Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Setup help for bedroom

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭greasepalm

If your adding a box it will need a sat feed and or saorview feed + a lan port,none of my tvs have a sat tuner and kept away from iptv for the moment,zgemma and octagon are good boxes and plenty of support.
    Both of them could do iptv and other stuff looking at the reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

This TV at €229 could be an option.https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057965042/5/#post110711889

Sat and Saorview connections and a smart TV for IPTV if you want it

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Folks,

Please check the Stickey at the top of these forms, discussion of iptv is not allowed here, this has been the case for some considerable time.

Ritz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭decor58

Got one of these recently in Powercity,24WPS19P

all in one, Saorview, Satellite, Netflix, YouTube and record all on one remote.
    Sound could be better, it's in the kitchen so it's OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Looking to get the existing TV at least mounted. I've not yet got around to deciding on whether to upgrade the TV or to purchase a multistream receiver - however as the TV does not have a sat input - I'll need to make this decision.

If I do decide to opt for a box, then I'll be getting one which can be hidden behind the TV.

Question is what is the best height/position to locate the TV mount?

The TV mount is a Sanus SF 213:
    41KCO--gIZL._SX425_.jpg

As previously said, the TV is currently a 26".

Photos of the room location are attached.

Advice appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭greasepalm

The top of my tv is about 6 inches from the ceiling and is a 37 inch panny on a double expandable tv mount.I had a unit built for my mancave about 4 foot wide with tv in top ,underneath shelf was to take yamaha soundbar and under that i had 2 glass shelves from another unit and got 2 more made up for my sat boxes and saorview boxes and external hdd drives.Bottom of unit has 2 doors that open out and subwoofer inside. I am lucky as in bed i can raise or lower the angle of top or bottom to see tv better.
    My setup is overkill for many but might suggest a floating shelf under tv for your set top box as its easier to use and if needed to access box if it needs reflashing + its cooler below tv.Maybe find a height thats comfortable for you too view if from bed or chair.

Advertisement