UM.png

Evra looks to be a positive influence on this team, interesting here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,498 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Ninthlife wrote: »
    So by yhe next International break Ole will have left by 'mutual consent' and everyone will thank him for his work

Then in comes Tuchel/Allegri/insert name here

Results dont really improve but the 'these arent his players' or 'players need to adapt to his style' and 'he will need 2 or 3 transfer windows' all those things will be written ad nauseum.

Rinse and Repeat

The club needs to be sold and a huge restructuring of the club is needed both on and off the field. Proper Director of Football and the marketing area needs to be kept seperate to the footballing side.

Whatever about the boardroom issues, I honestly think Ole is making a ****ing hames of the job. He just is. His decisions on the things he can control have been wrong in pretty much every instant, his record is abysmal and those boardroom problems are the only thing keeping him in that job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We are just going through the Motions all again.

Not even got to October and things are already bleak.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Woodward telling Jones to shut up is the only positive I can take from today :P

https://twitter.com/Hello_ItsMike/status/1175778167866437633?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

J. Marston wrote: »
    On the bright side, it looks like Arsenal will be dropping points today also (1 down and down to 10) and Chelsea too.

Liverpool wining

• Woodward telling Jones to shut up is the only positive I can take from today :P

I would have been happier if Jones told Woodward to go **** himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Woodward telling Jones to shut up is the only positive I can take from today :P

Thought he was saying something to the woman beside Jones.. definitely doesnt say shut up anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,014 ✭✭✭✭billyhead

I said at the start of the season that not replacing Lukaku was a big mistake. We are desperately in need of a proper number 9. We have always had great strikers such as Ruud, Andy Cole, RVP, Cantona, Yorke. Rashford or Greenwood aren't the answer. I can see Ole getting his P45 by xmas. I would love him to do well as he seems a decent bloke and is a club legend but sentimentality goes out the window when results go downhill. Would Pocchetino be the answer, although Spurs are in a bad way at present aswell. We are o far behind the front 2 its laughable. Were a team thats now looking over its shoulder at the likes of Leicester and West Ham. How times have changed:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Like the second half of last season, this only emphasises the lost opportunity we have. No way are we finishing top 4 without a seismic shift

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Trigger wrote: »
    Thought he was saying something to the woman beside Jones.. definitely doesnt say shut up anyways

Ah you're right after looking at it again. Seems like he's mouthing 'shut up' at the end but yeah he's talking to the lady alright.

More importantly though, you know you're club is in trouble when your CEO is throwing his hands up and having a moan. He really is clueless when it comes to all things football. Nearly a billion quid spent and the squad has never looked so thin and frail . No quality , leaders, or characters and Ole looks clueless tactically but kicking him off the ship isn't going to solve any problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Would Mark Hughes be a viable option? A bit of an influence from the glory days of the 80's. He could help Rashford with his technique as well. Hughes knows what it takes to be one of the best strikers in Europe as a young man.

• Advertisement

• Some windups tonight :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Arsenal leading now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Neeson wrote: »
    Would Mark Hughes be a viable option? A bit of an influence from the glory days of the 80's. He could help Rashford with his technique as well. Hughes knows what it takes to be one of the best strikers in Europe as a young man.

Couldnt be any worse than the strikers we have I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Berba musta sensed the injury to Rashford so retired before he got dragged back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

There is no bright side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

There is no bright side

Here we go. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I would have been happier if Jones told Woodward to go **** himself

I'd have been happier, if they both threw each other off the balcony tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

So just the 10 points and 10 in goal difference off Liverpool after 6 games. 2 points from Wolves, Palace, Southampton and West Ham.

adox wrote: »
    Here we go. :rolleyes:

It started a while ago tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Have not posted in here in so long I've really got a turn off watching football in general for while now especially United.

What made it even worse was recently having the gaa on so often and seeing how much passion the players have for there clubs and county's then you watch theses yokes on millions who don't give a ****e....

To be honest I dunno how most of yous still keep coming in here and arguing with each other about the club its not worth it.

The club is going no where on or off the pitch last thing id wanna be doing is going online getting stressed over it there's nothing any of us can do about it sure ha.

I'd actually play a football game quicker on the ps4 then I would watch a united match these days. Least you can enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Pereira and Matic couldn't bother their arses pressing or closing down for the first goal. Do that and there's no goal. I mean has basic schoolboy football skills to be beaten into them? I'll credit Ole for trying to shift wasters from our club. But when you think about it, he still has a massive job to do.

Afaic, Mata, Young and Matic are part of the geriatric brigade that need to be shipped out. Add to them Jones, Lindgard, Rojo and Fred and you see the sheer scale of the rebuild required. And it'll take 3-4 transfer windows to sort that pile of crap out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Trigger wrote: »

Jones says “sacked in the morning” and Woodward says “we’re on camera. Stop.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Have not posted in here in so long I've really got a turn off watching football in general for while now especially United.

What made it even worse was recently having the gaa on so often and seeing how much passion the players have for there clubs and county's then you watch theses yokes on millions who don't give a ****e....

To be honest I dunno how most of yous still keep coming in here and arguing with each other about the club its not worth it.

The club is going no where on or off the pitch last thing id wanna be doing is going online getting stressed over it there's nothing any of us can do about it sure ha.

I'd actually play a football game quicker on the ps4 then I would watch a united match these days. Least you can enjoy it.

Utd not doing well so you have "turned off football" lol

ricero wrote: »

Liverpool doing well so have to check United thread lol.

I've fallen out of love with the game the last few years. Its become such a hollow sport driven by nothing but money and greed.

The United I grew up watching and then in later years was a different club which I loved and enjoyed and have so many good memories following.

The whole club from top to bottom now is a joke and there's no enjoyment in supporting them 24/7.

I used to love watching football not even just united I'd watch any match its just not the same these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Didn't even have to click it to know who thanked this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I've fallen out of love with the game the last few years. Its become such a hollow sport driven by nothing but money and greed.

The United I grew up watching and then in later years was a different club which I loved and enjoyed and have so many good memories following.

The whole club from top to bottom now is a joke and there's no enjoyment in supporting them 24/7.

I used to love watching football not even just united I'd watch any match its just not the same these days.

All clubs get bad periods from time to time, if your not going to stick with them when their down your not a supporter just a glory hunter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

That's because we where winning everything. You can't say that you don't love it anymore and use money as an excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It’s scary how few players we actually have at the club and how many of them need to be shown the door or replaced

Pogba, Martial, Rashford, Lingard, Pereira, Mata, Fred, Matic, Young, Jones

None of the above will help us get back into the top 4, which leaves us with about 5 other senior players. That’s crazy.

We need an investment of 400-600 million to get back into the top 4, 5 first XI players minimum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Have to say though, with all the negativity.

Who could have predicted injuries ?
    Who could have foreseen that letting lukaku go and not replacing him would be a mistake?
    Who could say Rashford wouldn't be the striker the club could depend on?
    Isn't there a thought at all for the fitness of the players? Look how much fitter they are!
    And the shackles are off, they needed that.
    Then you just have to marvel at the bonding, the unity between them.

It's incredible.

Not all doom and gloom lads. Certainly nothing that could have been prevented beforehand.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

jamesbere wrote: »
    All clubs get bad periods from time to time, if your not going to stick with them when their down your not a supporter just a glory hunter

I still support them I just get little enjoyment out of it. There would be more enjoyment following a smaller club who are winning nothing but at least you know club is run well and they all care.

Like I said already its the game in general not just united. I am not a glory hunter ha. I've followed the gaa as well since was in primary school as long as I've followed United . Dublin went threw a period of 16 years not winning an All Ireland still supported them watched every game and went to plenty.

At least you could tell the team and everyone involved cared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I'm listening to Ole's after the match interview and he's confirmed Rashford injured his groin.

Ole looks like he's aged by 10 years

• Headshot wrote: »
    I'm listening to Ole's after the match interview and he's confirmed Rashford injured his groin.

It's what Woodward and Glazers do best

Destroy people one by one

Headshot wrote: »

And looks way out of his depth.

RasTa wrote: »
    That's because we where winning everything. You can't say that you don't love it anymore and use money as an excuse.

Of course I can it's simple really. I used to follow football from all over the world since I was a kid it was a different game. Yes there was money obviously still involved but nothing like the last while. Plus its fairly obvious most players don't care about the clubs they care about there careers. You don't get club legends anymore u get players changing and going where Is best for them.

Football was always about entertainment and pure passion for me I just don't feel that in it anymore and haven't for a while.

You get it a bit more at international level but even then.

I was lucky to experience United winning so much when I was younger but the players the manager and the club and what it stood for was what I was there for. When I look at Manchester United as a whole club from top to bottom now what's to love?

• Advertisement

Mourinho clearly holding back on having a pop at the clubs hierarchy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The Nal wrote: »
    And looks way out of his depth.

My heart goes out to him. Yes he's partly responsible for what's happening with our club but it's pretty hard when your hands are tied when your bosses only care about money.

I want ole gone at this stage as I don't believe he's good enough to get us out of this hole but I wont berate or ask for his head as I have far to much respect for him.

Ole should of never gotten the job in the first place and that lays squarely on Woodwards head

The Nal wrote: »

I’m sure there was some sort of a clause in his pay off that wouldn’t allow him to

Wish he would let loose tbh

• The Nal wrote: »

I asked the question already but I suspect he's under a NDA with the club

As soon as it runs out the better so he can let the owners have it and tell everybody what we already know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭derossi

Ill say again, what have the Glazers an why blame them. They have always provided cash for top players and wages. No issue of signing a top player,,,so why glazer out?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement