Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value /performance X470 - X570 motherboard for Ryzen latest Gen

Options
  • 22-07-2019 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Hi

I was going to buy a X470 MB to go with a 2700 chip but want to have something that will take the upgrade to 3rd gen Ryzen 3700+ chips when I decide to.

Would I be better off with a good X470 now as I've seen SCAN UK offering compatible bios ipgrades for 10 gbp extra.

The X570 boards are pretty expensive at the moment but buying a B450 doesn't seem to be future proofed to the newer AMD chips.

Maybe I'll go with an X470 and 3700 if it made sense but I'd rather future proof my MB and upgrade chip in the future if I want

I've put this on the back burner for the last few months but it's now ten times more confusing with the new boards and chips in the mix

This is getting confusing :(

P. S. Watching Buildzoid is frying my brain

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Cr1318's VRM tier list v1.2

Almost every X470 & even X370 motherboards are "good enough" for the 8-core 3700X/3800X.
    Most B450s are, too.

I'd say go X470 if you're running at least 1x M.2 SSD, as the B450 chipset has fewer PCIe/SATA lanes so you'll be able to add fewer drives in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Cr1318's VRM tier list v1.2

Almost every X470 & even X370 motherboards are "good enough" for the 8-core 3700X/3800X.
    Most B450s are, too.

I'd say go X470 if you're running at least 1x M.2 SSD, as the B450 chipset has fewer PCIe/SATA lanes so you'll be able to add fewer drives in future.

Thanks for your help as always.

Im leaning towards this board

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/TUF-GAMING-X570-PLUS-WI-FI/

Any opinions?

If I'm going to spend a few quid on a more future proofed board, would this be enough?

Thanks again everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

amadablam wrote: »
    Hi

I was going to buy a X470 MB to go with a 2700 chip but want to have something that will take the upgrade to 3rd gen Ryzen 3700+ chips when I decide to.

Can I ask, why are you going with the 2700?

I'm doing something similar to you at the moment, and I can't seem to find any reason not to go for the 3600 but I'm worried now I'm missing something.

Similar plans to yourself, upgrade the processor in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

amadablam wrote: »
    Thanks for your help as always.

Im leaning towards this board

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/TUF-GAMING-X570-PLUS-WI-FI/

Any opinions?

If I'm going to spend a few quid on a more future proofed board, would this be enough?

Thanks again everyone.
    Buildzoid thinks it's fine.

Honestly all X570 motherboards are "fine" in general.

If I was buying for myself I'd just look for TOSLINK audio-out (for my speakers) & Intel LAN (my Qualcom Killer seems to have a habit of dropping out periodically).

Advertisement