Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The eBike thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

€1,240 per kWh? That's ridiculously expensive. I'd aim at about €100 per kWh, not many multiples of it. Bosch don't make batteries BTW, they buy them cheap from China like everyone else and then they stick a fancy "Bosch" sticker on it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Hey Lads, great thread here. I'm keen on getting an ebike for the weekend and the occasional work related trip to the post office :D. I live on top of a hill, so aside from cycling around in circles, a regular bike will result in a very sweaty, exhausting bike trip.

Given the insane rush on bikes over the last few months its not going to well. As far as I can tell these are my options:

Get a Cube or similar e-bike through the bike to work scheme. These seem decent bikes with a pedalmotor but its a bit pricy, about 2k or 1300 with the Bike to work discount. The biggest challenge is ebikes below €2.5k are basically gone from ost shops and it seems like in a lot of cases I would be waiting for a bike from the factory which would be next year.

Get a Rad Power bike which was linked in this thread previously, looks like a decent option, can't use the Bike2work but it works out about the same. Not sure how the hub motor will cope with the hills around me. Halfords is a similar option with a hub bike at €1.3k that I can't get bike to work for either. Under normal circumstances I would try a loaner but with Covid it seems a nightmare

Go with an aliexpress mad choice and get a samebike or similar, which looks really fun, and bonus points for being foldable, unfortuantely though it seems the world has copped onto this and they are up to $1.3k which is a lot of money to spend on Aliexpress.

Any thoughts ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭fuse

imitation wrote: »
    Hey Lads, great thread here. I'm keen on getting an ebike for the weekend and the occasional work related trip to the post office :D. I live on top of a hill, so aside from cycling around in circles, a regular bike will result in a very sweaty, exhausting bike trip.

Given the insane rush on bikes over the last few months its not going to well. As far as I can tell these are my options:

Get a Cube or similar e-bike through the bike to work scheme. These seem decent bikes with a pedalmotor but its a bit pricy, about 2k or 1300 with the Bike to work discount. The biggest challenge is ebikes below €2.5k are basically gone from ost shops and it seems like in a lot of cases I would be waiting for a bike from the factory which would be next year.

Get a Rad Power bike which was linked in this thread previously, looks like a decent option, can't use the Bike2work but it works out about the same. Not sure how the hub motor will cope with the hills around me. Halfords is a similar option with a hub bike at €1.3k that I can't get bike to work for either. Under normal circumstances I would try a loaner but with Covid it seems a nightmare

Go with an aliexpress mad choice and get a samebike or similar, which looks really fun, and bonus points for being foldable, unfortuantely though it seems the world has copped onto this and they are up to $1.3k which is a lot of money to spend on Aliexpress.

Any thoughts ?

Radpower customer service confirmed they can do the bike2work scheme in Ireland.

Have you considered a couple of other options that seem to be more easily available in Ireland
    VanMoof - https://www.vanmoof.com/en-IE

and Irish made Kuma bike.
    Saw one in a shop a few weeks ago it looked great
    https://www.kumabikes.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭k123456

Any thoughts ?

Fiido D4s

Thanks lads, the Kuma bikes look pretty nice as well, would be good to support an irish company as well. Seems they are sold out of the mid step until early next year alas, but I will see if I can try one out.

The Flido D4 looks cool too, but I think a hybrid/mtb would be a bit more comfy for me. Would be ideal for an urban commute.

Went with radmission, they seem to be the only ones with any sort of stock of ebikes, all the local shops have no supply til March and the manufacturers have hiked all the prices by 200-300 euros. They have a good accessories deal on at the moment too. The only concern is its a single gear bike, reviews of the EU version say it can handle them though so we shall see.

You don't need any gears if your motor is strong enough and if your battery lasts long enough :D

The Americans know how to do ebikes, the US version has 500w, and its got a 500wh battery which is big by EU standards. I saw some scally wags got other rad power bikes going at 500w by swapping controllers, but im not sure if the mission has an actual 250w motor for cost savings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Just an update on the range I am getting with my BBS02 and 17.5 battery. 130km of mixed hill and flat since last charge with 20 something percent left, only charged cause I had a long trip yesterday otherwise I would have kept going to see how much I can get out of it. Would be confident of getting 150 easily enough.

Worth noting I have mine set to a limit of 25km/hr and re programmed as I mentioned previously so that there is no speed limit (by this I mean it assists to the general cut off on 25km/hr, on default settings level one cuts off on like 8km/hr) on each of the 9 levels. I do pedal which means a fair bit of the time on the flat there is little or no assist as I pedal faster than 25 km/hr. It kicks in on hills and when starting off from a stop mainly. You would be surprised, on the flat once you are up to speed and pedalling even a little it takes very little power to keep you at 25/km/hr. Most of the time I am in level 1 to 4 except if there is a big hill.

It makes long trips with hills basically feel like going for a long brisk walk. Pleasant and still some exercise. One of my best purchases tbh and I can't wait until the summer when I am going do some cycle touring (will stay in airbnbs though most of the time, not a massive fan of tents!)

I just wanted to post a follow up on the radmission. It came very quickly to Ireland, although it was a with a certain notorius courier so getting it from them added a week sadly as they basically lost the bike itself.

Assembly was really easy, they do all the hard work, all you have to do is stick on the handle bars, pedals and front wheel, although I opted for extras like the mudguards and rear rack that meant a little more work disassembling the rear wheel, but it was all still perfectly fine. They do go on about torqueing bolts, but naturally I dont have a torque spanner, I was able to do it manually with a little care anyway. Theres plenty of warnings about safety when assembling, which after your first ride you will probably go back and read more carefully because this thing goes fast, you do not want some part to fall off it !

The bike looks similar to european bikes, but when you see it up close you can see the wheels are a good bit bigger and its of a sturdy construction, it also means its not particularly lightweight, but at 22kg its still way lighter than many of radpowers other bikes.

Unfortunately its crap time of year for bike rides, but I got some nice test rides in so far, about 7-8km's worth a go. On the flat its a dream, it up to 25 kph in no time, its really smooth to ride, the assist comes in at the right time and cuts perfectly. The biggest concern for me was that its a single speed fixie, and most ebike users admit they are usually in gear most of the time anyway, but of course when you hit the hills they are vital. They state it can take up to a 10% grade, which rings true for me, as one hill near me is about that, and both the bike and rider were struggling to get up, but we did it. Lesser hills are fine though, I think less than 8% and the bike needs next to no assistance at the top level. I'm happy enough thought, my usualy routes are below this threshold and I can now cover far more distance that I could ever do with these hills and my spagetti legs. I can't really speak to range, so far I'm finding I get like 25km running up and down hills at max assist, but the battery is not fully balanced. On paper its bigger than the competition from Cube or Halfords, with a 500Wh battery, so I think it will hit the stated range, on reasonably flat terrian with lower assist levels

If you need an ebike and don't have any steep hills about, I think it is a decent choice, as your getting a sturdily built bike from a respected supplier so you can actually get spare parts and support from. The price is also a big benefit, and if your employer is obliging enough to do a bike to work with them it would be an absolute steal. As it stands its cheaper than getting another ebike on bike to work anyway, apart from halfords. Hopefully a few bike shops in Ireland take them up, as I think they are invested in getting ebikes out there even now, trying to get a ebike from a european supplier is expensive and difficult at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Anyone ridden a Kuma?

I had practically pressed buy on a VanMoof S3 but got a bit turned off by it being a smart bike. I just want an electric bike and don't want to be fiddling with my phone to use it.

I like Kuma because they're Irish but can't find any reviews except for the Times piece which is a bit puffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 johndbee66

Mousewar wrote: »
    Anyone ridden a Kuma?

I had practically pressed buy on a VanMoof S3 but got a bit turned off by it being a smart bike. I just want an electric bike and don't want to be fiddling with my phone to use it.

I like Kuma because they're Irish but can't find any reviews except for the Times piece which is a bit puffy.

I tried the kuma R1. It was fine. Tried it out in bycyle solutions cork. Liked that it looks like a normal bike. The display is also well positioned in the handlebar. The only thing I did not like was it had no throttle. Would definitely test one yourself before forking out 1750. They also are in the cycle to work scheme which is a bonus. I too was about to buy a vanmoof, but all the bad reviews on trustpilot, & just about every other forum stopped me. I bought a babymaker electric bike in d end.

johndbee66 wrote: »
    I tried the kuma R1. It was fine. Tried it out in bycyle solutions cork. Liked that it looks like a normal bike. The display is also well positioned in the handlebar. The only thing I did not like was it had no throttle. Would definitely test one yourself before forking out 1750. They also are in the cycle to work scheme which is a bonus. I too was about to buy a vanmoof, but all the bad reviews on trustpilot, & just about every other forum stopped me. I bought a babymaker electric bike in d end.

There's bad reviews of the Vanmoof? I thought it was some beloved thing.
    I can see this is going to take me a while to decide.
    What's the babymaker like? Presume that wasn't cycle to work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Why in the name of feck did they choose a horrific name like Babymaker?

I just wanted to post a follow up on the radmission. It came very quickly to Ireland, although it was a with a certain notorius courier so getting it from them added a week sadly as they basically lost the bike itself.

Assembly was really easy, they do all the hard work, all you have to do is stick on the handle bars, pedals and front wheel, although I opted for extras like the mudguards and rear rack that meant a little more work disassembling the rear wheel, but it was all still perfectly fine. They do go on about torqueing bolts, but naturally I dont have a torque spanner, I was able to do it manually with a little care anyway. Theres plenty of warnings about safety when assembling, which after your first ride you will probably go back and read more carefully because this thing goes fast, you do not want some part to fall off it !

The bike looks similar to european bikes, but when you see it up close you can see the wheels are a good bit bigger and its of a sturdy construction, it also means its not particularly lightweight, but at 22kg its still way lighter than many of radpowers other bikes.

Unfortunately its crap time of year for bike rides, but I got some nice test rides in so far, about 7-8km's worth a go. On the flat its a dream, it up to 25 kph in no time, its really smooth to ride, the assist comes in at the right time and cuts perfectly. The biggest concern for me was that its a single speed fixie, and most ebike users admit they are usually in gear most of the time anyway, but of course when you hit the hills they are vital. They state it can take up to a 10% grade, which rings true for me, as one hill near me is about that, and both the bike and rider were struggling to get up, but we did it. Lesser hills are fine though, I think less than 8% and the bike needs next to no assistance at the top level. I'm happy enough thought, my usualy routes are below this threshold and I can now cover far more distance that I could ever do with these hills and my spagetti legs. I can't really speak to range, so far I'm finding I get like 25km running up and down hills at max assist, but the battery is not fully balanced. On paper its bigger than the competition from Cube or Halfords, with a 500Wh battery, so I think it will hit the stated range, on reasonably flat terrian with lower assist levels

If you need an ebike and don't have any steep hills about, I think it is a decent choice, as your getting a sturdily built bike from a respected supplier so you can actually get spare parts and support from. The price is also a big benefit, and if your employer is obliging enough to do a bike to work with them it would be an absolute steal. As it stands its cheaper than getting another ebike on bike to work anyway, apart from halfords. Hopefully a few bike shops in Ireland take them up, as I think they are invested in getting ebikes out there even now, trying to get a ebike from a european supplier is expensive and difficult at the moment.

Be interested in an update as to how you're going. This bike seems ideal but like you, I'm unsure about the single speed.
    I'm be looking at using it for a 20k commute.
    And then back again...

• Registered Users Posts: 35 johndbee66

Im still waiting on my babymaker to arrive. Those who have received their bikes seem very happy with them. I hope this helps you but if ur going to be commuting to work each day i would not recommend a fixie. Its really down to the terrain ur travelling on. If its hilly in places a single speed bike is not great. I have a dutch batavus mambo with 8 speed & throttle. Which i find great. Hope thats some help to you

Link to the babymaker ? Jesus, why such a name ?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Ricey3509

I've had this one, Cube Nature, for the last few months (cost 2K) , rock solid build quality and a very natural assistance , its like getting a small shove in the small of your back at take off. Its got a 400Wh battery and Bosch motor and I get about 100Km range on eco setting. I looked at the vanmoof but the major thing which put me off was local support if something went wrong and also the battery can't be removed for charging.

Be interested in an update as to how you're going. This bike seems ideal but like you, I'm unsure about the single speed.
    I'm be looking at using it for a 20k commute.
    And then back again...

Its still going great, I've been doing pleasure rides only given all the lockdowns, of about 8km a go, up and down fairly hilly terrain. Its got a slightly larger battery than most ebikes, I think 40km on low/nedium assist on gentle roads would be fine.

The single gear is only really a limitation on steep hills, over the 10% grade. Theres not too much of that in Dublin, but its hilly around where I am and theres 1 particular hill that I can get up but it needs a fair whack of effort from me. In contrast if I was on a pushbike with gears I would also be on the verge of dismounting on that hill as a casual cyclist. If you were hitting that every day I think a pedal motor bike with gears would be the best shout as you will get the assistance you need.

If your not in a rush theres a few places you can rent the bikes in Ireland and test them out, I'm sure they might let you test ride in fairness
    https://radpowerbikes.eu/pages/where-to-ride -

• Advertisement

Another Irish company. Some 23 year old whippersnapper from Cabinteely is the CEO. Seems in the style of a VanMoof but battery is removable. Too new for there to be much in the way of reviews.
    https://modmo.io/products/saigon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Another Irish company. Some 23 year old whippersnapper from Cabinteely is the CEO. Seems in the style of a VanMoof but battery is removable. Too new for there to be much in the way of reviews.

That's impressive! Nice looking bikes too.

When I was 23 I didn't know my arse from my elbow! :(

That's impressive! Nice looking bikes too.

When I was 23 I didn't know my arse from my elbow! :(

Yeah same. Very impressive.

I'm actually tempted. It has a front motor though. Not sure what that would be like.

Front motor is fine. Will give you all wheel drive (AWD) :p

But seriously, it makes quite a bit of sense to have the motor in the front of a low power electric bike. The motor assists. Go high power (thus not road legal anway) and it becomes a lot trickier. That's why you don't have any petrol motorbikes with FWD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Fair play to the Modmo lad, I too was once a 23 year old from Cabinteely, hope he does well.

Got this yesterday, have yet to give it a decent spin. Thought I'd be back in the office this year at some point so planning to get a bit more exercise.

FC9-D20-D6-8-DEA-4-F52-AEF1-DBBE821-F000-A.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

mailforkev wrote: »
    Fair play to the Modmo lad, I too was once a 23 year old from Cabinteely, hope he does well.

Got this yesterday, have yet to give it a decent spin. Thought I'd be back in the office this year at some point so planning to get a bit more exercise.

Is that the Van Moof? Looks lovely

• Advertisement

Looks class Kev, well wear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

mailforkev wrote: »

That is a stunning looking bike, I think its beautiful.

If you painted it black and put on a basket it would be the big old heavy bike at the newsagents we used to do our paper round on, same bars and frame !!.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭loughside

You mean a `drop-shipper` for some Chinese bike factory!!

Quote from site..
    "Saigon’s 200km range battery is discreetly housed inside the frame,"

200km :rolleyes::rolleyes:

come on..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭loughside

unkel wrote: »
    Front motor is fine. Will give you all wheel drive (AWD) :p
    But seriously, it makes quite a bit of sense to have the motor in the front of a low power electric bike. The motor assists. Go high power (thus not road legal anway) and it becomes a lot trickier. That's why you don't have any petrol motorbikes with FWD

Ohh, ok...... thought the chain was the issue there tongue.png

loughside wrote: »
    You mean a `drop-shipper` for some Chinese bike factory!!

Quote from site..
    "Saigon’s 200km range battery is discreetly housed inside the frame,"

200km :rolleyes::rolleyes:

come on..!!

You doubt them?
    I'm quite tempted. I mainly need a commuter bike but so many of them are quite boring looking. If I'm gonna spend 2-3k, I'd like something a bit fun as well. Modmo looks like fun.
    I was back and forth with them on email. They're nice folk anyway. Fully refundable deposit up to shipping (April btw) and 15 days to return for any reason for a full refund.

• Advertisement

It will do 200km no bother. As long as you provide 80-85% of the power and let the motor help you a tiny bit :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭nokiatom

The bikes are made in Vietnam.
    the 200km range was based on:

250W motor, power level 2, 60kg (9.5 stone) rider, 30C temperature and a battery with approximately 20 charge cycles.
    Thats with pedal assist and at level 2 you wont be going very fast. Obviously it was a Vietnamese who tested the bike as they are small people!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

It will do 200km no bother. As long as you provide 80-85% of the power and let the motor help you a tiny bit :p

The new WLTP for ebikes - make up any range figure you like.
    I'd bet Bradley Wiggins or Chris Froome could go 500kms on an ebike with a 200Wh battery :D.

It's clear in their FAQ page regarding the range............
    How far can SAIGON take me without charging?

Is the battery range really 200km?
    Our '200km range battery' claim is based on real-life testing... and yes, it really is up to 200km.

Up to!!!

It's ridiculous marketing BS.

MY GOD !

Someones getting actual advice on ebikes in the cycling forum !

LOL :D

I guess these days even the most conservative, reactionary people are slowly starting to realise that electric bikes and cars are the way forward

The advice given so far is go to cycle shop (no less), and hire one. Seems OK, but I would not recommend buying one from a cycle shop, from what I have seen they have limited/restricted ranges and overpriced ?

Hopefully the question gets asked on this thread, I have posted the link.

Well the speed will be restricted under EU law, the range will be whatever battery/motor combination you get and level of assist you use when pedalling, nobody would restrict that.

Thargor wrote: »
    Well the speed will be restricted under EU law, the range will be whatever battery/motor combination you get and level of assist you use when pedalling, nobody would restrict that.

The range of choice would be restricted !

They carry a limited range of bikes, sorry in hindsight range was a bad word to use !

Here is an interesting comparison. A Specialized shop bought bike costing the guts of €10k :eek: vs a home made bike from Andy Kirby, I doubt he spent more than €2k on it. The Specialized has to comply of course with EU rules about road legal bikes: 250W maximum, max 25km/h and only work while the rider is pedaling

It is so slow it is pretty much useless :D

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    The range of choice would be restricted !

They carry a limited range of bikes, sorry in hindsight range was a bad word to use !
    Aha yeah sorry I should have thought of that :D

• Advertisement

Once you hit around 5.5 Kw with a Direct drive hub you're into serious fun, but you'll really need LiPo at that stage and probably well before 5.5 Kw too.

I think on my power meter, the cycle analyst I say peaks of nearly 10 Kw, the acceleration was unreal and it's the peaks you really must consider when building a batter or buying one.

It was a small direct drive motor and the only conclusion I can come to as to why I didn't cook it is because it climbed decent hills so fast it wasn't pulling max power for long and I was running higher voltage. But I wouldn't have been climbing mount Leinster with it.

I had some serious torque arms too.

Hubs are real fun, no loss of power or changing gears, it's really a pleasure, God I really miss my MAC motor, that was great for the size of it and I could pedal it without that big drag of a direct drive motor.

Once you hit around 5.5 Kw with a Direct drive hub you're into serious fun

:eek: :D

I think it is fair to say once you hit 1kW you are into serious fun. That's 4 times as much as that €10k Specialized bike has!!!

:eek: :D

I think it is fair to say once you hit 1kW you are into serious fun. That's 4 times as much as that €10k Specialized bike has!!!

Ah yes but remember the peak power of nearly 10 Kw ;) people forget the peaks and kill batteries fast when they're building ebikes and trip the BMS if they buy a battery and forget about the peaks, this is not good when crossing a busy junction! :eek:

But where's the fun in buying batteries ? :D

Indeed and doing it yourself is amazing fun once you know how to handle LiPo without a BMS you're grand and the ultra mega importance of Torque arms.

Custom built ebike frames are great but not for me who really likes to pedal, need to keep the weight down.

1 Kw into a direct drive hub is not that entertaining, 2 Kw into a geared Hub is to those not used to a bit of power, it's pretty decent I have to say, I was able to do 50 Km/hr on full throttle with 50v and the MAC 8T motor, 40 amp controller, was a great hill climber too.

I had to rewire my hubs too, best wire ever was the Alpha eco wire or something like that, it was really thin stuff but could handle mad current, opening the motors and rewiring was a pain. but well worth it.

Those were the days.

Dunno about killing batteries. The mid drive Bafang in my bike is officially 750W but with a fully charged 52V nominal battery (at close to 59V), I get nearly 2kW. Even when using just 2 scooter battery packs (€25 each), this is fine, the batteries are still grand and if I have to replace them every few years that's just €50 and a charger is only a tenner. I bet you paid more for your charger than I paid for my batteries :p

These batteries are 7S3P each and I have them in series. I guess the capacity of a cell is about 2.2Ah, so at full wattage I put 30A into the pack which is (30A / 2.2Ah) / 3 parallel = C rating of nearly 5 :D not bad for a dirt cheap battery made of ubiquitous lithium ion 18650 cells...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Dunno about killing batteries. The mid drive Bafang in my bike is officially 750W but with a fully charged 52V nominal battery (at close to 59V), I get nearly 2kW. Even when using just 2 scooter battery packs (€25 each), this is fine, the batteries are still grand and if I have to replace them every few years that's just €50 and a charger is only a tenner. I bet you paid more for your charger than I paid for my batteries :p

These batteries are 7S3P each and I have them in series. I guess the capacity of a cell is about 2.2Ah, so at full wattage I put 30A into the pack which is (30A / 2.2Ah) / 3 parallel = C rating of nearly 5 :D not bad for a dirt cheap battery made of ubiquitous lithium ion 18650 cells...
    I get nervous when my bafang (same as yours) pulls 1000w in case it damages the motor. lol if you havnt damaged it at 2k it would seem I have no need to worry!

I have been toying with the idea of making a small light battery to throw into my pannier as an "emergency reserve" of sorts, but considering I get 100km plus range it would want to be some emergency

Motor is indesctructible. Pretty much all electric motors are, direct drive hub, geared hub, mid drive. On a geared hub or a Bafang mid drive, at some point you will wear the nylon gears out, but they are cheap to replace. Did it myself in my fat bike with a front geared hub motor that was rated for 250W. I put a tiny bit more through it :D

That yoke was fun. Maybe I should sell my current eBike and buy a full sus fat bike and put the most powerful rear geared hub motor in it that I can find.

I was running 20 C Lipo at the time which was a decent price and a 10 Ah pack so had around 200 amps at my disposal. :D Of course they had a lot better than 20C then and today but I didn't need it. But that could have giving me 12 Kw of power haha imagine, that's continuous power too. :D

Still, when I think that the little motor rated at 1 Kw could take 5.5 Kw and almost 10 peak, it's amazing the amount of power you can dump into a motor even if it's just for short bursts.

You really should get back in the saddle Mad_Lad!

Economy is the new speed, I don't bounce well enough these days !

• Advertisement

Full suspension, a sprung saddle bar and fat tyres at low pressure all help there, SlowBlowin :D

Advertisement