Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mechanic dublin 15

Options
  • 22-07-2019 9:04am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a reliable mechanic they've used in the local area that would call out and tow a car from Royal Canal Park? Previously used David Stokes Motors in Tolka Business Park across the way, was expensive and it was a last minute quick fix.

2009 Ford Fiesta - tried jump leads twice but no luck. Car won't start - just a flat electrical type noise when I turn the key with no ignition kicking in at all.
    Been told it may be the alternator.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

Aidan English in blanch village is good

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Aidan English in blanch village is good

Do you have a number for him? Can't find him on google. What's his garage called?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭A Knight of Ireland

Elis Poynton is also a great mechanic with a tow service. http://www.poyntonmotorsrecovery.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Do you have a number for him? Can't find him on google. What's his garage called?

DM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Hi all. Any more recommendations for a mechanic in D15 would be appreciated please (full service, diesel 2015). I need a service and the main dealers are looking for around €360, sounds a bit heavy to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Hi all. Any more recommendations for a mechanic in D15 would be appreciated please (full service, diesel 2015). I need a service and the main dealers are looking for around €360, sounds a bit heavy to me.

I used gloabal up beside the big m3 maxol service station in mulhudart, was around €140 for an oil change on a focus diesel

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Been using Coolmine Motors for years. Great bunch of lads, never feel like I'm being overcharged and they'll always check first before doing any work over and above the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Zaph wrote: »
    Been using Coolmine Motors for years. Great bunch of lads, never feel like I'm being overcharged and they'll always check first before doing any work over and above the service.

Thank you. Very reasonably priced anyway! Booked in

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Greenlights16

Hi guys, has anyone used Fast Car Service on Ballyboggan road (Chris) have heard good reports.

Mines a VW Golf MK6 2011, selling it on in the next 2 months so it needs a decent service just before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

Try Gerry on the Porterstown Road, opposite the entrance to Homeleigh

• Advertisement
Advertisement