Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Late night bar closing Times?

Options
  • 21-07-2019 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Is there some new regulation in the city where late night bars are closing earlier?

We've been going to the Reg for years now and always got served up to 2:15ish and out the doors by 2:30

We're lucky the last three weeks if we get a last drink at 1:30ish and we're out the doors by 2:00.

No flashing of the lights to dictate last orders or anything, the bar staff just stop serving.

Seems strange that it would just happen out of no where
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

Maybe you should head to the Kazbar in Waterford City where legendary DJ Andy Mac performs.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭aziz

New superintendent in town enforcing the licensing laws,
    So now everywhere is closing at the same time and chaos ensues.
    Should be fun at spraoi.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Snorlaxx

Is there laws to close that early if there's a late license????

Surely this guy/girl is costing the clubs 30mins of business for no reason other than his/her own self importance? I'm sure it wont make that much of a difference to them but I would have thought for last rounds they would make at least 30% of the nightly intake.

Reminds me of
    hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Is there a law to enforce the law?

New guy in the station is keen to keep to the letter of the law, it will subside.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Heard a rumor of who the new superintendent is.

If that's true he/she was in O'Connell street last night for 2ish hrs at 10:00 checking tax and insurance.

Surely they have more important things to be doing like making sure the Garda van(Which they were in) is down in Johns Street where most of the night time trouble happens, not parked on a junction checking T&I?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭aziz

Snorlaxx wrote: »

Surely they have more important things to be doing like making sure the Garda van(Which they were in) is down in Johns Street where most of the night time trouble happens, not parked on a junction checking T&I?

No, they have that covered,usually have two or three Garda standing every night outside the kasbar from 1 am onwards.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Yes. New closing times everywhere 2am because of the new prxxck Courtney.

prxxck Courtney.

Heard the very same, neither bar staff or his own force seem to have a good thing to say

• Registered Users Posts: 29,387 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I still think 24hr opening would be a better option, even though problematic

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    For clubs only or everywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Wanderer78 wrote: »

Oh you're dead right. You could say bye bye to heads fighting in the food places or outside the pubs then!but they dont think logical...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Since when is Courtney new for a start? Not to even get into how a run of the mill walking the beat/driving his motorcycle Garda can bring into effect some legislation unilaterally.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Definitely later night venues is the way to go. I lived in Spain for 6 years, bars close at 3am, Night Clubs 6/7am and after-hours until 12.00 noon.

I never in 6 years saw a fight outside any food place or taxi rank near these places. People are not in a rush to drink and get the pints in before last orders. People leave at staggered times, no crazy rushes for taxis, or food. All in all it lends itself to a more chilled out atmosphere.

I think there is a fear if we allow this in Ireland we will loose the run of ourselves. There will probably be some issues early on but once people get used to it I can see it working out.

The main issue is that thousands of drunk people being pushed out onto the streets at the same time, all looking for food, taxi, the shift and home (not always in that order).

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

Snorlaxx wrote: »

Garda van outside the Tower early this morning watching people staggering horrors drunk all over the road, some probably not 18, debs ball was on it seemed.

Rapid Express bus driver gets stopped for no seat belt.

Why ye put up with so much mediocrity in that town astounds me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Lived in Spain for 12 years. There model is the way forward. Very little agro ever seen in my time there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Lived in Spain for 12 years. There model is the way forward. Very little agro ever seen in my time there.

Drink culture very different in Spain. Not saying it wont help here though.

Advertisement