Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

0 shots on target, from the manager whose ENTIRE selling point was "we might struggle with results, but the football will be exciting!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Lampard took over Chelsea, unable to use the transfer window to buy but has done well, scoring goals and have a particular pattern of play. Uniteds win against them was a freak..

Ole took over United, nothing seems to have changed from the LvG days, sideways passing, unable to break teams down and lots of muscular injuries.

Serious questions need to be asked of the medical and sports science team

They have better players and a clear idea of how they want to play. I don't know what has happened between last season and this. Obviously selling without buying in attack has set them back but Rashford, Lingard, Mata, heck even Pogba who wasn't that great with his running to begin with look a step slower this season and everything is static. Nobody breaking the lines or making themselves available or forcing the issue. It's so thin at the front too. Martial injured and then who's there? How did nobody see this coming.

Rashford looked good when he came on at least tonight. Maybe he can get his fitness back, I thought he would have come into this season at absolutely top condition and be a legitimate option. James has looked good at times but is he top class? I don't believe so. Rashford and Martial have top class potential but aren't going to develop further unless there is experience brought in with them. Martial seems quite injury prone and when he's not he's barely interested. There's legitimately space for 3 more attackers and that's damning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Another crap game marked by a complete and utter lack of anything resembling a style of play. What happened to all the hard pressing and fast running that the team were supposedly being fittened up to thrive in?

It is becoming more and more clear that there is a huge problem on the bench, quite apart from the weak players and incompetent board.

Here are two posts I made back in April/May:
    Its the same first team coaches as well, when Ole says the team aren't fit enough what does Carrick and McKenna say to that?

I just hope it isn't a case of Ole continuing to pull out some stock "not fit enough" excuse, people aren't mugs and it won't reflect well on him.
    One other point. While I detest the players more than most fans seem to, it must also be said that there are some coaches there that are clearly not fit for purpose.

Carrick, McKenna, they are supposed to be coaching these players, just what sort of standards are they allowing in their training sessions?

They get zero criticism from anybody but the proof is in the pudding and the coaching is clearly a problem.
    The players are objectively worse than they were under Mourinho, and that wasn't a high bar to begin with. They are getting worse and at some point the coaches need to answer for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Full in fear now that the worst is yet to come and we will have to hit rock bottom before changes are made.

We have no semblance of a game plan and the players just don’t have a clue how to create.

We have nothing in midfield. No creativity, no pace, no ambition, no leaders and no imagination.

It’s going to take a number if transfer windows before things get any better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

DM7I_60XkAYNicy.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Full in fear now that the worst is yet to come and we will have to hit rock bottom before changes are made.

We have no semblance of a game plan and the players just don’t have a clue how to create.

We have nothing in midfield. No creativity, no pace, no ambition, no leaders and no imagination.

It’s going to take a number if transfer windows before things get any better.

Ironically I actually think LVG would do quite well with the group that are there. They really lack direction but there is technique there but the lack of a defined system and confidence going forward is really holding them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jamemid

We are so ****. No gameplan at all
    Have to be the most boring team in the league.
    Ole looks completely out of his depth,the squad lacks quality all over the pitch but we should be playing better than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

I've said it during Louis and Joses reign and again now under Ole but there is something far deeper and inheritently wrong at Manchester United.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Newcastle fan here, its going to be one shocking game on Sunday!!

But look on the bright side , ye are playing the one team in a bigger hole of ****e than yourselves at the minute and will probably get yer 3 points.

Aside from poch, who would utd fans want the job given to if ole got sacked in the morning?? Not too many out of work.

If we lose our next two games do you think ole will be gone?

• Advertisement

Arsenals B team 2 up after only 15 minutes. And we couldn't manage a shot on target in 90. Good grief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

I've said it during Louis and Joses reign and again now under Ole but there is something far deeper and inheritently wrong at Manchester United.

Its full of overpaid snakes and leeches who dont have a ****ing clue about their jobs who are hiding behind the shadow of a previous era or legacy. They are found in every facet of the club. Where there is money is where these cancers are found.

A good irish example of such a ****hole would be rte.

Jamemid wrote: »

Yep. Hes gone anyway, its just a matter of when.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Wonder what that could be..

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

kona wrote: »
    Its full of overpaid snakes and leeches who dont have a ****ing clue about their jobs who are hiding behind the shadow of a previous era or legacy. They are found in every facet of the club. Where there is money is where these cancers are found.

Totally agree. I think the rot goes far deeper than most realise.

Its not just players underperforming and need moving on but alot of other sectors of the club need clearing out.

Can anyone tell me what McKenna and Carrick do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

Only Ed Woodward would fcuk his own decent idea up. His original idea of the interim manager made sense, then but then he ****s it by appointing him full time.

tastyt wrote: »
    Newcastle fan here, its going to be one shocking game on Sunday!!

But look on the bright side , ye are playing the one team in a bigger hole of ****e than yourselves at the minute and will probably get yer 3 points.

Aside from poch, who would utd fans want the job given to if ole got sacked in the morning?? Not too many out of work.

I think ye will take us, we cant break defensive blocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Arsenals B team 2 up after only 15 minutes. And we couldn't manage a shot on target in 90. Good grief.

Nice assist from Tierney too. We should have went to sign him too. Cracking player

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Jamemid wrote: »

I'd say if we lose our next 3 PL games , Woodward will pull the trigger. Not saying he should be sacked because god knows where we go from there. Lose against Newcastle, Liverpool and Norwich and that's probably the end of Ole.

We can probably expect a loss against Liverpool with the form they're in but the manner of the performance is going to be huge. If the players can't get going for that game, Ole is going to be the one in trouble at the end of the day. Follow that up with a loss away to Norwich and that's probably the final nail in the coffin.

Depressing times , like others have said, there is definitely deeper underlying issues at the club behind the scenes.

Only Ed Woodward would fcuk his own decent idea up. His original idea of the interim manager made sense, then but then he ****s it by appointing him full time.

4 different managers, same results and stagnant football.

Its not just the managers that are wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

kona wrote: »

A good irish example of such a ****hole would be rte.

One thing Fergie did before signing anyone he looked at the players character. Who their friends were and got to know their family first. Made sure they were upto it and were signing for the right reasons.

Moneybags Ed by being seen to be throwing money around has attracted the leeches, mercenaries and dirtball agents. Pretty much every signing is coming for the money, they couldn't care less about the club or trying to win anything.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

xtal191 wrote: »

Please tell me those are fake quotes. Surely not. If that's what he said, then we are in even deeper trouble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I'd say if we lose our next 3 PL games , Woodward will pull the trigger. Not saying he should be sacked because god knows where we go from there. Lose against Newcastle, Liverpool and Norwich and that's probably the end of Ole.

We can probably expect a loss against Liverpool with the form they're in but the manner of the performance is going to be huge. If the players can't get going for that game, Ole is going to be the one in trouble at the end of the day. Follow that up with a loss away to Norwich and that's probably the final nail in the coffin.

Depressing times , like others have said, there is definitely deeper underlying issues at the club behind the scenes.

For some reason Liverpool in recent years seem to have shown us way too much respect at Old Trafford, they really should be comfortably beating us in a few weeks time.

I reckon Norwich and Liverpool matches are 2 guaranteed loses. Newcastle id expect a draw.

How can he come out and say that after that crap. Take out the Chelsea game and we have been abysmal all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

that was shocking stuff. Bereft of ideas. players and manager both.

with better players Ole will still struggle. With a better manager the players will improve.

Ole so far out of his depth he needs to go. Every time it flicked to him on the sideline he was either smiling (why?) or attempting to give instruction - and he looked limp as **** doing that. Almost like he forgot what he was going to say or realised no one was listening to him.

Cannot buy players but can sure as **** change managers. Who? Dont really know: Pellegrini, Laudrup maybe? He played some good stuff a few years back. Ajax manager? Prob should have approached Nagelsmann in the summer. There's defo far better managers out there and available than Ole. God, he's useless

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

I think ye will take us, we cant break defensive blocks

I think ye will break a block than includes Paul dummett and Emile krafth though.

On a more serious note though Sunday will show part of the problem, both clubs fans are almost too loyal.

There will be 50k plus in the stadium plus the usual great away united support. Both owners take that for granted and don't give a toss.

The fat **** Ashley doesnt even try to hide it, its a money making effort. Sack Rafa and pay Sheffield wednesday to get Bruce, you couldn't make it up.

I think the glazers are the same. They treat united as some sort of entertainment company, has woodward there to guide the ship to huge profit and they don't give a **** about uniteds history or whats going on on the pitch.

The only way they will ever care is if people stop paying to come to watch and buying the merchandise. Its sad

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I don't know what he's smoking, but it must be some good stuff.

tastyt wrote: »
    I think ye will break a block than includes Paul dummett and Emile krafth though.

On a more serious note though Sunday will show part of the problem, both clubs fans are almost too loyal.

There will be 50k plus in the stadium plus the usual great away united support. Both owners take that for granted and don't give a toss.

The fat **** Ashley doesnt even try to hide it, its a money making effort. Sack Rafa and pay Sheffield wednesday to get Bruce, you couldn't make it up.

I think the glazers are the same. They treat united as some sort of entertainment company, has woodward there to guide the ship to huge profit and they don't give a **** about uniteds history or whats going on on the pitch.

The only way they will ever care is if people stop paying to come to watch and buying the merchandise. Its sad

Ya very good point, Ashley is a disgrace and is just bleeding Ye for all he can get, i think he is happy to see the club going up and down between the premier league and championship to keep costs down without effecting profits too much.

A shocking way for an owner to run a club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Said it so many times ! Jose should never of been sacked !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Missed the game.

Were we very good or just good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,837 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Liam O wrote: »
    Ironically I actually think LVG would do quite well with the group that are there. They really lack direction but there is technique there but the lack of a defined system and confidence going forward is really holding them back.

You could have a bullet proof attacking ‘system’ on paper but if you don’t have the forward line talent to put plans and system into action you might as well just forget about it...and we don’t, so forget about it.

I’ll fûcking say it again... a front four of ...James, Gomes, mata, Greenwood... that’s a whole load of fûcking NOTHING. Borderline championship ability at this stage anyway...not a hope of top four you can kiss goodbye to that expectation now. 6th is realistic perhaps.

Let’s have the stats from that game do the talking....

We averaged a shot at their goal, EVERY 30 minutes.

During 90 minutes we managed Z E R O attempts on target.

Against a team of also rans in the Dutch Eredivise.

We are fûcked, we are years away from challenging for the top honors.

To do it that side needs a 200 million overhaul approximately. We are short about 5 players.... 3 of whom need to be attackers...

It would be foolhardy to expect it in one window but not to have acquired even a SINGLE attacking talent after our problems last season shows gross incompetence on the behalf of people who earn millions a year, to make decisions to enable success and competition for this team, club and fans.... it’s despicable....but...

There is no quick fix here, worse before it gets better. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Very happy with the boys, we come away with a good performance

I like Ole but this quote is an absolute embarrassment to himself, the side and the club.

How can you be happy with a team that doesn't have a shot on target or happy with a good performance for the same reason.

It's a complete and utter discredit to the fans who traveled and less so, those who had to sit through 90 minutes and more of that dross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

If Ole has really said that quote, then it is plain embarrassing for the man himself considering AZ should have had 1 definite penalty and had by far the better chances(I'm not even sure you could class any of ours as chances).

The last couple of months of Jose's reign the football was poor as the players seemed to down tools and not follow instructions.

Under Ole's reign the football is poor as there seems to be no plan/instructions for the players to follow.

This is more than a slump. This is "the form" under Ole, and has been since before the PSG game. He looks devoid of any tactical nous and it is clear he is completely in over his head in the job. Anyone who still thinks he is up to the job, is as deluded as Ole in his post match comments.

Ok, Ole is just a patsy. I’ve lost 100% of the respect I had for the guy... “very happy with the boys, we come away with a good performance”. You dumb groveling shît you managed a Manchester United team who managed not to get one shot on target against a team of Dutch mid tablers. He’s a sham, sorry to say it but no getting away from it. It’s going to get worse before better too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Strumms wrote: »
    Against a team of also rans in the Dutch Eredivise.

We are fûcked, we are years away from challenging for the top honors.
    Poor performance and I'd have little issue if this was in isolation. A little worrying that it's another bang average performance.

Saying that we were up against "also rans" is a little harsh though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Last 10 away games in all comps - 6 losses, 4 draws.

Saw that posted on Reddit. Is it true? Jesus Christ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

You could give him 10 transfer windows and he wouldn't turn it around.

There hasn't been a manager more out of his depth at a club since John Carver at Newcastle or Steve Kean at Blackburn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Said it so many times ! Jose should never of been sacked !

Yep. I said it at the time , we needed him more then he needed us. He wasn’t going to put up with an unambitious board that failed to support him pushing the team further up and why should he? Jose wanted United to succeed more then anybody else at that club and he paid dearly for not accepting mediocrity. And he paid with abuse from media and some fans for calling the team out when they under performed. He really couldn’t win...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,044 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

What. A. Game.

Have to admit I was a little cynical going in given recent results but when we nearly had that shot on target I was ole oleing wildly in my underpants.

• Advertisement

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Poor performance and I'd have little issue if this was in isolation. A little worrying that it's another bang average performance.

Saying that we were up against "also rans" is a little harsh though.

Well, they have the season to prove me wrong but ‘sitting pretty’ in also ran territory is what I’d be expecting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

One a side note...........just watching Martinelli for Arsenal. His movement and strikers instinct around the box is a world apart from Rashford. And he's only 18!!

Strumms wrote: »
    Well, they have the season to prove me wrong but ‘sitting pretty’ in also ran territory is what I’d be expecting...

Be a miracle to finish top 6 with ole in charge

Marcus Rashford.... including international and domestic games the guy averages just a little better than one goal every FIVE appearances.... and here you have a manager in Ole... “I know, I’ll play him on his own up front”. You have a board of directors... “ nooo we won’t release more funds to enable more forward attacking quality and depth.”

A fûckin shîtshow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭davehey79

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Damien360

davehey79 wrote: »

That’s a disgrace. He would have been better off saying nothing. The quotes are not out of context and the question wasn’t a trick question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

A shìtshow, a feckin shìtshow, that's the only comment I can make at the moment..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,044 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

"A good performance and a good point."

That's the worst thing I've ever heard. Including that time I was told we had to put down the dog.

Call Zlatan. Because this is embarrassing.

Meanwhile on the United Instagram.... “our boy Brandon put in a shift tonight”

Congratulations to the lad for putting on a shirt, making an effort and contributing to a United draw, against AZ.... this is now what you are up against...well done for “putting in a shift”. That is expected dipshîts regardless of age or experience.

The club, going on social media, congratulating players, for working hard, for contributing to a draw against Dutch also rans...

NEXT.... “ well done to the lads, on a hard earned draw, away to Bournmouth”

You couldn’t make it up..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I keep thinking I can't see worse United teams over the last few years but they keep breaking through the bottom of another barrel.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement