Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Data: Sligo to Dublin

Options
  • 23-07-2019 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I'm an eir customer and the quality of mobile data on the Sligo Dublin train line is very spotty. Do any other providers have a better service along?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭GIMP

Probably Vodafone, I drove through Kildare, Meath, Westmeath, Longford and Roscommon at the weekend streaming Spotify and the signal never dropped once in a 300km round trip. Near enough to that train route at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Slightly off topic but does anyone else find that they end up on edge inside a lot of buildings? Didn't think I had the problem years back when I was last with them in the meteor days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭GIMP

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but does anyone else find that they end up on edge inside a lot of buildings? Didn't think I had the problem years back when I was last with them in the meteor days.

One of the reasons i left Meteor 2 years ago I just got sick of having Edge in too many locations! Not bigging Vodafone up but I rarely see E symbol on my phone indoors in multiple locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

GIMP wrote: »
    One of the reasons i left Meteor 2 years ago I just got sick of having Edge in too many locations! Not bigging Vodafone up but I rarely see E symbol on my phone indoors in multiple locations.

Ok, glad it's not the phone so. Yes I was with Vodafone before and their network is far more robust from what I can see. I'll probably go back to them when my discount with eir finishes.

Advertisement