Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Boards Beers 27th July

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I suggest sooner rather than later, whilst the thread has a bit of momentum.

Would tomorrow night be too soon? Saturday?

If it's any consolation, awareness of mental health issues has leaped forwards in recent years, and I reckon almost everyone has at least one mental health issue anyway. So don't stress it. Come to the beers and you'll have at least one person who won't leave you hanging by yourself.

I think the group I went with were friends already or at least knew it each other outside of boards so that feeling of intruding did hit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Only if it’s on bin day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

Only if it’s on bin day
    Because everyone there is trash and smell bad ? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Wibbs wrote: »
    iMakikomi's alright too I suppose... :D

Agreed. It's not worth the karate chop to say anythin else wibbser :D

And he’s about 8 foot 6 !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Judo chop. Sheesh, get it right FFS. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Wibbs wrote: »
    Judo chop. Sheesh, get it right FFS. :D

Wanna see me go haa? Hit you with the lang. Hai ya!

FFred wrote: »
    And he’s about 8 foot 6 !

Doesn't matter how tall a man stands Fred, or heavy a man walks. Equilibrium. Over to makkikomi... He'll explain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

What are the toilets like in Flannery's?

Computer says yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

You sound too lovely, and now I am glad you are not coming, I would only disappoint your expectations (but try to come).

As for the rest of us, we should make some kind of serious plan. Flannery's on Saturday, does that work? It's reasonably quiet around 8pm even on a Saturday.

If you’re not dressed head to toe in tweed I’ll be very disappointed.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

If you’re not dressed head to toe in tweed I’ll be very disappointed.
    If you don’t arrive in a set of “inverted commas” then I’ll be disappointed...

What are the toilets like in Flannery's?

I’ll quote myself from earlier .....

Reminder on the night out to make sure that you confirm the adjacent stalls are empty of fellow lavatarians (especially JohnnyFlash), before unleashing any devils dumplings ; lest you spawn another ‘etiquette’ thread

bluewolf wrote: »
    Computer says yes

I think yer computer is banjaxxed...

I think you're banjaxxed

😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭kikilarue2

I actually can do Saturday night.

kikilarue2 wrote: »
    A meet up on Camden Street sounds ideal to me, and not just because it’s a 6 minute walk from my place :)

Walking distance for me too, neighbour. We can shove the rest of them into taxis. So what are we saying about a date and time?

You guys!! This is beautiful <3

A meet up on Camden Street sounds ideal to me, and not just because it’s a 6 minute walk from my place :)

Walking distance for me too, neighbour. We can shove the rest of them into taxis. So what are we saying about a date and time?

You guys!! This is beautiful :heart:

Are you coming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Are you coming?

I think retro is suggesting that you might be

I might pop along :)

That’s three.

Anyone else?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Might pop along too :)

Pick a venue....

Pick a date.....

Wait for everyone to make excuses......

We’ve got a handful of people talking about Flannery’s on Camden Street this Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

We’ve got a handful of people talking about Flannery’s on Camden Street this Saturday.

Make it official so!

Okay: I hereby officially propose beers at Flannery’s on Saturday evening.

Who’s in?

Make it official so!

Who’s in?

Make it official so!

Who’s in?

I've a feeling a few people might poop along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I've a feeling a few people might poop along.

Ill be the first one to make excuses unfortunately ha. Its my aunty's 50th Saturday so Ill be at that!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm free this weekend. Let's f*ck sh*t up.

Ill be the first one to make excuses unfortunately ha. Its my aunty's 50th Saturday so Ill be at that!

Is the party in her house? Just the one toilet? I'd say the throne will see some action. Absolutely minging by the end of the day. Probably serving rich and starchy food too with a few of the older relatives looking for tea and coffee. If it was my house I'd put plastic sheeting down around the toilet and a little fluorescent sign asking people to remember to wash their hands.

I shall put on my best shoes!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I shall put on my best shoes!!

1100-851-ff55249.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Will I sticky this for yis ?

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    1100-851-ff55249.jpg

Boom first you likened me to Wurzel Gummidge and now you are implying I'm a clown? I expect you to attend tomorrow night so you can put your assumptions to rest.

I'll be there to see this clown/scarecrow hybrid :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Only re-regged this evening and she's already starting threads about Boards beers. Notions!

Anyone attended one in the past? How were they organised? Anyone up for it? QUESTIONS!

No. There's no camaraderie here anymore. It's just journos trolling for clickbait article ideas now.

How about now? Is that too soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

How about now? Is that too soon?

I think he's afraid he'll go and stand on his own, and leave on his own, and go home and cry and want to die :cool:

(we're doing Smiths references, yeah?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

You had me until Flannery's. A more woejus kip I have never been to in my life.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    You had me until Flannery's. A more woejus kip I have never been to in my life.

You’re not from the country then, I take it, D?

Country folk love nothing more than squeezing into a packed Flannerys before making their way to a packed Cooper Faced Jacks.

I’m not sure where the “attraction” lies but, if I had to guess, I’d say it’s from growing up in vast open, isolated, spaces so when they hit the “big smoke” they want to get as close to other people as possible.

If you’re looking to meet people, possible for the first time, and to have a bit of a chat I can think of nowhere worse than one of the most popular, outside of Templebar, pubs in Dublin.

But good luck to the attendees, hope it’s a good night.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Is Flannerys a bit of a hole then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It depends. What's your opinion on GAA jerseys outside of match days?

It’s not a hole, it’s just a particularly popular spot. “Cassidys”, “Devitts”, “Ryans” or “Camden Exchange” would all be, in my opinion, better suited for this sort of “meet up”.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    It depends. What's your opinion on GAA jerseys outside of match days?

Oh Jaysus. I might be washing the hair tomorrow night so.

It’s not a hole, it’s just a particularly popular spot. “Cassidys”, “Devitts”, “Ryans” or “Camden Exchange” would all be, in my opinion, better suited for this sort of “meet up”.

What? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I don't live in Dublin so it's a no from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It’s a culchie sweat shop type pub with watery beer, brutal music and a muck savage clientele. The toilets can be gross.
    But apart from that it’s grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

As someone who won't be there and is from the country, I'd go Cassidys. F*ck Flannerys.

Even the most culchie of culchies can find Cassidys too so it makes it easier.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

So have we decided on a date and venue yet?

I agree that most of the keyboard warriors types won’t bother to show up, lest they be actually challenged on their opinionated ranty posts. Would be great to finally put face to usernames. I do know a few boardsies in the real world but not through a boards meet up.