Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salary scale pre 2011 less then post 2011 in some cases

Options
  • 23-07-2019 8:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

I’ve just noticed this..

I’m on the pre 2011 pay scale. Because I didn’t hit the threshold of 600 hours very often over 13 years and also took a few years off I’m only on point 3 of the scale. This year I had a prpt contract so I will automatically move to point 4 of the pre 2011 scale. That’s my understanding.

I’ve just notice that point 3 of the pre 2011 scale is actually point 1 on the post 11 scale. Point 4 pre 2011 roughly equates to point 2 post 2011. Point 6 pre 2011 equates to point 4 post 2011.

Am I missing something here? Have I fallen in to an unfortunate crack here? Pay equality for NQTs is such a worthy fight and I’ve helped where I could. I didn’t realise I was worse off than any of them??? Is it too early in the morning? Do I have this all wrong? I began reaching 2006 and got my PGDE in 2010.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

You should be getting allowances on top of that, they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Point 3 of the old scale was effectively the first point of the scale for the vast majority of teachers. If you even hit the 600 hours in one year of the 13 you should have moved up the scale.

Did you hit the threshold in any of those years? And to echo, you should have got your allowances as well.

Advertisement