Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage options? 3.15% Variable - 71% LTV

• 21-07-2019 7:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭

Hi all! I've gone through a bit of a turbulent year; fiscally and in every other sense and I'm now looking to get on top of my finances.

Current situation;
    • Provider: AIB
    • Rate: 3.15% Variable
    • Loan Value: €258k
    • Term Remaining: 27yrs
    • Home Value: €390k (ish) It've a valuation from Dec2018 so may have shifted. Conservatively, it might be closer to €360k
    • LTV: 66-71% (As above)

Looking at AIB's website shows that the best rate available from them in this bracket is 2.95% and a saving of €27 per month.

Bonkers.ie is showing that moving to the LTV rate with AIB is the best option. Am I missing anything here?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

When you received your annual statement from AIB this year you should have received a note with it explaining that you are entitled to apply for lower rate depending on your loan to value. Details on how to apply should be on their website and you will have to pay for a valuation €150 to qualify for a rate of 2.95% with a loan to value of less than 80%.

AIB are also offering 2, 3 and 5 year fixed rates at 2.85%.

Advertisement