Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dalgan park barriers?

• 22-07-2019 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

I was up at Dalgan park yesterday for a walk and noticed they now have barriers for cars at the entrance. What's that all about? Is it for security? When I drove in I had to wait a few seconds, not knowing what to do and eventually the barrier raised and I drove in. Similar experience getting out. I noticed 2 CCTV cameras as well. I can't imagine this is being manned 24/7!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

It is possibly an automated barrier designed to slow people coming in and out. I'd highly doubt that it is manned remotely. There was a problem with cars being broken into at one point. The cameras may help deter this.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Barney224

It seems to be a lot of effort just to deter people breaking into cars! I would assume this is all paid for by Dalgan Park themselves as they're not part of the council or OPW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

It is private land. Hardly a shock that they want to have a security system for those entering and leaving it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

Is there CCTV now when entering? I reckon it's a good idea and a deterrent for potential breakins of cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Barney224

rizzee wrote: »
    Is there CCTV now when entering? I reckon it's a good idea and a deterrent for potential breakins of cars.

I totally agree, but I wonder who's paying for all of that additional security?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭theunforgiven

I noticed the barriers myself when I was out last week for the first time in a while.
    I'd imagine the Columbans themselves are footing the bill for it. As its private property its probably in their interest to keep it secure.

Advertisement