Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC alarm - line fault

Options
  • 21-07-2019 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

Our monitored alarm works on the landline which has been dead since yesterday. Every 30 minutes +/- the alarm turns itself on and beeps incessantly. I'm losing the will to live having to constantly turn it off and with trying to report the fault to companies who don't want to deal with customers, I'm getting really frustrated. Is there any way to stop it turning itself on? Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Can you tell us what make of system you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

janmaree wrote: »
    Our monitored alarm works on the landline which has been dead since yesterday. Every 30 minutes +/- the alarm turns itself on and beeps incessantly. I'm losing the will to live having to constantly turn it off and with trying to report the fault to companies who don't want to deal with customers, I'm getting really frustrated. Is there any way to stop it turning itself on? Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you.

Your HKC panel is simply reporting a phone line issue.

Have you contacted your installation company, this function can be switched off temporarily until your telephone line is repaired.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

Thanks very much for taking the trouble to reply, especially when I really don't know what I'm talking about! I thought HKC WAS the system and I didn't even think about contacting our service company as it went down on Saturday. I'll see who I can contact tomorrow but in the meantime I've found that if I turn it on myself, it seems to behave. The only thing is remembering that it's on when it usually wouldn't be, otherwise the cat and I go through the ceiling :eek: Many thanks again, I really appreciate it. J

• Registered Users Posts: 45 muckyba

kub wrote: »
    Your HKC panel is simply reporting a phone line issue.

Have you contacted your installation company, this function can be switched off temporarily until your telephone line is repaired.

Hi Kub

I really need to temporarily turn off the beeping for the line fault. Can you please share how this can be done? I have the engineers code for my alarm, its a hkc quantum 70.
    Its driving my wife nuts which in turn is putting me in the firing line .

Many thanks,
    Mucketh

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

I should have reported back on what happened with mine. I contacted the alarm company and explained my problem; they were unbelievably helpful and arranged for me to phone the engineer when I was home and he stepped me through the codes to turn off the beeping option. It worked a treat and we left it that he would reinstate the setting during the next service visit. I can't see why your supplier wouldn't do the same, if you are with one of these companies. I hope you get it sorted :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement