Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finglas 1964 video

Options
  • 22-07-2019 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭

https://youtu.be/qEESb5acaJo

Was watching this yesterday and it mentions a road in Finglas called McKinley Road. I wouldn't go as far as to saying that I know Finglas like the back of my hand but have knowledge of many of the roads but never heard of the above before.

Anyone else know where it is ? Could they have meant Mckelvey up towards Charlestown ?

Just curious, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Same designs of houses as in McKelvey and every reference to McKinley Road online is just variants of that video; also zero hits in the Irish Times archives. Write it down as an error I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Great footage to see from a social history perspective.

Can't recall seeing anything like it before even in spite of the number of projects like finglas that took place in Dublin and Cork.

Mr Griffin (one of the people interviewed) had the look of an army man before he said that he was in the army.

Advertisement