Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Decent start better then other games imo

Wait until AZ realize United are not the superpower team their name suggests and AZ get stronger as the game progresses. I think the United name still instills fear for some European teams, until they play us and realize how average we are . .

• Decent start better then other games imo

For who!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Drumpot wrote: »
    Wait until AZ realize United are not the superpower team their name suggests and AZ get stronger as the game progresses. I think the United name still instills fear for some European teams, until they play us and realize how average we are . .

Already there by the look of it

Drumpot wrote: »

Ive been very critical of UNited this season but AZ are no mugs and this is our 2nd team more or less, which is what I wanted to see in this comp so I wont be getting worked over this game

Only a matter of time before we conceed

• Advertisement

How is there no yellow for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,839 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

That attacking fûcking top four, the club should just be embarrassed. No fit strikers, little Daniel James on his own up front, you couldn’t make it up..:rolleyes: two other kids and Juan ‘I’ve all the mobility of a 70 year old’ Mata as an attacking ‘platform’ in behind...

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Spideog Rua

Dare I say it, we look poorly coached in our last two games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It's ****ing ridiculous only one player in the box for that cross from Dalot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Headshot wrote: »
    It's ****ing ridiculous only one player in the box for that cross from Dalot
    That’s happening too often and at this stage I’m wondering is it not covered at training?!

• Advertisement

KH25 wrote: »
    That’s happening too often and at this stage I’m wondering is it not covered at training?!

I think there's a host of things not covered at training at this stage

James and Dalot look promising together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Headshot wrote: »
    I think there's a host of things not covered at training at this stage

Were the same things not covered under the last 3 managers too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Dalot is awful defensively.

beno619 wrote: »
    Dalot is an awful defensively.

Another player ‘doing a job’. Played in defense he doesn’t have the defensive reliability especially positioning, played further forward he won’t beat a player on his own..

• beno619 wrote: »
    Dalot is an awful defensively.

I agree but Play him as an actual right wing forward
    He's good in attack

Fred once again with the sloppy pass. It's so infuriating.

Strumms wrote: »
    Another player ‘doing a job’. Played in defense he doesn’t have the defensive reliability especially positioning, played further forward he won’t beat a player on his own..

he is good in an attacking sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Liam O wrote: »
    Were the same things not covered under the last 3 managers too?

This is a hell of a lot worse than anything since Fergie left

Game after game nobody is attacking the ball in the box ironically the manager was a great goal poacher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

AZ are playing like a Brighton or West Ham it's frustrating football for the players to endure trying to make a break while getting caught out with AZ playing off players for throws and corners it keeps the passage of play going in their favor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

This one time at band camp I read dalot would surprise people...

Surprised face.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Spideog Rua

Fred looks out of his depth even at this level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

AZ doing what sides have been doing to us for a few years. Whenever we get into their half they fall back into a compact shape, defending the width of their box, and challenge us to play through them.

And surprise surprise we can’t. Our movement is awful, let alone being able to pick a pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

It’s becoming normal now for us to struggle against these average sides. Serious lack of quality. Hopefully we nick it but won’t be surprised to see us lose this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

That was a steaming pile of poop.

Fred is bizarre. It’s like they seen a fast fella running for the bus and decided to give him a trial.

• Regardless of personell or opposition the tactics or lack thereof is the same stuff week in week out now. Flat in possession, no movement in front, nobody making runs into the six yard box, predictable to defend against

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

AZ are playing like a Brighton or West Ham it's frustrating football for the players to endure trying to make a break while getting caught out with AZ playing off players for throws and corners it keeps the passage of play going in their favor

We are playing like Brighton

Nuts102 wrote: »
    This is a hell of a lot worse than anything since Fergie left

Game after game nobody is attacking the ball in the box ironically the manager was a great goal poacher

That’s our problem we just can’t get it tactically right whereby we have people running forward to market themselves available for a forward pass, no attacking instinct, no attacking formula, no strikers to attack the ball, 4-6-0, it doesn’t matter what formation is put up on sky, what the forza app says it’s 4-6-0...that’s not going to win you many games regardless of the quality of the opposition...it’s a terrible indictment on ANY professional football team the world over, regardless of league or ambitions, club stature etc...

The fact that it’s happening at United is mind blowing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

United have lost all semblance of class and ability. If it weren't for the jerseys and you told me this was Wolves I would say they were playing poorly. I want Ole to be supported but if the team's style and method of play means they have no idea how to score a goal then at some point you have to draw a line and support someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

The poster three posts below is a better footballer than Fred.

I agree but Play him as an actual right wing forward
    He's good in attack

No Dalot is decent going forward for a full back. He is not decent going forward as a winger. Strong enough defensively to be a winger but not strong enough defensively to be a full back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Me then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Lads theres nobody taking on defenders. Theres nobody out there that looks like they want to score, imagine being 21 and playing for united in europe upfront. You would be breakin yer bollix everytime it even looked like coming forward or into the box.

Like its pretty ****in basic stuff. Do players not bother taking on defenders anymore?

It’s a league-worst 218 days and counting since Manchester United scored from a set-piece

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

**** sake

Just turned on the game.... Thought it started at 8

ankles wrote: »
    It’s a league-worst 218 days and counting since Manchester United scored from a set-piece

I’d take one going in off the physio carrying the stretcher at this fûcking point...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    **** sake

Your lucky.

• Rossi IRL wrote: »
    **** sake

Trust me, be happy you are late

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    **** sake

All together now...... you missed nothing

• Advertisement

Oh dear jebus

BDI wrote: »
    No Dalot is decent going forward for a full back. He is not decent going forward as a winger. Strong enough defensively to be a winger but not strong enough defensively to be a full back.

Are you not familiar with our right wing options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

It’s genuinely mad that these players play football 6 days a week with eachother.

It’s genuinely mad that these players play football 6 days a week with eachother.

And get paid tens of thousands for the privilege.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Are you not familiar with our right wing options

Bojan Djordic probably the best.

• Sleep inducing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Somebody should be packing Fred's bags for him at this stage.

Glazers Out!

Fred again.

It's so infuriating that his guy is still at the club, it was some waste of money but it sums up utd in the transfer market tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

At least when Andreas plays he has the decency to be somewhat anonymous ultimately neither good or bad.

More often than not Fred is noticed for being a hindrance to United.

Young lad at left back busts his nuts. Runs through the field and gives it to greenwood for the one two. Greenwood passes back to the rest of the defence.

Depressing

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement