Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The battle to set up a WhatsApp account continues

• 22-07-2019 4:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭

I'm trying to set up a WhatsApp account on a phone that was previously owned by someone else. When I go into the app it says it needs to be updated. When I hit 'update' a notification comes up saying "Sign into iTunes Store - enter password for Apple ID password for (email address of the previous phone user)". When I enter the password the notification just goes away... it doesn't tell me if I entered the right one or not. And then it just goes around in circles.

Eventually a verification code was sent the previous owner's new phone and I got a notification saying "An Apple ID verification code is required to sign in. Type your password" but there is no option on my phone for me to enter the actual code! The notification is followed by two options of "cancel" and "retry". Madness.

And when the code that was sent to the other phone, the display reads "enter password followed by the code into the password field". Does that seem unusual? that there's not a different space for each? Anyway I tried entering both in the same field (without a space) and it didn't work.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Was the phone wiped fully when you bought it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

If you’re being asked for the previous owner’s password then they didn’t erase the phone.

The prompt to enter the password followed by the code suggests it’s on an old iOS version.

Follow this article:

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT201351

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Problem Of Motivation

el_gaucho wrote: »
    If you’re being asked for the previous owner’s password then they didn’t erase the phone.

The prompt to enter the password followed by the code suggests it’s on an old iOS version.

Follow this article:

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT201351
    Thanks for the article,

I'm guessing that there's no option that allows me to not erase the content since I've taken over the phone?!

Advertisement