Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Jones, Lingard, Peirera all on new bumper contracts, why?

Although I do remember alot of people giving out cause Jose let Peirera stay out on loan. From what Ive seen of him he should probably go back out on loan.

In all my years supporting United I dont think theres ever been a player i disliked as much as Lingard

Glad I’m not the only one. If Lingard wasn’t from the academy he would have been gotten rid of by now. Offers nothing save a goal every once in a blue moon. The fact he has a fashion label despite achieving very little says it all. More interested in social media and being famous than actually playing football.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Jones, Lingard, Peirera all on new bumper contracts, why?

Although I do remember alot of people giving out cause Jose let Peirera stay out on loan. From what Ive seen of him he should probably go back out on loan.

In all my years supporting United I dont think theres ever been a player i disliked as much as Lingard

Glad I’m not the only one. If Lingard wasn’t from the academy he would have been gotten rid of by now. Offers nothing save a goal every once in a blue moon. The fact he has a fashion label despite achieving very little says it all. More interested in social media and being famous than actually playing football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Poxy if we win this.

We don't have a squad capable of competing in more than one competition. Going out would probably have done us a favour.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

nullzero wrote: »
    The annoying thing is that the three players we've signed this years are the best signings we've made in years, but the clowns around them are so bad signing them has had pretty much no impact at all.
    We could sign Messi and still be sh1t.

Yep, like building the Taj Mahal on a bog, it's going to quickly sink and be covered in muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Pogba not taking a penalty is strange no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

PARlance wrote: »
    Lingard would miss the bullet though

He’d put a video on Instagram though posing and grinning with the gun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,584 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Well taken penalties in fairness. Must have been practising :p

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

The club has completely lost it's way. We are playing like a bad championship side. Depressing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Comfortable win in penalties in the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Woo

Hoo

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

All credit to Rochdale

A night to forget for United

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Incredible another win in the bag

• James to save the blushes

As I said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It's a bit embarrassing aint it, at least they didn't celebrate like they won the cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

KH25 wrote: »

What annoys me is he is always mentioned as being a young player, think Neville said it a few times but he is 27.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Gutted for Jimmy Keohane being the one to miss the penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

We're through and that's all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Relief that . A night to forget . Well done Romero for the save . The only positive from tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Night and day though compared to the awful football under Mourinho so progress anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

58k at that

Holy fiuck

• Advertisement

• A shameful night for the club on so many levels, will dissect it tomorrow

All credit to Rochdale and the young lad who scored for them
    Rochdale as a club can hold the heads up high and be proud

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Happy to go through

We were all huff and no puff tonight though. Grand up to the box and then just bad, not a lot of chances created and their keeper had a great game.

Bad night for the club

• Nuts102 wrote: »
    Night and day though compared to the awful football under Mourinho so progress anyway

We ran faster too
    And played fitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,045 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Bret Hart wrote: »
    We're through and that's all that matters.

tenor.gif?itemid=12798474

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Just far far too slow with the ball, when we moved it quickly, we'd chances that their keeper saved.
    No matic tonight means he's probably playing on monday :(
    Good finish from Greenwood for his - 2 in 2 for him. Could have had a couple more tonight too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Ahhh well atleast we won....the MK Dons thrashing a few years ago was worse....So atleast there's that....can't get lower then that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Nice composed finishes for the pens. If only they could show that during the game and take our chances.

Pogba not taking a penalty was a bit strange.

After what I thought was a promising beginning to the season and showing promise of improvement we have just gone backwards again and the lack of midfield and forward transfers really going to bite now and turn us into a mid table side this year.

Break the bank and get Sancho, Werner, Maddison and a central midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Headshot wrote: »
    I look at this utd team and the performances and it's like deja vu.

I look at this United team and performances and see nothing but a Harry Enfield sketch.

One of those reoccurring ones, where something will happen like Phil Jones getting injured, and as he is being carried off somebody will look at the camera and say the punchline, "Seriously, who could have predicted that eh?"

Next week it will be United struggling to score or being short in midifeld, but the punchline will be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Not sure what Ole sees in Chong.

He must have something about him... He’s won a few awards at youth level and seems to be getting a fair few games in this team, but he’s done SFA from what I’ve seeing.

Did anyone see any of him in reserves last season? Did he stand out? What does he bring to a game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

At least Dave wasn't in goal for the shootout, we'd have definitely lost then :)

Lingard: Fraud
    Perreira: Another fraud
    Woodward: Biggest fraud of the lot

Chelsea next round

Lord help us

kerplun k wrote: »

A daily reminder that the worlds biggest clubs should not blindly put their faith in their latest youth team "superstars".

Everton v Watford
    Aston Villa v Wolves
    Manchester City v Southampton
    Burton v Leicester
    Crawley Town v Colchester
    Chelsea v Man Utd
    Oxford v Sunderland
    Liverpool v Arsenal

City must have the best luck when it comes to draws. They're going to stroll their way to the final again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

It’s a continuous shambles. Oles departure may come earlier than I thought but I reckon he may get to Christmas. Poor lad has been swallowed by the club and is totally out of his depth.

As for the spoofers on the pitch? I’m not even annoyed anymore. It’s laughable that it’s being allowed to continue. Some lads that are nowhere good enough and some lads that are just plain spoofers.

Phil Jones having to be replaced at half time. What’s the definition of insanity again?

Club is fûcked imo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Another game with great chances missed. No confidence on front of goal.

United have done far worse over the years in cup games results wise and even performance wise so it is good to get through but they can't continue to fluff chances and put themselves under such pressure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

I'm thinking maybe Tuanzebe should be in the the team on Monday. Obviously didn't have much to do today, but he looks very composed and comfortable both defensively and in possession. Wouldn't mind seeing him in place of Lindelöf at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Can't quiet fathom how Perriera keeps getting game time. Even in a game of little significance like this. I'd turf him back to the academy. Beyond useless and we'll lose points on the board every minute this waste of space is on the pitch. Same can be said for Lingard - the two biggest frauds in the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

DM_7 wrote: »
    Another game with great chances missed. No confidence on front of goal.

United have done far worse over the years in cup games results wise and even performance wise so it is good to get through but they can't continue to fluff chances and put themselves under such pressure.

That’s hugely oversimplying it imo and reads as if Utd were unlucky. They’ve weren’t.

Also the game has to be taken in overall context as well.

I see little or no positives about tonight’s performance and many many negatives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

This team will never be successful under Ole.

There are huge problems at board level, sure. But Poch and Klopp transformed their teams in their first 2 seasons with negative net spends.

There is nothing in Oles past or present to suggest he is the man to preside over the biggest rebuild in Man Utd history. So we have to amble on and waste another season pretending to give Ole a chance despite the fact that everyone can see that he is out of his depth.

We aren't as far away as people think. Liverpool were beaten 6-1 by Stoke and a couple of months later Klopp had them in a Europa League and League Cup final without bringing in a player of his own. Chelsea followed up a 10th place finish with a title. The thing about both of those recoveries is that the incumbent managers had an extremely clear system and philosophy. Ole talks about having one but nobody has ever seen it.

No point wasting any more time on someone who isn't right just to say that he was given a chance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

https://twitter.com/RobDawsonESPN/status/1176963938384252930?s=19

Rochdale were beaten 6-0 at Peterborough 10 days ago and have lost to Man City's U21s this season. Drawn 1-1 at Old Trafford tonight and their fans are singing "you're getting sacked in the morning" at Solskjaer.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »

Rochdale were beaten 6-0 at Peterborough 10 days ago and have lost to Man City's U21s this season. Drawn 1-1 at Old Trafford tonight and their fans are singing "you're getting sacked in the morning" at Solskjaer.

dTcAHZc.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Pereira, Fred, Jones, Rojo, Lingard please go away and don't play for this club again.

Round two of dross clearout needs to happen soon

Tuanzebe was impressive

A daily reminder that the worlds biggest clubs should not blindly put their faith in their latest youth team "superstars".

I dunno. I could be wrong about it. But even now he’s getting minutes over other academy players. I’m just wondering what type of player he’s supposed to be. Even last season he got some minutes in some pretty big games.

He’s still young, but from what I’ve seen, I haven’t even seen a flash of quality, no attacking strengths, no drive forward, can’t dribble, standard ball control. I’m just wondering where the hype is coming from.

We have some good young players like Gomes, Greenwood, Rashford, Tuanzebe, AWB, James, McTominay etc... all u21, and show potential
    , but I’m not seeing anything from Chong.

Lord TSC wrote: »

TBF, this is almost an U21 team :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Should I be the one to remind people that the last 2 managers have gotten knocked out of this tournament in quite auspicious circumstances. Almost like the blame doesn't rest rest with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

kerplun k wrote: »

He must have something about him... He’s won a few awards at youth level and seems to be getting a fair few games in this team, but he’s done SFA from what I’ve seeing.

Did anyone see any of him in reserves last season? Did he stand out? What does he bring to a game?

He's a good player at youth level and reserve level, looks for the ball constantly, gets involved and makes chances! He didn't look like that tonight but there is a good player in there, a loan for him would be good but he needs a lot of game time, he looks like he took a stretch too, could be in my mind.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

adox wrote: »
    That’s hugely oversimplying it imo and reads as if Utd were unlucky. They’ve weren’t.

Also the game has to be taken in overall context as well.

I see little or no positives about tonight’s performance and many many negatives.

I want to talk about the game in its own right, if others want to talk about how **** they think everything that is up to them.

To me United missed really good chances, that has nothing to do with luck. It is bad play to miss chances. I think a team taking over 30 shots, only having 8 on target and missing some greay openings has a lot of work to do on front of goal. Going beyond one game we saw a lot of the same last week in Europa League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

DM_7 wrote: »
    I want to talk about the game in its own right, if others want to talk about how **** they think everything that is up to them.

To me United missed really good chances, that has nothing to do with luck. It is bad play to miss chances. I think a team taking over 30 shots, only having 8 on target and missing some greay openings has a lot of work to do on front of goal. Going beyond one game we saw a lot of the same last week in Europa League.

This is it. United have looked good all season against teams of all levels at keeping the ball and getting it up to about 30 yards from goal. That's where it all goes to shít.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

As terrible as this is to have to suffer through, Ole will make to January at the very least. The club is in absolute shambles but it absolutely is not Oles fault. Is he good enough to manage a top top team? No. Unfortunately not. He is only there becuase Woodward saw an opportunity to bring in a yes man that he could use to recoup his own power status and remain in control of the club. Not sure how much longer this can really last though? Who will make the decision to get a DoF, and sack half the recruitment team an ultimately take power away from Woodward?

As for the football, that team right there will never ever ever make a success. It needs a complete overhaul. Right now, I think we can manage (if we can avoid injury we can manage) with the current defence, AWB, Maguire, lingard/Tuan and Dalot/Shaw/Young is enough for another season. In January, we absolutely MUST get a center midfielder and a striker. Lingard needs to be dropped and never see a football again. Martial, Rashford and Pogba are starters. Greenwood should be given a chance to impress but not be relied upon. James is ok but I would prefer to see him fighting for a starting position rather than being the man who we are dependant on. Its absolutely crazy at the moment. Perriera needs to go. Fred is ****, maybe he could work as a holding midfielder only, let pogba push on up the field and give him some freedom to attack.

4 signings need. We will prob get two or 3, of which one might be good enough. Sad times ahead I think.

Mokuba wrote: »
    Ole talks about having one but nobody has ever seen it.

He is getting away with murder in this regard.

Remember that good patch at the start of the year, the one that got him the job? Remember the pace and pressing and all that good stuff that everybody liked? Then that all disappeared and we were told it was because Jose left him an unfit team that couldn't hack the hard work needed.

Well here we are, 9 months and a pre-season later. And bar Herrera and Lukaku we still have pretty much all the players who were involved in that good run.

So whats the deal? Why can't he get the players doing what they did back then? That has nothing to do with boardrooms or financial statements, that is a manager and his players doing what worked for them once before so why can't it happen?

Whats the excuse now?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement