Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I just ordered from Custompc.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

This looks like the usual crap from Custompc.ie to get free advertising. Like most on here, I would recommend avoiding them.

deceit wrote: »
    This looks like the usual crap from Custompc.ie to get free advertising. Like most on here, I would recommend avoiding them.

I tried to delete this thread. I can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

You ordered that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I tried to delete this thread. I can't.

Why are you deleting the thread? Did you have issues with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Was the . Expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Just looked at there prebuilds shameful amount of money for what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'll raise your . With

...............................................,........................... ................

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I'll raise your . With

...............................................,........................... ................

More like ... --- ... with that crowd :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

More like ... --- ... with that crowd :pac:

was looking at builds last week, i got one elsewhere as i found custompc.ie expensive.

are the shady or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Shady might be strong. They are a legitimate company.

I'd say terrible customer service is more apt.

Not sure if anyone remembers their brilliant shill on here before....in some thread, a guy said something like "I highly recommend custompc, I split a cup of coffee into my PSU and they fixed it perfectly". :D

• Advertisement

I actually got what I ordered, I was just concerned about the negative reviews I saw out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

They have a very poor reputation for service, their systems are massively overpriced for what they are. I looked there and they want 4100 euro for a 9900k system, 32gb ram and a 2070. Thats mad money you would get it for less than 2200 euro from one of the UK system builders or lord help us Dell even, hell you get laptops with similar specs for less.

Next time ask before you buy, we could have saved your a fortune.

They have a very poor reputation for service, their systems are massively overpriced for what they are. I looked there and they want 4100 euro for a 9900k system, 32gb ram and a 2070. Thats mad money you would get it for less than 2200 euro from one of the UK system builders or lord help us Dell even, hell you get laptops with similar specs for less.

Next time ask before you buy, we could have saved your a fortune.

I just bought a couple of parts, the price I got was actually competitive compared to other vendors. I ended up buying from a few different places.

Thanks for your advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I just bought a couple of parts, the price I got was actually competitive compared to other vendors. I ended up buying from a few different places.

Thanks for your advice.

What vendors did you check out that made these clowns seem like a good buy?

Venom wrote: »
    What vendors did you check out that made these clowns seem like a good buy?
    I really think its actually someone that owns the site using this account. Its common for the site to come on here with new accounts to try drum up new business.

deceit wrote: »
    I really think its actually someone that owns the site using this account. Its common for the site to come on here with new accounts to try drum up new business.

No, no, no.

I only had one experience with this company, and they delivered what I ordered so it's hard for me to join the chorus of disdain for them. But I do have some criticism, so maybe that will ease your paranoia.

So, when I was about to order from them I set up an account and placed my order into the basket. But before I bought them I decided to shop around on other sites bit more. When I returned to CPC I saw the items still in the basket and decided to buy them. Done.

I also ordered from three other sites, and received three order confirmations from them. Nothing from CPC. I waited until the next morning. No email. I checked my account on CPC. No order was listed. Oh crap, I thought. So I sent them an email and started to notice negative reviews about them.

That's when I posted here, but then decided I was overreacting a tad and deleted my post since it was less than 24 hours since I ordered.

I got a rather curt response saying that it was my email providers fault that the emails weren't arriving and I'll have to take it up with them. This was a WTF moment for me, I mean, even if that was true (it wasn't, my account setup email got through) why is it the customers responsibility? If I owned a business and my emails were being blocked I'd make it my priority to get it fixed.

Anyway, through our email exchange over the week it turned out that when I ordered the parts the system had logged me out of my account and allowed me to order as a guest. Yes, the ordering system took no contact details from me and allowed me to make the purchase.

*Picard face palm*

So yeah, the ordering experience was not the best. But, they did deliver what I ordered on time. One of the other vendors did not (delayed by a week now), and now I have a desk full of pretty new parts with no motherboard to bring it all together. So while my ordering experience was not the best, at least I got the ****ing parts on time.

So I hope that cures your McCarthyism. If it doesn't, perhaps go out for a while, it's a lovely day. :)

Sounds like a terrible experience. I know I won't be using them based on your experience. Thanks for that.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Sounds like a terrible experience. I know I won't be using them based on your experience. Thanks for that.

Yeah, I can't say I'd recommend them based on their ordering system and customer service... which is exactly what a shill account would say...

*thinking emoji*

Yeah, I can't say I'd recommend them based on their ordering system and customer service... which is exactly what a shill account would say...

Mine was a joke too. You still sounded like a shill account even when putting them down.

You're mad to be ordering from these cowboys. Prices are insane.

RossieMan wrote: »
    You still sounded like a shill account even when putting them down.

If you're completely insane it would seem that way.

I'm finding it all very amusing, so thanks for that.

• Advertisement

Whatever way this has gone the end of the thread should be avoid Custompc.ie and all their other sites they rebrand as.

Among other issues they will take your order and delay/ignore you until they order the part for you from elsewhere. Being a small micky mouse outfit they don't stock anything and only order from other places and add on their cut.

Just skip them and order from a reputable Uk/German outfit. Or if you want to use an Irish site go to elara.ie/memoryc.ie (memoryc hold stock of what they sell)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

There was another guy on here had a problem with an expensive PC from CustomPC, was shutting down under load, straight away from the spec we knew it was a PSU issue - if I remember correctly it was a 1700X and RX580 or Vega class machine on a 500w absolute junk, no-brand PSU.

He tried to return it and they basically fobbed him off repeatedly and said it was a software issue or something like that so not covered under 'warranty'. Blank point denied it was the PSU and refused to deal with him.

He went out and bought his own PSU and problem was solved immediately.

At this stage I'm not convinced it's not some lad in a shoebox room somewhere drop-selling.

I just had a quick look at their site to see recent prices.
    I grabbed a sale pc and compared it to overclockers. It was about 250 dearer than overclockers on a 600 euro pc. Absolute joke.
    You could take someones money, order from overclockers for them and make a profit.
    I had another look at a system with an rtx 2060 in it for €2500 :eek::pac:. I pitty the people fleeced by this crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

If you're completely insane it would seem that way.

I'm finding it all very amusing, so thanks for that.

What parts did you order? I'd love to know how anything was cheaper with them, were they clearance or something?

tedpan wrote: »
    What parts did you order? I'd love to know how anything was cheaper with them, were they clearance or something?

I've had enough of the McCarthy trials, to be honest. It's getting a bit creepy. If you check my post history, you can see the build I was aiming for.

This was my first ever build, so I obviously didn't have a clue what I was doing, hence I ended up at CPCs door. Other websites I used were Komplett and Laptops Direct.

I'm backing away slowly now...

Your complete lack of information on what you actually ordered for cheaper is probably the reason you seem so suspect.

If you knew the history here, you'd understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

I'm backing away slowly now...

Cool story bro

• Registered Users Posts: 28,027 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Looking at Brian's posting history he was considering a 2600 and a 1660Ti and was pricing everything from this crowd, Komplett and LaptopsDirect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Stuff like below why most people should either go to Curry's to pick up random pc, or if you know how to build just order from place that will have no questions asked return policy. Its better to pick your own parts and be sure what your getting, then pay someone else markup for whatever they might throw in. their faq section seems more concentrated on how they will not take any responsibility then anything else, tells a lot really.

If you have built your PC and it does not work you must be able to determine what component is any is not working and only this component should be returned.
    If you are unable to problem solve of to complete a PC build from components purchased we can collect the PC and complete the build however this will cost a minimum of €169.99 plus €24.99 for collect and return with FASTWAY.ie. We can only complete builds were all of the components have been purchased from ourselves. We cannot accept returns of customer built PCs and we will refuse all RMA requests other than for a component unless we have agreed to rebuild the PC and the fee has been paid to us to complet the service.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Sounds to me like he used the IE section of PC Part Picker and never thought to check the UK one to make some savings :)

Advertisement