Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Flight from Amsterdam - Kildare Lads

• 22-07-2019 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,656 ✭✭✭

A bit of a long shot but looking for well I know one of the lads was from Kildare on a flight last night from Amsterdam. Ryanair flight that arrived into Dublin around 11 or there about me thinks...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,376 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Are you pregnant? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Are you pregnant? :pac:

I think you have to prepay for that service when you fly with Ryanair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,656 ✭✭✭Milly33

haha well as you said it i am but dont worry I know who the dad is... Just may have something that belongs to them

Do you know what town they're from? I hope they didn't get a pregnant lady to smuggle their drugs back.

Hope all goes well with the pregnancy!

Ah jaysus ye are giving Kildare lads an awfull bad image!! Loverly chap so he was, thinking maybe early 20's.. All i have is Kildare and Athy, they were dashing out for a bus to get home after the flight...Thought I was doing a good deed but sure should have left it with the staff really... Thank you too not much longer to go

• Advertisement

If it's valuable maybe ask the Kildare Now to put it on their website.

www.kildarenow.com

Thank you just emailed them there too see.. Tisnt really the norm thing to find, just wanted to return it. Have tried Ryanair but they arent much help.. Sure if tis meant to be tis meant to be.. Thanks for the help

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭beertons

You could try contacting Clem Ryan at KFM radio, and he might be able to find him for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Realistically you've taken the chances of them getting it back from quite good to tiny by doing this. Airline has a lost property setup that they have probably contacted. You may want to see if you can send it back basically

Milly33 wrote: »
    Thank you just emailed them there too see.. Tisnt really the norm thing to find, just wanted to return it. Have tried Ryanair but they arent much help.. Sure if tis meant to be tis meant to be.. Thanks for the help

They've published it! The Leinster Leader might also help and they have a facebook page. I think The Nationalist might be popular around the Athy area so might be worth a try.

• Advertisement

Yeah, just got a reply there so the lads were found (ye are a mighty bunch here) and well darn it tisnt their phone... Very annoying now i dont know what to do with it, it must be the passenger before them perhaps so going from Dub to Amsterdam.. S o annoying as the phone is charged up but it is locked so I cannot unlock it.. Ryanair arent being much help at all, saying contact lost and found and sure lost and found are saying the same thing..

Ah well, at least you tried, not sure what else you can do.

The owner might have a "find my phone" and will find you!

True true cant do much more.. Ahhhh maybe twill be Chris Hemsworth in his Thor costume and hell track it down just in time for my birthday... Whoop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Yeah, just got a reply there so the lads were found (ye are a mighty bunch here) and well darn it tisnt their phone... Very annoying now i dont know what to do with it, it must be the passenger before them perhaps so going from Dub to Amsterdam.. S o annoying as the phone is charged up but it is locked so I cannot unlock it.. Ryanair arent being much help at all, saying contact lost and found and sure lost and found are saying the same thing..

what type of phone is it? Apple or Android?

You should be able to use Siri or Google assistant to find the owner..

"hey google, phone home/mam/dad" etc.. same with Siri

Tis an android me thinks, sorry not into phones so I know it isnt an Apple so must be the other

Its mad, you think it would be fairly easy to return lost property like this but nope.. Got in contact with the sim card provider today and even they said it was fairly hopeless that due to data protection they would be able to get very little from the sim number and that yeah more or less, unless we managed to unlock it that was it...

Feel kinda bad now for saying that Galway people were nasty cus no one returned a phone we lost :)

If the owner has setup their Emergency contact (ICE) on the phone, then you can follow the below instructions:

Lock the phone your phone is already locked). Now wake it up but don't fully unlock it with the passcode or Touch ID. When you slide to get to the passcode screen, you should see Emergency at the top. ... Press Medical ID, and you'll see your information appear along with a phone icon that, when pressed, will automatically dial your ICE contact.

It might be a long shot at not many people setup their ICE details.

Nothing like that shows up, i can do an emergency call that is it..

Nothing like that shows up, i can do an emergency call that is it..

If you see the word Emergency with a phone beside it, tap on it and see if it does anything.
    I have it setup on my phone. Where the pin screen is there is the word emergency. I tap it twice and my medical information and ICE contact comes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

If nobody has even rang the phone since you found it... it is safe to assume they are not concerned about getting it back

• Advertisement

If you see the word Emergency with a phone beside it, tap on it and see if it does anything.
    I have it setup on my phone. Where the pin screen is there is the word emergency. I tap it twice and my medical information and ICE contact comes up.

Very clever idea, was saying it to my pars it might be something handy to set up on their phones.. See im old school flip phone and walla there you go simple

Great idea thinking they would ring, but sure that was our thoughts but the phone does'nt ring as you cannot open it properly..

Advertisement