Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jamemid

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    So why make another? Who would we bring in? I know Allegri is available but how is any different to Mourinho or Van Gaal who we also sacked.

Because it looks like ole is out of his depth. Team lacks quality fair enough,but we should be doing better against newcastle

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Headshot wrote: »
    Watch Gary trying to defend this crap

job for the boys crap

Rashford needs a rest was the best I've heard in a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,001 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Have a serious feeling where going to be fighting for top half of the table never mind top 4 or top 6 .

Woodward is probably clearing out Oles office

There is zero chance of top four... We are just not good enough.... a team of midfielders and average ones at that. No attacking dynamic, plan or ability.

Big regret from this game was the Maguire miss. Not saying we’d have gone on to finish the job but at least it would have given the team a foothold in the game and brought Newcastle out of that defensive mindset and ‘maybe’ pinching a second as a result but sure we can’t get one even...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭billyhead

The players needs a long hard look at themselves and cant be excused form blame but the problem with the club is giving massive contracts to players who have under achieved. It turns you off football watching these lads make huge money from week to week for what:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Jamemid wrote: »
    Because it looks like ole is out of his depth. Team lacks quality fair enough,but we should be doing better against newcastle

Right but you've not answered who we would bring in to replace Ole. It's not a case of sack Ole and everything becomes Rosie again. We've had the same problems with every manager that have come since Ferguson.

Sack Ole and do what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Wenger until the end of the season? I bet you he’d take it and do better than Ole for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

billyhead wrote: »
    The players needs a long hard look at themselves and cant be excused form blame but the problem with the club is giving massive contracts to players who have under achieved. It turns you off football watching these lads make huge money from week to week for what:mad:

Rewarding mediocrity, no consequences for poor performances = recipe for disaster.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Drop every one of them and play reserves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

If I count him as an out and out forward, we're down to a single first team winger/wide player in Daniel James.

That's nearly exactly what we have. Tony first choice striker, Marcus/James out wide would be the starting front 3.

Mata/greenwood/lingard as back ups

By the looks of things OLE thought he could get through to January or the season with out injuries or loss of form to the first 11/13 players, everything would be grand the young lads would get minutes here and there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Ole is only the puppet in all of this. Its the muppets upstairs pulling the strings that have sabotaged this club.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,498 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Right but you've not answered who we would bring in to replace Ole. It's not a case of sack Ole and everything becomes Rosie again. We've had the same problems with every manager that have come since Ferguson.

Sack Ole and do what?

No. This is different. It has been clear as day since February that there is a problem with the manager.

This is not the same as a manager who lost the dressing room and had to go, this is a manager who is clearly and substantially out of his depth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

syngindub wrote: »

These are the reserves! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Moyes

Van Gaal

Mourinho

Solsjkaer

Ed Woodward and the Glazers really are the unluckiest to have failed to hit on their last 4 managers in 6 years, I'm sure Pochettino or someone else won't be as fifth time unlucky to get the sack in 12 months time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Hopefully the next manager just gets the 12 month contract. Save money compensating him when its time to sack him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

No. This is different. It has been clear as day since February that there is a problem with the manager.

This is not the same as a manager who lost the dressing room and had to go, this is a manager who is clearly and substantially out of his depth.

And yet again who we replace Ole with has not been answered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

budgie412 wrote: »
    Why would anybody take the job? Players would simply pick up for half a dozen games, then drop off their performances again

Do people genuinely mean it when they ask this? Chelsea and Real Madrid have had a waiting list of managers ready to be the next one sacked for years now no matter how **** the outlook.

Money and managing a big club. You get a pay off if/when you're sacked and it doesn't impact your ability to get the next job.

Wheres the downside?

syngindub wrote: »

We are already kinda trying that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Again said it a few days ago and it might be jumping the shark but I feel fans at home games might have to get more extreme to Ed and Glazer's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Would the Glazers piss off if United were relegated? I’d be more than happy to take that trade off at this stage.
    Might not have any option either way. There’s nothing to suggest this team can get back up the table

Probably because it is not an important question, pick a ****ing name out of a hat if that is what is important to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Sacking Ole unfortunately wont fix much, we have an average squad. We need five really good signings so its gonna take good transfer windows and time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,001 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

What we need to do from this ****îng second is define how about we are going to go about investing in the squad so we can score goals again, immediately. Forget about five year plans or this and that, buy forwards/strikers/creative wide players.... it’s not complicated, DO IT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Ole is way out of his depth anyway. Regardless of the ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Sack Ole and do what?

Who in their right mind would want to work under this fella,

2_Chelsea-FC-v-Manchester-United-Premier-League.jpg

Sacking Ole unfortunately wont fix much, we have an average squad. We need five really good signings so its gonna take good transfer windows and time.

This was a top 4 squad last year according to you snd we added mcguire and van bisaka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭billyhead

Hococop wrote: »
    Again said it a few days ago and it might be jumping the shark but I feel fans at home games might have to get more extreme to Ed and Glazer's

It should be the away fans to show their disgust with Ed and the Glazers. These are the real fans as a lot of the home support are tourists and fans from other countries etc. I don't understand why they rushed to give Ole the job during last season. Why didn't they wait until the Summer and reassess. If they did he shouldn't have been in charge right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Sacking Ole won’t do much is a bullshít statement

He is a Molde manager, of fúcking course we can get a better manager in and the sooner the better

This was a top 4 squad last year according to you snd we added mcguire and van bisaka

I detest 90% of those players and want the entire squad gutted, but I do think they are a lot better than we have seen since February. They simply are.

The training at that club must be utter dog****, it just has to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

I think Ole is doing the best with what is available to him. Needs at least 2 years and 4 transfer windows before he can be properly judged. Give him more time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Nonsense. 7 players were sold, the squad has changed. I said after the transfer window I don't expect top four this season, as its a rebuilding process. Pedal your argument baiting comments elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Annabella1

OGS winning streak when he took over was a freak show
    The below par Cardiff manager clearly in evidence
    Time to go

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I'd imagine the Glazers have a lot more time for Woodward than the average fan presumes-he did after all magic a billion quid for them out of thin air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,349 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

do you think he's the right man for the job?

possible: pellegrini, blanc, wenger, laudrup, allegri, jose, and prob 50 others i dont know about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Who reduced the quality of the squad ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

Nonsense. 7 players were sold, the squad has changed. I said after the transfer window I don't expect top four this season, as its a rebuilding process. Pedal your argument baiting comments elsewhere.

The “deadwood” as you referred to them as?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

This interview is a rambling mess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Anyone who thinks Ole is up to it is either

A) full of ****
    B) not very intelligent

He’s painfully out of his depth and so is his coaching staff. How is Mike Phelan, Carrick and McKenna the coaching staff for one of the biggest clubs in the world?

Ole should be gone in the morning, even walk himself if he loves the club as much as he says he does.

The players are bad but they’re not this bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭thomasj

Anyone else getting thoughts in their head that the folks in anfield gave the glaziers Woodward as a welcome gift or would they be as cruel?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I detest 90% of those players and want the entire squad gutted, but I do think they are a lot better than we have seen since February. They simply are.

The training at that club must be utter dog****, it just has to be.

Which makes you question what the hell Carrick and McKenna are bringing. Joined in the summer after we came second, and the coaching has regressed and regressed with each passing month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

I'm all for giving Ole more time for the simple fact that there isn't anybody else out there that I think can do much better with this squad.

But the reality is, if Ole isn't good enough he needs to get the sack. We can't go forward with the mentality that 'Oh we've sacked our previous 3 managers and look how we've ended up so let's ride this one out'.

If Ole isn't good enough , he needs to go. It's as simple as that and right now he's far from good enough.

You don't lose to Newcastle because your best player Pogba is injured or we didn't buy Fernandes or a replacement striker for Lukaku this past summer.

We lost because the coaching has not been good enough. Ole has not been good enough and not getting close to the best out of these players. Yes we've got some terrible players in Fred and Pereira but they're a lot better than what Newcastle have got.

We're in serious downfall right now in relegation form - lose against Liverpool we're going to be close to relegation. Lose the week after to Norwich and that's Ole gone

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭budgie412

Do people genuinely mean it when they ask this? Chelsea and Real Madrid have had a waiting list of managers ready to be the next one sacked for years now no matter how **** the outlook.

Money and managing a big club. You get a pay off if/when you're sacked and it doesn't impact your ability to get the next job.

Wheres the downside?

Real Madrid and Chelsea are constantly challenging for the top prizes regardless of the manager. We aren't, and we haven't been for quite a while now and won't be for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jamemid

Ole: "The first half was the sloppiest we've been. In the second half we dominated but we didn't create.We've not changed a lot. We've played the same way and stuck to our principles. The players are working hard.” #mufc [Sky]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

budgie412 wrote: »
    Real Madrid and Chelsea are constantly challenging for the top prizes regardless of the manager. We aren't, and we haven't been for quite a while now and won't be for the foreseeable future.

And we haven't been consistently ? Forget the last 20 years bro...

Of course managers will come. Hard part is getting one who can bring us back to top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

My favourite bit was for the goal when the 80m defender was caught out of position and fell on his arse instead of showing his man down the line.

And the missed header obviously.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jose Mourinho was sacked after taking 26 points from 17 league games last December. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has taken 17 points from his last 17 league games. [Mark Critchley]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,710 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Good old Gary.....

• Headshot wrote: »
    Good old Gary.....

What he's saying is detrimental to the club causing more division

Because believe it not alot of fans actual believe what's he's saying is true in this situation

Not one bad thing to say about Oles tactics or training

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Souness talking sense

The end is nigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Did Fred win a "play for Man Utd" Cornflakes competition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

He'd make you sick to your back teeth with his bull**** in these post match interviews.

I think I should just stop watching them.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement