Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,498 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Neville is such an apologist for the club recently he is sickening to listen to now

It is actually remarkable the extent to which Neville twists himself in knots trying to avoid criticising his mate. And Keane did it as well, which surprised me a little.

I can see a very bad result coming today, dropping points to this Newcastle side would be a disgraceful result but I just can't see any sign that United are going to play any differently than they have all season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Ashley Youngs highlights perhaps. Captain, Leader, Legend.

Trying to start a fight during every pre season friendly this year.

United will smash Newcastle today. Bookmark
    It.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Neville is such an apologist for the club recently he is sickening to listen to now

On similar note, it’s amazing how quiet Paul Scholes has gotten in recent times. Couldn’t go a day without moaning about Jose’s United, but nowhere to be seen now that Ole is in charge....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We might be a mid table club but losing to Newcastle today is just not imaginable.

At that point the question of whether Ole should be kept or not doesn’t exist anymore, because we will be in a genuine relegation battle if we can’t get something out of today.

I’m going with a 1-0 with Greenwood or Rashford on the scoresheet, and early lead which we will defend for our lives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

BDI wrote: »
    United will smash Newcastle today. Bookmark
    It.

Bet they won't.

Bookmark.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

It is actually remarkable the extent to which Neville twists himself in knots trying to avoid criticising his mate. And Keane did it as well, which surprised me a little.

I can see a very bad result coming today, dropping points to this Newcastle side would be a disgraceful result but I just can't see any sign that United are going to play any differently than they have all season.

He really is a joke, ya i had wondered about keane but maybe he finds it easier to criticise players due to him being a great player and not managers, that or he was told to clean up his act pr wise.

While Newcastle are crap im half expecting a loss today myself another **** gsme no matter the result

Bet they won't.

Bookmark.

Screenshot it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Lord TSC wrote: »
    On similar note, it’s amazing how quiet Paul Scholes has gotten in recent times. Couldn’t go a day without moaning about Jose’s United, but nowhere to be seen now that Ole is in charge....

Fact, can't bring himself to be critical of an old friend. Ole was never the man for the job and never will be. Who is, God knows. I wholeheartedly agree with those that say you can't keep sacking managers and that is why the director is needed badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭kerplun k

noodler wrote: »
    What planet are you on?

There's borderline outrage about the penalty being given

Same one as you friend. You know it’s true.. and that was never a penalty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

The game today of ' who can play worse' is actually difficult to call which is incredible! Both teams are just shocking right now!

United vs United
    Clash of the ShÍte-uns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Fact, can't bring himself to be critical of an old friend. Ole was never the man for the job and never will be. Who is, God knows. I wholeheartedly agree with those that say you can't keep sacking managers and that is why the director is needed badly.

Ole had gotten them playing well and was showing some interesting tactical ideas as well as man management. As seems to happen, the mess was made in the Summer. Could even have done with Welbeck coming back. I refuse to believe that the Summer went nearly to plan.

People seem to criticise no matter what. José calls out the board-bad. Ole is positive about the situation and tries to make do-bad. The squad is about 3 attacking players short and every other team United are supposed to be competing with and even the ones below have better players in attack.

Sure look at Wesley for Villa and Haller for West Ham who have both started well. Are United too good for these guys? There have been no smart signings in years. It appears as though a player has to be shoved down the throat of the club for them to consider them. That's what's led to big money, big name signings over building a balanced squad. They're now locked on to young and British. Ignoring any kind of evolution of the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I suspect todays game will be torture to watch and will make the AZ game look like the game of the century.

I'll go for 0-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

ankles wrote: »
    Me then

Why aren't you in Newcastle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Thought Andreas wasn't in the squad.

Where's Lindelof?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

I cannot wait for the day that its not possible for Ashley Young to be included in a starting XI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    What an awful 1st team. It's not even good enough for top 10

It looks like a team thatcwould get an early round of the FA Cup to give them game time..

Lindleof injured? Wan Bissaka still ill?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Newcastle playing a 541 aswell...... We have no chance

• Advertisement

• Liam O wrote: »
    Ole had gotten them playing well and was showing some interesting tactical ideas as well as man management. As seems to happen, the mess was made in the Summer. Could even have done with Welbeck coming back. I refuse to believe that the Summer went nearly to plan.

People seem to criticise no matter what. José calls out the board-bad. Ole is positive about the situation and tries to make do-bad. The squad is about 3 attacking players short and every other team United are supposed to be competing with and even the ones below have better players in attack.

Sure look at Wesley for Villa and Haller for West Ham who have both started well. Are United too good for these guys? There have been no smart signings in years. It appears as though a player has to be shoved down the throat of the club for them to consider them. That's what's led to big money, big name signings over building a balanced squad. They're now locked on to young and British. Ignoring any kind of evolution of the squad.
    Did you forget the months of February, March, April and May?
    The tactical deficiencies were evident months before the summer started. Not related to transfer business. Ole is the manager. The mess started then.

We all know the summer transfer window was an embarrassing mess but this is also the issues we know and have had to deal with for years at the club at board level.

The same tactical deficiencies have now followed through to this season.

That’s probably the worst competitive United starting 11 I’ve ever seen.

Ole is not the problem here.

Sean Longstaff is joined in midfield by his brother Matty.....watch how they suddenly have the game of their lives along with Dubravka in goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

One of the worst united line ups in recent memory. Have lost all faith and confidence in the club from the top down. Just a shambles.

I genuinely think if we lose this we will be battling relegation this year alongside the fact Liverpool will be winning the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That's a line-up that would get relegated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Liam O wrote: »
    Ole had gotten them playing well and was showing some interesting tactical ideas as well as man management.

I really think the early results cloud people’s judgement bar a bounce which saw some pressing he never actually had them playing that well apart for one or two games against cannon fodder in January.

What are the interesting tactical ideas ?

I wouldn’t call forcing our best striker out of the club great man management either. In fact it should have been really easy to keep 3 forwards happy given who he is.

Headshot wrote: »
    What an awful 1st team. It's not even good enough for top 10

The squad in general is our worst that I can remember in the PL era.

On the bright side - Bournemouth are losing at the moment, with a bit of luck today we could shoot up to the lofty heights of 7th place for the international break. Pretty soon, Europa qualification should be in our own hands. Phew.

There would have been often times over years that our starting XI would look pretty bad on paper when we're missing 6 first team players.

The worrying thing for United at the moment is the results and performances when this isn't the case.

Hopefully there is enough there to get 3 points.

• Is this the new one?

Ole didn't want rid of Lukaku
    Ole didn't want rid of Herrera
    Ole didn't want rid of Sanchez
    Ole didn't want rid of Fellani

It was all the board?
    It's the boards fault for not replacing them I'd say. But I doubt they made the push to shove the above out the door in the first place.

More evidence to suggest Ole thought his squad is much better than it actually is. His risk, same with the Rashford / Martial one.

No wonder the starting 11 is muck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Fcukit City 1 down.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Fcukit City 1 down.

Let it go lads and suck it up
    Liverpool will win the league
    And maybe then it will send fans over the edge and get them to take action at the grounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Sean Longstaff is joined in midfield by his brother Matty.....watch how they suddenly have the game of their lives along with Dubravka in goal

He can have a shocker if he wants we'll be lucky to muster up a shot on him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

If the last few games are anything to go by, Dubravka will have f*ck all to do.

We seem to have the biggest injury list in the league. No fear of them not turning up collect their wages though!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

How many fecking injuries do we have?

Martial has been out about 6 weeks with something that was onlt meant to be 1 or 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

BDI wrote: »
    That’s probably the worst competitive United starting 11 I’ve ever seen.

Ole is not the problem here.

Who engineered and sanctioned the departures of Lukaku and Alexis respectively ?

How many fecking injuries do we have?

Martial has been out about 6 weeks with something that was onlt meant to be 1 or 2
    I'd consider Shaw, Lindelof, AWB, Pogba, Martial and Lingard all to be first teamers and all missing today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Ah here just give em the title already :o Fcuking Wolves

That lineup is so depressing. Not looking forward to this one at all

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I'd consider Shaw, Lindelof, AWB, Pogba, Martial and Lingard all to be first teamers and all missing today.

Thats kind of insane tbf, something has to be wrong at the club over the fitness training

Thats kind of insane tbf, something has to be wrong at the club over the fitness training
    Yeah, to me it's not just bad luck. It has to be another area of the club that's not at a level on a par with the world, or even the UKs best.

I'd say there are so many elements of our club that are simply bang average at the moment.

• Advertisement

Is this the new one?

Ole didn't want rid of Lukaku
    Ole didn't want rid of Herrera
    Ole didn't want rid of Sanchez
    Ole didn't want rid of Fellani

It was all the board?
    It's the boards fault for not replacing them I'd say. But I doubt they made the push to shove the above out the door in the first place.

More evidence to suggest Ole thought his squad is much better than it actually is. His risk, same with the Rashford / Martial one.

No wonder the starting 11 is muck

Fúcking sure he thought that. Remember when he first came in last December? He was almost fuming at the (then) current state and placing of the club. "These players are better than this...we will be known as the fastest and most aggressive team in the league" etc.

Fast forward to this season, his tune has changed something serious. Except for Herrera, he definitely (IMO) identified Lukaku, Fellaini and Sanchez as surplus to his requirements.

The club is in shíte no matter who the manager is and the rot won't stop with an Ole sacking, however he has put himself out on multiple unnecessary limbs in the midst of a shítstorm and it's gonna hurt him and his managerial career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Fcukit City 1 down.
    Wrong thread.
    Surely?

Really the sports science and medical team need to be asked questions. The season is only started.

Id also be asking Carrick and McKenna if they do anything other than set out cones at training

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Going on a football media blackout for a while. Football is misery. Peace, lads!

Has been like that for some time regardless of manager. Then again most of our lads if they sneeze once their out for 2 weeks.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Wrong thread.
    Surely?

Sure all the United lads are supporting city already.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Really the sports science and medical team need to be asked questions. The season is only started.

Id also be asking Carrick and McKenna if they do anything other than set out cones at training

They do, however Ole gave a SS interview in the last 24 hours praising them to the hilt. "If you saw what I saw behind the scenes, you'd be impressed"...that kind of thing.

I'm not expecting him to hang them out to dry in a public interview, but there are other ways to answer that question without just putting it down to "They're great and injuries are just a part of football".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

We're going to get some battering against Liverpool. They're at an all time high, cloud 9 right now.

Would love for us to end their streak and disrupt their title chances but it's so so unrealistic. Don't even think Ole believes he can get anything from that game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Down there with the worst teams for work rate last season. Ole stated he wanted to make them the hardest working in the league... with a threadbare squad, what could possibly go wrong?

They do, however Ole gave a SS interview in the last 24 hours praising them to the hilt. "If you saw what I saw behind the scenes, you'd be impressed"...that kind of thing.

I'm not expecting him to hang them out to dry in a public interview, but there are other ways to answer that question without just putting it down to "They're great and injuries are just a part of football".

I just dont think Ole has it in him to be negative, maybe behind closed doors hes different but we could lose 8-0 and he would smile and find something positive

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement