Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Short IQ Test.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

marcbrophy wrote: »

Like those damn maths ones that you'll get a different answer for if you do the stuff in the brackets first or if you multiply first. They are designed to be abstract and hook you with a line like "99% of you will FAIL". :D

Yeah, my OH's addicted, got onto one recently where it wouldn't advance you until the correct answer was inserted for the current problem, etc., last I saw she was at over 5,500 correct... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Fuf it! you're right, the penny has dropped.

Nickel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

1. A bat and a ball cost $1.10 in total. The bat costs $1 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?

The ball costs 25c. Everyone that said 5c is wrong. Here's why:

Yes, the Bat & the Ball cost $1.10, but that's a special offer, like how a 4 Pack of Bountys are in Tesco*.

If you went into Tesco and subtracted the cost of three Bountys from the full cost of what 4 pack costs, in order to find out how much one Bounty was, you'd be laughed at. I know, I've tried it and no how much you appeal to them they will not let you have one Bounty for 2c.

The Bat costs $1.25 and the Ball costs $0.25c.

So $1.10 for both is actually a pretty good deal. Just like a Bounty 4 pack.

*Dealz is actually cheaper at €1.50.

Advertisement