Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying dollars

Options
  • 22-07-2019 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Am heading to Florida in a couple of weeks and wanted to find out the best place to get dollars.
    Was going to get them in the post office but was informed that they aren't great for exchange rates.
    Where do you prefer to get them?
    Is there much difference between each bank when exchanging euro to dollars?
    Am I only going to get an extra couple of euro per 1000 changed regardless of where I go?
    Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭Icsics

We find the Revolut card the best option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭wilser

Am bringing my credit card but just wanted to have cash as well.
    Never used the revolut card and think this trip might be a step too far for first time use

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I used the An Post money card earlier in the year. Found it to be very good. The exchange rate was about the same as the bank at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I used the An Post money card earlier in the year. Found it to be very good. The exchange rate was about the same as the bank at the time.

I'm currently living in the States and when relatives come out to visit, they've mostly used the an post dollar card. Just top it up and it's good to go. Ring fences your money as well, which is good for security.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

I'd just bring a couple of hundred euros and withdraw dollars on arrival.
    You can always exchange the euros for dollars at a rip off exchange rate if you're stuck, rather than getting ripped off changing euros for dollars in Ireland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement