Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

It won't be long until lads start doing call out videos on YouTube about posters

Haha mental Craic altogether, buckfast & boards.ie

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Drumpot wrote: »
    He might of had a meltdown but he wasn’t all wrong.

:pac:

Check his history,one of the major antagonist on the forum. Did exactly what he was complaining about.

• Drumpot wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Wasn't aimed at you to note. Just a general comment

Check his history,one of the major antagonist on the forum. Did exactly what he was complaining about.

Not saying he’s spot on about everything, just he wasn’t completely wrong either. Being a hypocrite doesn’t make people wrong, just gives people an opportunity to not discuss the points being made.

His over all point , or at least what I thought it was, is that the level of debate on here has been poor for along time. I wouldn’t argue with that. At times I’ve contributed to the poor quality so I’m not throwing stones from an ivory tower , I can accept that. Just using his meltdown to say some things that have annoyed me for awhile. I’ve said my piece and now gotta go and do a long run in preperation for hell and back....

• Advertisement

Wasn't aimed at you to note. Just a general comment

I was just looking for an excuse to say I don’t drink and not look completely like a crank !! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Gotta quote this for posterity.
    Heck,it might even get post of the year for it's craziness. More nutiness than a Snickers.

Thank you so much for quoting this, CC. What the fvck did I just read!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

That was an interesting read and although it will be just brushed off as a drunken rant there is an awful lot of truth in what he was saying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

I used to read this thread years ago and there would be people who would dissect the games down touch by touch and movement, formation changes, sub decisions.

Now it seems calling each other names and hoping someone gets sacked is the daily discussion.

More Liverpool posters in it now than united ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

BDI wrote: »
    I used to read this thread years ago and there would be people who would dissect the games down touch by touch and movement, formation changes, sub decisions.

Now it seems calling each other names and hoping someone gets sacked is the daily discussion.

Tis a bit like the Liverpool thread used to be.

• Advertisement

To be fair, it’s been so hard to watch a united game for so long I’m not surprised people don’t want to dissect our games. Who wants to dissect a smelly steaming pile of disappointing crap every week? :pac:

It’s easier to get absorbed in your team when they are challanging for honors. I rememeber a spurs friend of mine used to say how crap the CL was because of how many useless group games there was. Haven’t heard him complain about this in years.... I think this is where living across the water can make a difference and not having to put up with rival banter (for me anyway). It is easier to switch off and lose interest. Mind you I seldom miss a game and do generally keep up to speed as games go on.

There really isn’t an awful lot of positive stuff to discuss with united if we are honest with ourselves. Woodward again talking through his abacus at a recent meeting and the club has decided they know what they are doing cause they bought some nice players that actually look like they will give it a decent shot. That’s the bar at the club, “holy crap, these three signings are actually pretty decent, let the good tikes role. This coupled with an unproven coach which is the opposite to our other coaches can’t but fail”. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Newcastle getting destroyed watch as we struggle next week against them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Hococop wrote: »
    Newcastle getting destroyed watch as we struggle next week against them

Have to endure Jonjo "He who shall not be named" Shelvey play his usual game of the season too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Should have Rodgers at the top of our list if we need a new manager, has done a great job at Leicester, always has his teams playing good football with a solid plan and is also a Utd fan, so would jump at the chance to come to Old Trafford.. He has work wonders in his time at Leicester, while we have a manager that says he needs at least 3 years before we are able to compete.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Ndidi on the scoresheet today

He's more important to Leicester than Maddison IMO

Would love for United to go for him in Jan or next Summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Should have Rodgers at the top of our list if we need a new manager, has done a great job at Leicester, always has his teams playing good football with a solid plan and is also a Utd fan, so would jump at the chance to come to Old Trafford.. He has work wonders in his time at Leicester, while we have a manager that says he needs at least 3 years before we are able to compete.........

giphy.gif

Nice try 8/10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Ndidi on the scoresheet today

He's more important to Leicester than Maddison IMO

Would love for United to go for him in Jan or next Summer

I’d take Chilwell, Vardy, Maddison, Ndidi and Tielemans. That’s a shocking indictment on the absolute state of the squad. Including Maguire, it’s 6 from last year’s Leicester squad and every one of them starts for United imo.

Julez wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Nice try 8/10

Glazer foundation poster in the background of that gif.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

ziggyman17 wrote: »

Decent manager in fairness to him. Klopp is working off what he started. I still don’t think Ole is the problem at the moment and don’t think a change would benefit the club.

I’d take Chilwell, Vardy, Maddison, Ndidi and Tielemans. That’s a shocking indictment on the absolute state of the squad. Including Maguire, it’s 6 from last year’s Leicester squad and every one of them starts for United imo.

Swap for Matic,Shaw,Mata,Lingard and even "I'm not a striker" Rashford.
    I'd throw in Jones for free.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

EFpKjy_WoAA6S_I?format=jpg&name=small

Maybe we should move the club to italy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Decent manager in fairness to him. Klopp is working off what he started. I still don’t think Ole is the problem at the moment and don’t think a change would benefit the club.

lol on the Klopp bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Smalling has attributes that can make him look very good but it's in the minutae that he fails. Heading he is very good and when there's no pressure on him he can look capable of playing the ball out from the back. However, it is very laboured. He puts very little pressure on the ball when defending and gives the attackers all the space they need to play a pass or run at him. Thus, a team that controls the game at the back akin to LVG's United who would mainly be dealing with long balls or crosses he can look a world beater at times. This falls apart in any real competitive game where the opposition are going to be playing it around a bit more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

8 games since we scored more than 1 in a game, hopefully that ends tomorrow.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

8 games since we scored more than 1 in a game, hopefully that ends tomorrow.

Maybe if the transfer window accidentally opens, we can buy a couple of forwards then... does anyone know to code ? To the transfer window? :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Strumms wrote:
    Maybe if the transfer window accidentally opens, we can buy a couple of forwards then... does anyone know to code ? To the transfer window?

Manchestero Unitedo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Probably not a bad idea. Three of our most disappointing players from last season are having a great time over there.

It's a long way from the days of watching football Italia on channel 4 to see the world's greatest players.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

143d2c1c4b5ca202fb4d.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Necro wrote: »

The exact number of TV shows you have to sort through:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Strumms wrote: »
    Maybe if the transfer window accidentally opens, we can buy a couple of forwards then... does anyone know to code ? To the transfer window? :eek:

It's not like we're missing loads of chances that a top striker somewhere would score, our problem is that we're not creating enough real chances.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

Did we not play them recently?
    Can anyone remember how we played against that team that are supposedly better than us, with a manager that is better than ours...

Oh ya, we won!

But please, don't let me stop all the negativity...

It's not like we're missing loads of chances that a top striker somewhere would score, our problem is that we're not creating enough real chances.

Totally, 100% we lack creativity and that’s the major issue... but also how many times do you see us in a game get to the final third after decent and fluid build up play, only to see whoever has the ball stop, look forward, look sideways and then either pass sideways or backwards killing the momentum and the immediate threat.... there are no forward options ! This football club doesn’t possess even one fûcking striker !!! We ARE playing 4-6-0 at the moment.

That’s how much of a shît show Jose and the board left us in... there is no professional football team in world football who when submitting their squad list to the relative football association, be it Serie A, League Of Ireland, Turkish League, League of Turkmenistan where a club anywhere fûcking submitted a squad that has no forwards or strikers...!

That’s exactly how much of a fûcking hole this club and team are in right now.

Woodward, a commercial clever clogs and not a football clever clogs is in charge of the football club, having been put there by the Glazers. A MONEY guy not a football guy.... we make a profit ? Grand ! Shows the Glazer priorities. Income of cash over trophies.

He has had an association with the club for about 15 years, sitting in the stand at every home game with that fûcking smug, punchable, insincere grin on his dodgy facade.

He is aware of the requirements and investments to ensure the club and team is directly competitive across each competition, by virtue of having been at the club when we were winning... investments in terms of the correct personnel and big money signings.....

He has failed to deliver....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Can anyone remember how we played against that team that are supposedly better than us, with a manager that is better than ours...

Oh ya, we won!
    Somebody doesn't know the difference between result and performance.
    Strumms wrote: »
    That’s how much of a shshow Jose and the board left us in... there is no professional football team in world football who when submitting their squad list to the relative football association, be it Serie A, League Of Ireland, Turkish League, League of Turkmenistan where a club anywhere fûcking submitted a squad that has no forwards or strikers...!
    Two transfer windows since Jose left. Just sayin.

• Advertisement

Oh ya, we won!

We won thanks to a penalty. Other than the 3 points, there were no positives to take from that game. Shyte game.

Leicester didn't turn up that day.

Since, they've won 3 games scoring 11

In that time, United lost to West Ham, drew with Rochdale and put in a lacklustre performance v Astana.

There are players in that Leicester side that would improve United's XI without question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It was some Leeds United type craziness deciding to start the season depending on Rashford and Martial to score all of our goals.

They’re already being left behind by Vardy, Abraham, Pukki, Wilson.

They might not break 20 goals between them which means we are in for a miserable season.

Surely we can score a couple against that Arsenal defence, they’ll be thinking similar though with the forwards they have.

It was some Leeds United type craziness deciding to start the season depending on Rashford and Martial to score all of our goals.

They’re already being left behind by Vardy, Abraham, Pukki, Wilson.

They might not break 20 goals between them which means we are in for a miserable season.

Surely we can score a couple against that Arsenal defence, they’ll be thinking similar though with the forwards they have.

Be an interesting game tomorrow, Arsenal have looked very good in some games, in others very ordinary. In five of their games so far in all comps and against in most cases ‘ordinary’ opposition they have conceded two or more goals... suggesting maybe their defense isn’t all that... they are however averaging over two goals a game and playing fast fluid football... we’ll need to match that, can we ? An interesting and important test !

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

We won thanks to a penalty. Other than the 3 points, there were no positives to take from that game. Shyte game.

In that time, United lost to West Ham, drew with Rochdale and put in a lacklustre performance v Astana.

There are players in that Leicester side that would improve United's XI without question.

Not to mention they had 59% possession. 100 more passes and with a higher accuracy. That's scandalous at home. If that were an LvG or Mourinho result people would've been calling for change. We lucked out in the win as it was a mediocre performance, and worryingly still one of our best of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Oh ya, we won!

De Gea

AWB - Lindelof - Maguire - Chilwell

Ndidi - Tielemans - Pogba

Maddison

Vardy - Rashford

That pisses all over any combination United can currently field.

• Advertisement

• We won thanks to a penalty. Other than the 3 points, there were no positives to take from that game. Shyte game.

I say from a tactical point of few and man for man they are a better side than Utd in almost every aspect IMO. An actual cohesive unit.

I could pluck the likes of De Gea, Maguire, AWB and Maybe on current form James into the Leicester team rather than the other way around

Think Ndidi is a quality player too and someone Utd should be looking into more so than Madison

I expect them to finish ahead of us this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

RasTa wrote: »
    EFpKjy_WoAA6S_I?format=jpg&name=small

To be fair with Smalling he was always available to play for us, Jones and Rojo consistenly have been sidelined and we are weaker without him imo.
    Was never going to be our next Rio or Vidic but fair ****s, hope it goes well for him at Roma

i would have liked to have this and next season to have the main three center back options as Maguire, Smalling, Lindelof with the three of them kinda rotating....but the sounds coming out of the Smalling camp in the press are that he is VERY open to making it a permanent move...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Strumms wrote:
    i would have liked to have this and next season to have the main three center back options as Maguire, Smalling, Lindelof with the three of them kinda rotating....but the sounds coming out of the Smalling camp in the press are that he is VERY open to making it a permanent move...

Have absolutely no problem saying good bye to Smalling

Never rated him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

brinty wrote: »

Never rated him

I rather it was Jones that went than Smalling

Smalling is the better player which doesnt really saw alot lol

A bank manager with too much control over football matters despite knowing nothing about the game is what's dragging us down.
    Managers target players, Woodward gets involved and said targets are changed, manager gets flack while Woodward sits behind a desk in London.
    Ole has been fooked since day one but if he's allowed this to continue then he's as much to blame. In now way should a manager allow so much control over football matters that Woodward has.

brinty wrote: »

Never rated him

It’s fair to say he was inconsistent at times and certainly didn’t live up to the hype the new Paul McGrath or whatever but he was decent overall and by and large very good. it’s not consistent though for the club to be throwing him out on loan with the view to a permanent deal, when neither Phil Jones or Marcos Rojo are of the same ability, same league even. Bad business and a real eye opener as to the shît show as pertains to the decisions being made at the club... imagine what might happen if due to injury and or suspension we end up with them two at the back for even a handful of games.... doesn’t bare thinking about... finishing 6th would...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Oh ya, we won!

I agree with your point in many ways, the easiest way to be rated by United fans is not to play for United.

To be fair though, with the wealth in the league now there is not a huge gap in player quality across the league. Players at Leicester could easily play for any side. Everton are like that also, look at Gueye heading for PSG, he could have gone to any team in England.

Ndidi could play for United, as could Chilwell or Pereira even if United were at the level people want them to be. The question is would they be a significant upgrade to the point they are worth the cost that it would take to buy them?

I think 10 years ago those players would be snapped up by the stronger sides but now Leicester can hold firm if a side look to buy them.

Headshot wrote: »
    I rather it was Jones that went than Smalling

Smalling is the better player which doesnt really saw alot lol

Jones is an absolute nightmare... his physicality in particular pace has been impacted by several heavy duty injuries and he doesn’t seem to have the football brain as regards positional sense or reading of the game to adequately compensate... he gets turned wayyyy tooo often and easily. Keep Smalling, sell Jones ffs. The new Duncan Edwards wasn’t it ? He’s that often all at sea he’s more like the new Duncan Goodhew

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement