Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Will Ashley Young start tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'm really struggling this season, more than any other, to have any entusiasm to watch United.

At least under Moyes, LVG and Mourinho we (arguably) had the players to do something, less so under Jose I suppose. Its now even wose than it was under Jose.

Our full backs can't create. Our midfield relies on Pogba to anything offensive and our strikers are injured, off form or not good enough - depending on your view.

I look at what we will probably put out tonight and question both who is going to create any chances, and who is going to finish any we do create. We don't have players that will open a team up. We don't have players to get fans on the edge of their seat (unless we are defending).

And it was all said, so many times, in the summer. We needed a forward, and we needed a creative midfielder. (while also needed Rashford and Martial to step up).

Its a boring, bland, poor squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

RasTa wrote: »
    I wouldn't start Rashford. Also living in Manchester and can see Old Trafford from the bedroom window but not giving the Glazers any money tonight.

Are you now a fair weather fan? :)
    According to those who seem excessively concerned about us, they've all spoken to United fans they know who are "gone off supporting the team" and "are simply football fans now"
    I've yet to meet anyone like that,I do however remember a certain set of fans who garnered a sudden interest in Celtic when "their team" was in the doldrums. ;) Flights to Glasgow were busier than ones to John Lennon airport.

According to those who seem excessively concerned about us, they've all spoken to United fans they know who are "gone off supporting the team" and "are simply football fans now"
    I've yet to meet anyone like that,I do however remember a certain set of fans who garnered a sudden interest in Celtic when "their team" was in the doldrums. ;) Flights to Glasgow were busier than ones to John Lennon airport.

I've gone off watching the team, but I'm not replacing them with any other team or match.

I don't have Sky Sports, and if I wasn't going to my brother's tonight to watch the game i'd have put no effort into trying to watch it at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I still go to U23 goes a lot because it's free and I'm a cheapskate. Old Trafford is an awful place to watch football. Even at the last U23 match some old man(65+) got into an argument with another lad(40+) who told him to sit down and all this happened during half time! Older lad was so pissed off he ended up leaving.

Stewart's and fans always telling you to sit down etc. Heard J stand is better but too many piss heads for me.

Then you have the Liverpool fans doing this at funerals

https://twitter.com/charlieevans99x/status/1177658382465077248?s=19

The English really are the worst when it comes to booze.

• That's pathetic fs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Waiting until September to finally say something would be the dumbest way of doing that possible.

On the face of it yes... though maybe he had an expectation and or an undertaking from the club that he be sorted with a striker in the summer...

Either way at least now the pressure is a bit being shifted towards to boardroom.. back the manager it's obvious to everyone and anyone..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I still go to U23 goes a lot because it's free and I'm a cheapskate. Old Trafford is an awful place to watch football. Even at the last U23 match some old man(65+) got into an argument with another lad(40+) who told him to sit down and all this happened during half time! Older lad was so pissed off he ended up leaving.

Stewart's and fans always telling you to sit down etc. Heard J stand is better but too many piss heads for me.

Theres nobody quite like them. I dunno do you see it as bad out by OT, but I live in the city centre and every single weekend, theres grown adults absolutely legless by 2 o clock in the day, its unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

The amount of comments trying to say they’re not from Liverpool :rolleyes:

Theres nobody quite like them. I dunno do you see it as bad out by OT, but I live in the city centre and every single weekend, theres grown adults absolutely legless by 2 o clock in the day, its unreal.

Usually adults of the older age too (40+) I think Manchester is a big place for people from Wigan, Bolton actually everywhere to come down and get smashed.

Marble Arch is my go to pub in town, none of that stuff, lovely cask beers and the best Sunday roast in Manchester.

• Advertisement

The amount of comments trying to say they’re not from Liverpool :rolleyes:

Sound like Chelsea fans to me.

Sound like Chelsea fans to me.

Nah. They fact they even have a song about it is the worst imo although it has being sung for years

EFptWdEWwAABAAu?format=jpg&name=medium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Thinking 1.1 tonight. Could go either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

I honestly think we'll win tonight and then lose to Newcastle on Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Big game tonight, early in the season I know but we need this pursuit for CL kept on the rails somehow.... after tonight we have two difficult ones, Liverpool and Newcastle followed by three VERY winnable games on the bounce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Thinking 1.1 tonight. Could go either way.

Good call.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

If Bisakka is injured it sadly could cost Ole his job over the next few weeks.

I was very happy with his comment on how it’s not about his reputation but about the reputation of the club. He doesn’t need a panic buy just to get a few results and be saddled with a player on a huge five year contract with a years worth of performance left in him.

Club has to go a year of rebuilding without panicking. Then it will have a base to go from.

The last thing we needed was another Lukaku or Sanchez telling Maguire James and Bisaka how the club operates and what’s acceptable.

I’d say Martial is a gonner too they just arnt admitting it yet. Part of the problem with the club is making kids like him global stars just for signing with the club. The marketing department having a field day once they have five minutes of footage to put together. He’s no Ryan Giggs or David Beckam yet you hear people panicking when it’s mentioned he might leave.

That should be the level you need to get to for admiration, not a nut meg in one game and a beating the keeper with a side foot in the bottom corner four games later.

When is Martial going to be back from his latest injury?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Last game before the January window opens and will play an absolute blinder.

• Advertisement

BDI wrote: »
    Last game before the January window opens and will play an absolute blinder.

And another 5 year contract from Ed.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The last time Arsenal won at Old Trafford is 2006

I can see that changing tonight. It's funny in a sense that utd and Arsenal are polar opposites.

Arsenal have a good attacking
    Utd are limp up front

Arsenal are limp in the back line
    Utd have an okay back line

I rather be in the position of having a good attack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

If we dont score, we won't win

#mickieowen

Trigger wrote: »
    If we dont score, we won't win

#mickieowen

Might sound obvious but we might need to tell the players. 18 goals in last 17 games?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Not sure but I'm guessing he's busy planning his next one

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Greenwood, easily the most in form United player last 2 games

Then Ole starts Pereira & Lingard tonight. Don’t get it.

They offer absolutely zilch

• Advertisement

Anyone find the team yet?

EFuyLTYXkAAUyz0?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Just on Sky Tuanzebe at RB?:eek:

Rashford presumably CF there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ole is determined to break Rashford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

xtal191 wrote: »
    EFuyLTYXkAAUyz0?format=jpg&name=large

James starts twice?

• Advertisement

Playing James on both wings?

Risky starting Rashford if hes not fully fit.

That should be Pereira instead of two James

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Tuanzebe is not a right back ffs

May be controversial but Young must start RB with Rojo or Williams at LB

Reckon we might get battered tonight if Arsenal turn up. Hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Hope to god Ole, the medical team and the players have all made the right calls tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Tuanzebe is not a right back ffs

May be controversial but Young must start RB with Rojo or Williams at LB

Reckon we might get battered tonight if Arsenal turn up. Hope I'm wrong.

Could be Lindelof out there.. he has played RB a good few times.. he is also the first name after DeGea on the United official line up

How does Perreira keep starting, play Rashford on the wing and Greenwood up front

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Hope to god Ole, the medical team and the players have all made the right calls tonight.

I eagerly await Rashford pulling up within the first half, and us having to sub on Greenwood anyway.

Roy keane on mnf.

Arsenal fans not happy with their 11 either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

BDI wrote: »
    Playing James on both wings?

James Garner being thrown in at the deep end:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I eagerly await Rashford pulling up within the first half, and us having to sub on Greenwood anyway.
    He wasn't right for a large amount of that West Ham game then hobbled off.

I can't understand how he would be 100% tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

xtal191 wrote: »
    How does Perreira keep starting, play Rashford on the wing and Greenwood up front

He must have pics of Solskjaer doing something he shouldn't.

It's the only logical reason, he's absolutely muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

There’s many things that annoy me about that line up but Perreira is top of the list. How the hell is he getting so much game time? It’s utterly baffling.

Neville just said like matic and mata like fred cant run what does he be smoking at timee

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

S.M.B. wrote: »
    He wasn't right for a large amount of that West Ham game then hobbled off.

I can't understand how he would be 100% tonight.

PLaying him against Astana was astoundingly stupid. I guess the idea was he'd get goals and confidence, but the whole thing backfired, poor form continues, played 90 minutes he could've done without and was overshadowed by another youth product. He could've been on the bench or something for later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

One thing I'll say about Pereira is that he seems to have a final ball on him. Good at corners, frees, shooting and crossing. His lack of pace and power holds him back but technically he is decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Thank christ we cloned James. Keep up the cloning we have a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

adox wrote: »
    There’s many things that annoy me about that line up but Perreira is top of the list. How the hell is he getting so much game time? It’s utterly baffling.

It's says alot about the club doesn't it.

How the hell he got a contract extension and still at the club is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

James against Chambers could be our best bet tonight. Don’t think Arsenal will sit back and let us have possession so should leave room on the counter.

• Advertisement

Great to have Roy on sky. Would love to see him given a shot of the top job along side a director of football.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement