Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

As a brightside, good to see tuanzebe being involved but **** me thats a depressing squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Keane would be an absolute car crash tbh, why bring him in to give out ****e to lingard, saying play for the badge etc.

How about just get rid of the absolute ****e and keane wouldnt be needed

Couldn't do much worse than the last 4.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Couldn't do much worse than the last 4.

I disagree whole heartadly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,005 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Yep, look at it and imagine that lot accruing enough points to get us a top four finish. The talent just isn’t there...sorry. I’m saying 6th. We pick up a couple of injuries and we are royally fûcked.

Best thing that could happen is that globally the fans act. Hit the glazers in the only place they care about.... their pockets. Stop buying shirts, merchandise, MUTV subscriptions etc... when that happens the rats will leave the sinking ship, it will take some saving but best to start from scratch with the right people at the helm as opposed to these leach wankbags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

Just saw this on reddit
    On: Form / Newcastle Game

"Of course you don't enjoy not winning games," he told Sky Sports. "You put your heart, life and soul into this job. If you win games you are happier, your mood changes but it doesn't mean your performances have been better - results change mood.

"For us to get a result [at Newcastle] is vital now. I think it will change the mood.

"The boys can go away on their international break and freshen up their heads."

On: Fans

"The fans are great I have to say. It's easy to be positive when I see them, they have been very positive with me. They see what you are doing and they keep going.

"We want to pay them back for their loyalty and support by getting better results and better performances. I can assure them we are working hard to do so."

On: Fitness and Injuries

"You have to be fit in modern football and we haven't worked them too hard, no,"

"The work has been great. I trust my staff, the sports science, the physios and the coaches - they're great, absolutely spot on.

"If you see the work behind the scenes, if you were in my shoes, you'd say 'there are things happening that are going the right way'.

"The injuries we have had are frustrating of course but they are part and parcel of being a footballer."

On: Rom & his replacement

"I can say [I am a striker short], but that was the decision that I made and I made it happily."

"When you have players, [they may have] great potential, but Romelu's head was not here for us working forward as a group.

"I don't want to speak too much about other players. I have got lots of respects for Romelu but his time was up here.

"We are very happy with the recruitment we did. Towards the end the right one we just didn't get him over the line.

"You'd rather bite the bullet and wait because you don't want to spend big amounts of money on something that you are not sure of."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11827950/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-says-man-utd-win-at-newcastle-vital-to-change-mood

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

The Keane type of mentality needs to be walking across the white line and not stood at the side line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I disagree whole heartadly

Well we'll never find out regardless.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Strumms wrote: »
    Yep, look at it and imagine that lot accruing enough points to get us a top four finish. The talent just isn’t there...sorry. I’m saying 6th. We pick up a couple of injuries and we are royally fûcked.

Best thing that could happen is that globally the fans act. Hit the glazers in the only place they care about.... their pockets. Stop buying shirts, merchandise, MUTV subscriptions etc... when that happens the rats will leave the sinking ship, it will take some saving but best to start from scratch with the right people at the helm as opposed to these leach wankbags.

Ive heard this argument a lot, as in stop buying jerseys, merchandise etc.
    Not sure when you've been to old trafford last but its full of foreigners. The asian market is huge and belittles the uk and irish side.
    Not calling you out btw for the OT shout but its crazy.
    We are only a miniscule here but the other side of the world is huge and there hardly going to protest and all that.

Its a marketing game and as long as the glazers are making money they dont give a ****.

Ive heard this argument a lot, as in stop buying jerseys, merchandise etc.
    Not sure when you've been to old trafford last but its full of foreigners. The asian market is huge and belittles the uk and irish side.
    Not calling you out btw for the OT shout but its crazy.
    We are only a miniscule here but the other side of the world is huge and there hardly going to protest and all that.

Its a marketing game and as long as the glazers are making money they dont give a ****.

Haven’t been over since 2016.. connection then had us in the Stretford End and for a couple of games before that too in the nosebleeds in the North Stand.... always a decent Asian contingent but Brits and Irish the dominant demographic.

I agree, if the shirts and merch are selling hand over fist from Australia to Zambia the Glazers are sleeping in pools of cash and that to some people is all that life is about...a trophy or two is only a bonus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Even Big Ron was able to put out a better first 11 (injuries and boozing notwithstanding) than you'd get from that sorry crew-the quality must be at its lowest since the late 70s...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

xtal191 wrote: »

Well this is infuriating read and just gets worse for ole's qualifications to be the UTD manager.

Headshot wrote: »
    Well this is infuriating read and just gets worse for ole's qualifications to be the UTD manager.

If you are the Newcastle boss....

“Look at how they have been playing, a disjointed, undisciplined tactically headless rabble, now you have their manager come out with this about them ! They are as fragile as fûck, top to bottom, stick to our game plan and be disciplined and play for each other and we beat these”.

We are gonna struggle, for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Very few united supporters still post here.

100 per cent going to give ole time. If they come 16th this year I will still give him time.

Hopefully the rest of the doom merchants can. I think they enjoy the gloom a bit too much though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

BDI wrote: »

100 per cent going to give ole time. If they come 16th this year I will still give him time.

Hopefully the rest of the doom merchants can. I think they enjoy the gloom a bit too much though.

Yeah it’s truly baffling as to why. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,498 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Who are you really?

‘Time’ is not going to put trophies on shelves. We require a tactically astute man manager, who knows his own mind, who will be receiving the backing, tools and resources from the board to put together a winning team, a winning mentality.... winning when not playing at their best, winning when playing well and at their best, winning when playing better opponents, crucifying weaker ones.... WINNING must be the core vocabulary, core mindset, core expectation as regards EVERYTHING at the club...performances, signing first choice players etc... but especially as regards when that fûcking team steps onto the pitch against everyone and anyone...

Limp wristed excuses from Ole when we drop points... not good enough

Failures in the transfer market to address key weaknesses... not good enough

Ed Woodward and his gimp mask esque horizontal smile... not good enough

We know what’s wrong, not fixing it... not good enough

Welbeck is still welbeck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

So, this thread is just never ending is it? Thought they normally wrap them up by 10k posts. Must have been no reported posts in the thread the last while I assume as we know the mods and admins are on the ball round these parts :)

Can't wait for the game today, nothing better than watching the team huff and puff and do **** all. Newcastle are maybe worse than us right now, but they may just have a goal in them and that's all anybody needs anymore.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Normally the buckfast brigade arrive at this hour, shame really. Was looking forward to reading another Sunday morning rant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

If Man Utd lost today and the upper echelons had decided to let Ole go, would it be better to do it before or after the Liverpool game?

• West Ham beaten by Palace at home

Sums up how muck we are :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Just watched MoTD this morning.
    Ha, The Liverpool penalty.... that’s some serious bullsh1t right there. Can you imagine the media backlash if we got that penalty in the same conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

West Ham beaten by Palace at home

Sums up how muck United are when both those sides have beaten them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

West Ham beaten by Palace at home

I hate to break it to you pal but both West ham and Palace beat you, in fact Palace beat you at ot just over a month ago, I understand how you wouldn't remember all these defeats though, can't be easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

kerplun k wrote: »
    Ha, The Liverpool penalty.... that’s some serious bullsh1t right there. Can you imagine the media backlash if we got that penalty in the same conditions.

You need to get in the box to get a pen

• Advertisement

• shamrock55 wrote: »
    You need to get in the box to get a pen

Fair point :P

https://youtu.be/7GoCJO-NfmE

I forgot to post this at the time.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

I thought it was a peno.

adox wrote: »
    I thought it was a peno.

There was contact, and there was a dive. But yeah, once given as a penalty by the ref that was never going to be overruled. I feel it would have stayed as called either way actually. No complaints about it, it's not even relevant to us anyway. Who gives a **** what they do? Liverpool are far from our biggest concern at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Spideog Rua

I'm dreading the game today, but I'll still watch it. For my sins...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'm eagerly anticipating the game. It's a pretty big game in terms of what the impact the various results could have on the club.

Will it be champagne football? Probably not.

I feel there's a lot more on the line than if we were ticking away nicely on track for a top 4 finish.

There was contact, and there was a dive. But yeah, once given as a penalty by the ref that was never going to be overruled. I feel it would have stayed as called either way actually. No complaints about it, it's not even relevant to us anyway. Who gives a **** what they do? Liverpool are far from our biggest concern at the minute.

Yeah. Your right. But it’s still kinda annoying when stuff for them gets swept under the rug, but if any soft decision goes our way it gets blown up. Anyhews, onto today’s game. Really, really could do with a positive performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

My problem is I guarantee the same tackle in another game (any pl team) will be done and the same ref won't give it and var won't overrule it, it's the consistency that will piss me off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Yeah. Your right. But it’s still kinda annoying when stuff for them gets swept under the rug, but if any soft decision goes our way it gets blown up. Anyhews, onto today’s game. Really, really could do with a positive performance.

I've watched every game this year bar one and I've yet to see a positive performance, I wont hold my breath.

Hococop wrote: »
    My problem is I guarantee the same tackle in another game (any pl team) will be done and the same ref won't give it and var won't overrule it, it's the consistency that will piss me off

Yeah. If that was Daniel James, he’d be on his 3rd yellow now for diving, with every pundit and their dog asking for Ole to publicly lynch James for bringing the game into disrepute. :D

I've watched every game this year bar one and I've yet to see a positive performance, I wont hold my breath.

Leicester and Chelski

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Who are you really?

No idea what you mean here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

No idea what you mean here.

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Tough game today but hope Ole gets it done. Wouldn't want to be facing a new manager at Old Trafford in a couple of weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭jaykay74

ricero wrote: »
    Tough game today but hope Ole gets it done. Wouldn't want to be facing a new manager at Old Trafford in a couple of weeks time.

You wouldnt want to be facing Utd with a new manager ? Jesus lad have some confidence in yourself, no matter what you should be hitting us for 3 or 4 either way. And just like our previous 9 games we will score either zero goals or 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

jaykay74 wrote: »
    You wouldnt want to be facing Utd with a new manager ? Jesus lad have some confidence in yourself, no matter what you should be hitting us for 3 or 4 either way. And just like our previous 9 games we will score either zero goals or 1.
    Shhh they are always the underdog dontcha know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

What planet are you on?

There's borderline outrage about the penalty being given

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

I expect a draw or a one nil victory for Utd. If Newcastle score it’s hard to see us winning the game.

If Newcastle win, the pressure really will be ramped up on Ole.

The state of that travelling squad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

The social media team don't help matters showing old goals scored against Newcastle from years gone by. What a miserable state to see the players back then to the players in the squad today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bmcc10 wrote: »
    The social media team don't help matters showing old goals scored against Newcastle from years gone by. What a miserable state to see the players back then to the players in the squad today.

Well they are hardly gonna post up anything for the last few years, would make them lose followers :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

jaykay74 wrote: »

The guy has been saying get Eddie Howe in the last week or so. He's obviously terrified...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I hate to break it to you pal but both West ham and Palace beat you, in fact Palace beat you at ot just over a month ago, I understand how you wouldn't remember all these defeats though, can't be easy

If you watched both games you'd know there was a big difference between them despite them both being losses. But I'd bet you didn't and just banked the results for point scoring nonsense.

Neville is such an apologist for the club recently he is sickening to listen to now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

I think today is going to be a tough slog but hoping for a win, reckon it will be a very luck 2-1 to United.

What I would like to see is more movement from players off the ball. The lack of movement off the ball is shocking as is the amount of United players who stand stationary or light jog in the final third..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Trigger wrote: »
    Well they are hardly gonna post up anything for the last few years, would make them lose followers :(

Ashley Youngs highlights perhaps. Captain, Leader, Legend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement