Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,710 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What he's saying is detrimental to the club causing more division

Because believe it not alot of fans actual believe what's he's saying is true in this situation

Not one bad thing to say about Oles tactics or training

or Ole's transfer decisions during the summer

All blamed on the board...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

The Nal wrote: »
    Did Fred win a "play for Man Utd" Cornflakes competition?

Fred isn't actually a bad player you know.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

When souness is talking more sense than Neville it’s worrying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Redknapp knocking some sense into G Nev

Gary does talk so much ****e, refuses to blame Ole.

It's really so much nonsense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭sjb25

Degea looks really fcuked up like a lad who would say bye bye if he could

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,001 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I'm all for giving Ole more time for the simple fact that there isn't anybody else out there that I think can do much better with this squad.

If Ole isn't good enough , he's needs to go. It's as simple as that and right now he's far from good enough.

You don't lose to Newcastle because your best player Pogba is injured or we didn't buy Fernandes or a replacement striker for Lukaku this past summer.

There are people out there that’s for sure who can and in all probability will do better. It’s trying to get them where the problem will be. Guys who will do better tactically and every way including what I call... ‘managing your manager’ .ie the boss says no more cash for players... you demonstrate the consequences of that standpoint and that you won’t be hanging around to preside over failure... be negative about them in interviews the press....FÛCK THEM if they are throwing you and the team under the bus by not backing you..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Headshot wrote: »
    Gary does talk so much ****e, refuses to blame Ole.

It's really so much nonsense

I actually think Gary and rest of the ex players are so damaging to the club right now in defending ole at all costs

A short term solution is getting Ole out but for the long term we need the match going fans to start protesting and hopefully get the Glazers out

New owners will generate a trickle down affect, emphasis on the football side, fire Woodward and get a top manager in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

De Gea brutally honest.

What was missing today?

Everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

sky88 wrote: »
    I actually think Gary and rest of the ex players are so damaging to the club right now in defending ole at all costs

It's what they wanted for a while, one of them to take the job but won't admit they were wrong, as someone said scholes has been missing from the media since the decline

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

When souness is talking more sense than Neville it’s worrying

Souness is a brilliant pundit.

United should have gone for Brendan Rodgers during the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I honestly have very little time for any of our ex players atm. They’re all just towing the company line in case they get a job at United. It’s painful to listen to.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I reckon they know if Ole goes, so to will this whole "United Way" BS they've been peddling for years too. They've very clearly had an agenda since Moyes' days to get the Class of 92 and other players into positions of power. Once Jose went, I'd say they'd hoped Ole would be good for the "jobs for the boys".

Instead, it's all caving in horrifically for Ole and for them. The board won't be thick enough to appoint another manager on the basis of club history. Whoever is next will be someone from outside their little social circle, and will likely oversee a rebuild at a coaching level too. So they'll continue to back Ole, because if Ole fails, so to has the mentality that all we need is a club legend to go "Come on lads, we're Man United", as if thats enough to oversee a return to the top.

Lost all respect for Neville.

LVG and Jose need to be urgently issued with scuba gear and/or kept outside of contained areas, for fear of drowning in their own piss with the laughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

All our players can play terrible and not have to worry about being dropped from the team and ole probably won't say much to them either, they can get away with murder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

The revisionism needs to stop. The club needs to stop appointing anyone connected with previous title winning sides.

If an ex player is hired it should be on ability not cause the fans might like it or it will save a penny

Woodward, the Glazers, Ole, Carrick ,Phelan, McKenna, players, Agnes the tea lady all out

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I reckon they know if Ole goes, so to will this whole "United Way" BS they've been peddling for years too. They've very clearly had an agenda since Moyes' days to get the Class of 92 and other players into positions of power. Once Jose went, I'd say they'd hoped Ole would be good for the "jobs for the boys".

Instead, it's all caving in horrifically for Ole and for them. The board won't be thick enough to appoint another manager on the basis of club history. Whoever is next will be someone from outside their little social circle, and will likely oversee a rebuild at a coaching level too. So they'll continue to back Ole, because if Ole fails, so to has the mentality that all we need is a club legend to go "Come on lads, we're Man United", as if thats enough to oversee a return to the top.

I think a bitternesss towards Woodward not giving giggs the job after moyes & lvgis real reason it all stems from

He criticise Woodward a good bit but no mention of glazers by name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

From Opta:

- 7th for chances created

- 17th for big chances created

- 12th for shots in the box

- 9th for shots on target

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

De Gea’s interview was scary as it showed what the players are thinking right now and that’s “We have no idea what is happening or what to do about it”.

Olé is gone, it’s just a matter of when they can get the replacement they want lined up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Souness is a brilliant pundit.

United should have gone for Brendan Rodgers during the summer.

He only took over at Leicester at the end of February.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

Ole should have some self respect and resign, Woodward too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

shane. wrote: »
    Ole should have some self respect and resign, Woodward too

No manager will ever resign. They will never give up the huge paycheques and nor should they.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Fans should have some self respect and get the Glazers and Woodward out.

Cannot fathom why everyone is so accepting.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jamemid

Ole: “It will take however long it will have to take. It's a journey we've started on and the culture is getting there. I can't give you any time but we're getting there. We've given ourselves a big, big uphill challenge to get among the top four but it's tight...” #mufc [Sky]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Before any decisions are made on Ole's future, the management structure at the club need to sit down and decide exactly how they want to move forward. How do they want to play? As has been said before there have been numerous managers and huge amounts of money spent on transfers and wages yet absolutely no coherent style of play.

Saying there is no point sacking Ole because no one will be able to do better with these players is just plain wrong. Spending money in January for Ole to change managers and style in the summer is just keeping the club from getting back on track.

What happens in January, you go away and spend huge amounts on two wide forwards only for the next manager to come in and want to play to a target man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

When we lose to Liverpool we could be a point off relegation after 9 games. Insane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

When we lose to Liverpool we could be a point off relegation after 9 games. Insane

We'd be bottom only for the win on the first day.

• Jamemid wrote: »
    Ole: “It will take however long it will have to take. It's a journey we've started on and the culture is getting there. I can't give you any time but we're getting there. We've given ourselves a big, big uphill challenge to get among the top four but it's tight...” #mufc [Sky]

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭budgie412

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    And we haven't been consistently ? Forget the last 20 years bro...

Of course managers will come. Hard part is getting one who can bring us back to top.

No, I didn't forget, I'm well aware. However since 2013 the club has obviously been a downward trajectory, and while some form of a transition period was to be expected, it has been 6 years and we are dropping further away from challenging.

City went from midtable to champions in 4 years. Liverpool went from conceding 6 at Stoke in 2015 to European champions in, again, 4 years. Both those sides had plans and stuck with them, and were vindicated. Managers backed fully, both clubs pulling in the same direction.

At this point we should be well through the transitioning phase, and building toward something. We constantly pull one rebuild midway through and start afresh all over again. Managers constantly undermined, both in the boardroom and the dressing room. No apparent longterm plan, no sustained support.

Finding the right man who can turn the club around on the pitch will be nigh on impossible with Ed around.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    No manager will ever resign. They will never give up the huge paycheques and nor should they.

And if it’s ever understandable it’s with someone like Ole.
    Although I’m sure he made a good living from football, his career finished before the wages market went bonkers and he hasn’t had any high profile managerial jobs.

His pay off will be a huge chunk of money to him relative to his wealth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

budgie412 wrote: »
    No, I didn't forget, I'm well aware. However since 2013 the club has obviously been a downward trajectory, and while some form of a transition period was to be expected, it has been 6 years and we are dropping further away from challenging.

City went from midtable to champions in 4 years. Liverpool went from conceding 6 at Stoke in 2015 to European champions in, again, 4 years. Both those sides had plans and stuck with them, and were vindicated. Managers backed fully, both clubs pulling in the same direction.

At this point we should be well through the transitioning phase, and building toward something. We constantly pull one rebuild midway through and start afresh all over again. Managers constantly undermined, both in the boardroom and the dressing room. No apparent longterm plan, no sustained support.

Finding the right man who can turn the club around on the pitch will be nigh on impossible with Ed around.

Fair points but as you mentioned, the route to success when done properly is only 3/4 years. But we need to get the structure right and there's no sign of that happening soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Probably because it is not an important question, pick a ****ing name out of a hat if that is what is important to you.

It's this boneheadedness that has us where we are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,498 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    It's this boneheadedness that has us where we are.

I regret to inform you that I am just a poster on the internet, and don't actually have any influence at Manchester United football club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

GSPfan wrote: »
    De Gea’s interview was scary as it showed what the players are thinking right now and that’s “We have no idea what is happening or what to do about it”.

Olé is gone, it’s just a matter of when they can get the replacement they want lined up.

As bad as watching the lads attempt football, watching that was harder then anything I've seen before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,281 ✭✭✭limnam

And yet again who we replace Ole with has not been answered.

We couldn't possibly find a manager with top level experience.

Your right.

limnam wrote: »
    We couldn't possibly find a manager with top level experience.

Your right.

We've had Moyes, Mourinho and Van Gaal. All sacked. What will be different when we sack Ole and appoint someone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,349 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

We've had Moyes, Mourinho and Van Gaal. All sacked. What will be different when we sack Ole and appoint someone else?

do you think ole is the right man for the job?

I regret to inform you that I am just a poster on the internet, and don't actually have any influence at Manchester United football club.

And thankfully you don't. The sack everyone philosophy of Woodward has us where we are.

do you think ole is the right man for the job?

I don't know. Doesn't look like it. I want him to have this year and next though. I did think Van Gaal was the man and Mourinho when he got hired. But C'est la vie.

As bad as watching the lads attempt football, watching that was harder then anything I've seen before.

It was but it gave me some solace as well. He was brutally honest and obviously hurting. It’s hard to know who does and doesn’t really care at the club.

I actually thought he was biting his lip and bit and was on the verge of letting rip.

Some pretty damning words from him as it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,349 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

I don't know. Doesn't look like it. I want him to have this year and next though. I did think Van Gaal was the man and Mourinho when he got hired. But C'est la vie.

i dont think he will ever be the man so want him gone asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭micks_address

Surprised they didn't mention oles job security on sky.. we could easily loose every game between now and Xmas... What then? Regardless of players surely manager is accountable at some stage... I can't help look at Spurs and imagine poch would be easy to get now.. at least maybe get a hopeful bounce with a new manager till Xmas then sign few players...agents must be rubbing their hands knowing how desperate UTD will be for players.. would the club risk relegation to back ole?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

beno619 wrote: »
    Who reduced the quality of the squad ?

Ole obviously, not sure why you'd think that was in doubt.
    adox wrote: »
    The “deadwood” as you referred to them as?

Yes, and many here were calling for a clearout, which has started. The transfer window wasn't ideal, defense was strengthened but not MF.

We are going to have bring in more player and let some more go, we are in a transition period and as I said before I don't expect us to be competitive for maybe a couple of years until that work is done.

i dont think he will ever be the man so want him gone asap.

Right. But who do you think will be the man, and why? As I've said, we've had Moyes, a very experienced PL manager, Van Gaal whose manged big clubs in numerous countries aswell as internationally and Mourinho who we all know about. Fans and the club weren't happy with any of them. All sacked.

We sack Ole and then what? The managerial merry-go-round begins again. We've just had our best window in years in terms of signing players just gone, which is at least something. Wait till season after next then make a decision i.e. a few more windows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Ahem, I already used this quote today......;)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭caviardreams

De Gea's interview is a tough watch. It looks like it is affecting him and he cares about the club at least. Not sure about some of the others.

Honestly do not know what is going on anymore.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement