Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Aubemeang saying he finished after the whistle went.

Replay shows ref blowed after ball was in net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

kerplun k wrote: »
    Stick Pep in there and he wouldn’t do much better. We’re missing quality. Zero creativity in that m/f, and the few chances that m/f do create, there’s no quality up front to finish it.

No matter what way you want to say it, the squad even as is, is still better than how they have been performing since Ole got the Job full time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

TheCitizen wrote: »
    He was the reason for the equalising goal, him and VAR getting it right.

How is that trolling exactly, making an observation?

He was in a place to receive the pass from Axel so he could clear. Chose to go across goal instead which gave the ball away and left McGuire in an impossible position. In no way was it his fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

It’s just shockingly bad. Lack of any structure. Looks like any lack of game plan from the side line. Lack of quality throughout the squad and the one player with really quality yet again ghosts through a game.

It’s as bad if not worse than its ever been. We are just so used to it now it’s hard to see.

Whatever about owners, CEOs etc no manager is going to survive this run of form.

Daniel James the one shining light. Probably exaggerated a bit by the utter dross around him but his fûcking courage would put the rest to shame.

We are going through the motions now. Ole is a dead man walking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

ShaneU wrote: »
    12 points actually :( We are miles behind the contenders, club is a shambles

We were never going to be contenders this year. We were never even going to be close.
    Europa league and luck to maybe get top 4, that was a wonderful season.

It’s going to take 2 or 3 years to get back to where we need to be;

How people still aren’t getting this is baffling.

We are Liverpool from 5 years ago. It’s going to take time, money, and backing a manager even when things go badly!

• Advertisement

Just the 11 points behind Liverpool and its not even October, embarrassing.

It's actually worse than that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Was he not offering an option from a throw in close to that corner? Seemed like a reasonable enough place to be. Don't think you can blame him for PEA being onside.

No. Looking at it now. Maguire is always in the wrong position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Trigger wrote: »
    No matter what way you want to say it, the squad even as is, is still better than how they have been performing since Ole got the Job full time.

Bang on.

This team should be fighting for top 4 but under Ole we are going to be fighting for top 6 which is an embarrassment for the stature of utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

His position for the Arsenal goal that VAR corrected. What was he doing there? 80m for that? I've seen under 12's with a better positional sense. Absolute joke.

Zero lack of knowledge from yourself more like. He was dropping to receive and should have been given the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Positives: Daniel James, he's brilliant, full of confidence. Everything the team should aspire to be. McTominay getting on the scoresheet, great strike

Negatives: The usual. No creativity, no striker to score goals. Individual mistakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Maguire is blameless for that goal btw. Bizarre anyone would want to chime in with the 80m comment over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Yep. The wrong observation.

Your one of these that watches Maguires every move because he cost 80m and signed for Utd. He didn’t have a bad game today and he’s a good signing. Get over it.

Maguire wasn’t at fault at all for the goal.

Looking at the replay is making me more angry.

Young thinks "ill put my hand up crying for offside"

Didn't even try to stop the goal ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Headshot wrote: »
    Bang on.

This team should be fighting for top 4 but under Ole we are going to be fighting for top 6 which is an embarrassment for the stature of utd

This squad? This squad is not top 4, is nowhere near top 4.

Stature? Statuee of history is BS.

We are in a rebuild. One that will take years to accomplish, we are not going to be near the title for a long while.

Changing manager again pushes out that timeframe even further

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Looking at the PEA goal Young the absolute plonker could have easily blocked the shot instead he was too busy strolling back with his hand up looking for the offside.

This kind of Sh!t won’t even be pointed out to him afterwards I assume going on past performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

ShaneU wrote: »
    12 points actually :( We are miles behind the contenders, club is a shambles

Wow even worse. Another game where we fail to score more than one.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

He was in a place to receive the pass from Axel so he could clear. Chose to go across goal instead which gave the ball away and left McGuire in an impossible position. In no way was it his fault.

Who's the leader of that back 4? He's the 80m pound man. It's his fault.

Sky trying to make a big deal of the “offside” goal is just cringeworthy but typical of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Dreadful, dreadful performance. But not surprised.
    Barely even noticed Pogba on the pitch. Not sure about all the bigging up of James on here either...he's the only small positive in a poor team but he's not what I'd call 'brilliant', not by a long shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

We're so reliant on Rashford scoring and so far it isn't fully clicking.

Despite him normally average 11/12 goals in all competitions a year this was looked at as his big chance to grab the striker role and run with it. Maybe too much expectations and faith in this happening has been placed on him.

We let go strikers in the expectation that Rashford with flourish. Hasn't happened yet.

He's not on his own in that regard but he has been missing chances and at times just doesn't look up to it. Maybe it's a confidence thing, but then for us not to have a backup ready to step in is criminal. Martial is of course a huge loss but the depth and planning is very questionable.

I've defended Pogba for a long while but he was given the chance here to be the leader and driving force of the team under a manager willing to give this to him, and to be honest McTominay looks like he's stepped into that role with little competition from Pogba. It does make me question him.

Talked during the summer of my delight of the James signing and I think we can do with a few more of them. Hungry players who give it their all.

I'm not going to turn on Ole, but he needs a reaction on the pitch now to safe his job. He's on thin ice. Yes players are trying to press and counter but we are lacking any cutting edge in front of goal and it's costing us hugely. He needs a purple patch like when he took over if he's to see Winter with us.

kerplun k wrote: »
    Yep. The wrong observation.

Your one of these that watches Maguires every move because he cost 80m and signed for Utd. He didn’t have a bad game today and he’s a good signing. Get over it.
    adox wrote: »
    Maguire wasn’t at fault at all for the goal.

Keep those heads in the sand lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Blarrrrh, I’m signing off. Too upset now after that, I’m too vulnerable right now for reacting negatively to trolling comments. Probably best I just go to bed.

Sky trying to make a big deal of the “offside” goal is just cringeworthy but typical of them.

Good honest answer from De Gea to quell the drama.

Haha. That’s some bs right there.

Jaysus.

You’re embarrassing yourself here.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

The pass should have been better.
    The pass from the arsenal was perfect. Good goal.
    Sloppy pass. I wouldn't blame maguire

What does the fact he is the leader mean anything in this point? He gave his teammate a simple pass back so the ball could be cleared. The young player in a position he wasn’t familiar with just executed a poor pass, simple as that.

You clearly have an agenda against McGuire for some reason and now embarrassing yourself.

Your posts really are clueless.

Way past your bedtime I assume. I can understand why your imagination is running wild here as you haven’t been given your bedtime story yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

If Emery wasn’t such a bottler they could have won that handily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

bennyl10 wrote: »
    We were never going to be contenders this year. We were never even going to be close.

We are Liverpool from 5 years ago. It’s going to take time, money, and backing a manager even when things go badly!

Sick of these excuses.

Look at the attacking football that Lampard and Rogers have their teams playing. They didn't need 2 or 3 years (or signings) and our squad is just as good as Chelsea or Leicester.

Ole has changed his tactics since he got the job permanently and we are now playing turgid negative safety football trying to grind out 1-0 wins.

Performances have fell off a cliff, some players becoming close to anonymous in some games and then they don't get dropped.

This squad? This squad is not top 4, is nowhere near top 4.

Stature? Statuee of history is BS.

United could still challenge for top 4. That they are miles behind the top 2 is irrelevant for that.

And united's stature is important. Very few clubs have the potential to fix such a crises in 1 or 2 windows. United have the financial clout to do that. They'd pay a massive premium, but still possible for united.

Will the current owners do that? That's the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Also on the whole Ole lacking pedigree or being out of his depth.

We've seen plenty of great proven managers come in and struggle since Fergie's departure. Moyes, LVG, and Jose all came in with huge resumes and eventually faced the same issues and fate which Ole is looking at.

I was somewhat foolish maybe to think it would change under Ole, with his legend status forcing the board to change or face the backlash, but going by online most is aimed at the manager again.

Really don't want us to fall into the rinse repeat nonsense we've been enduring but looks to be the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Whats baffling is that some people cannot judge performances on their own merits, even within the wider context of a rebuild.

- United are in a rebuild
    - United are playing far worse than they should be.

Both of these sentences can be true at the same time.

Your posts really are clueless.

Way past your bedtime I assume. I can understand why your imagination is running wild here as you haven’t been given your bedtime story yet.

I meant to post in the generic EPL thread. Posted here cos there was no match thread for that dross game I watched. United threw that away.

Brón orm that I thread on your sensibilities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Good honest answer from De Gea to quell the drama.

Agreed. Despite the interviewers best attempts to drag him down a particular route.

Ole saying Rashford is 100%

He hasn't been 100% for the last 6 months

Suppose you could actually blame Maguire for every goal United concede this season. Sure he’s “the 80m pound man” afterall.

Ole juat said Rashford was 100% fit. Maybe he just wasn’t ar$ed.

Haha. That’s some bs right there.

Jaysus.

Really? I thought if he was to be your main man defender and that he'd be organising the defence? Not too much to ask for 80m I would have thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Really don't want us to fall into the rinse repeat nonsense we've been enduring but looks to be the case.

Nobody does, but the trap is to give Ole time for the wrong reasons.

A- Has Ole earned more time in the job, does he merit it on his own performances?

B- Or is he getting it because other managers failed and the club don't want to keep changing?

I want it to be the A but I'm concerned that it is B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,841 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Positives: Daniel James, he's brilliant, full of confidence. Everything the team should aspire to be. McTominay getting on the scoresheet, great strike

Negatives: The usual. No creativity, no striker to score goals. Individual mistakes.

100%..

Young as captain doesn’t fill me with any joy, there is no positive to that appointment. Experience alone doesn’t qualify a person to hold a leadership position. A guy made captain who is in a stage of his career where he is almost out the door by virtue of his age and decline in fitness and ability. In any walk of life a leader first and foremost is someone who performs and produces consistently. Experience is secondary or should be. Being a positive influence around the dressing room ? Secondary too....leading by example...performances is EVERYTHING...Young is not a leader....behind the scenes influential perhaps he’s been a good pro, captain material? Not for me...

• 4 shots at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Young for Aubemayangs' goal was poor.

Had hand in air rather that sprinting back. Though it was very stupid considering the use of VAR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,794 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

The fact you have Ashley Young starting for you says it all really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Whats baffling is that some people cannot judge performances on their own merits, even within the wider context of a rebuild.

- United are in a rebuild
    - United are playing far worse than they should be.

Both of these sentences can be true at the same time.

They can be, but the rebuild has included 2 defenders, who make the team better defensively, but don't necessarily make the team play better in a significant way.

We wont see a real improvement until we see a top quality creative midfielder/10 and a striker signed. We've nobody to play through and nobody to finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

MD1990 wrote: »
    Young for Aubemayangs' goal was poor.

Had hand in air rather that sprinting back. Though it was very stupid considering the use of VAR

****ing brainless more like :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭This is it

Really? I thought if he was to be your main man defender and that he'd be organising the defence? Not too much to ask for 80m I would have thought.

I hope you're trying to troll United fans, if not you haven't a notion. Best ignored either way I suppose :)

Ole juat said Rashford was 100% fit. Maybe he just wasn’t ar$ed.

Not sure you can say he didn’t put an effort in in fairness. Actually looked more comfortable on the right.

Certainly disappointed he didn’t get a shot off when Pogba set him free. Has to do better in those situations.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement