Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland agrees to plan on migrant resettlement

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

The Camp of the Saints is racist bollocks and Raspail is a right wing nut-job.

It's an interesting premise for sure, but his descriptions of Indians in the novel would read like something the British would have written about Indians, and Irish, in the 1800's.

And this was written in the 1970's.

Well even if that's the case a lot of what haapened in the book is suspiciously similar to what is happening today

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Odhinn wrote: »
    Nope.

I'm sorry.. you can't turn around and say "we signed up to the Geneva convention", and then ignore another convention/law because it doesn't suit your argument

But I'll be clear for you... I don't want thousands of mostly illiterate, no/low-skilled economic chancers leeching off the Irish taxpayer. We have enough of those (natively) as it is that we should be dealing with without importing even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

enricoh wrote: »
    Are the multinationals here for access to the eu? If we left, do a fair percentage of them go elsewhere? If not irexit all the way imo.
    Or would our politicians not countenance the end of plum eu jobs?!

How long will that last. Sooner or later the EU will force tax changes to our detriment.

Same as with migration now, France & Germany will decide what it means to be in the EU.

Seriously just **** Macron
    Europe can't be a la carte when it comes down to solidarity. We can't have states which say 'We don't want any of your Europe when it's about sharing the burden but we do when it's about structural funds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

jmreire wrote: »
    The War in Syria is far from finished, will be several more years before that happens.

Only conflict area is Idlib, no reason for anyone to flee all the way to Ireland when they can find a safe area in Syria

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Practically no coverage of this agreement in the Irish media which shows you the state of things. Or maybe I've missed it all but I doubt it.
    All being kept hush hush...don't want to spook the locals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

All the anti EU talk is dangerous. People forget the one great thing about europe is peace. So what immigration is perhaps up into europe. We are all part of the human race. We should however be zero tollerant of importing hard core criminals. And déport those who commit crime without much effort through the courts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Stephen15 wrote: »
    We should just do what Hungary and Poland are doing and disobeying the EU. Can't see the EU lasting too much longer anyway unles they change their act and stop bullying countries.

We don’t have to disobey them. We have the right to veto taking in migrants. The EU is a bully though, so I’m sure we’ve been told there would be repercussions if we used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭bloopy

Is there anywhere to find details on what Ireland has signed up to with this?
    I have been looking but just get the same 2 or 3 paragraph story on all the news sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Only way any chance change will happen is vote out the mainstream parties like ff fg sf Labour greens and vote in some parties who are anti mass immigration.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,129 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Only way any chance change will happen is vote out the mainstream parties like ff fg sf Labour greens and vote in some parties who are anti mass immigration.

Which parties?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

jay0109 wrote: »
    Practically no coverage of this agreement in the Irish media which shows you the state of things. Or maybe I've missed it all but I doubt it.
    All being kept hush hush...don't want to spook the locals.
    bloopy wrote: »
    I have been looking but just get the same 2 or 3 paragraph story on all the news sites.
    Yep. This is the modus operandi for the liberal Irish media when dealing with stories that involve the importation of non-EU economic migrants into Ireland by Fine Gael.
    It is amazing that not one reporter or journalist in the whole of the country would not ask questions about this big news announcement e.g. how many Africans are we dealing with? Are we talking about hundreds or thousands of people? Where is the money coming from in order to house/feed/support and provide social welfare for these economic migrants e.g. is it coming from the rainy day fund?

The lack of reporting is part of the covert process that Fine Gael employs in trying to make every village and town in Ireland "diverse".

bloopy wrote: »

The details haven't been released. Basically it's burden sharing, they will still have to go through the asylum process. With a 90% + rejection rate and a bed in an over crowded hotel or theme park awaiting them, I doubt they will be too keen to be chosen to come here.

Ireland sign up for these things and then don't bother fulfilling quotas or meeting their commitments.

The last one they signed up for, they took less than half they committed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

We don’t have to disobey them. We have the right to veto taking in migrants. The EU is a bully though, so I’m sure we’ve been told there would be repercussions if we used it.

What we have the right to do and what leo will do are completely different things sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Boggles wrote: »
    The details haven't been released. Basically it's burden sharing, they will still have to go through the asylum process. With a 90% + rejection rate and a bed in an over crowded hotel or theme park awaiting them, I doubt they will be too keen to be chosen to come here.

Ireland sign up for these things and then don't bother fulfilling quotas or meeting their commitments.

The last one they signed up for, they took less than half they committed to.

Your either very innocent or are deliberately trying to mislead. Probably the later.

How does that high rejection rate tie with the number of deportations? Be sure to work 'remain to stay' into your calculation.
    And why are our asylum seeker application rates increasing if you doubt many will be keen to chose here?

jay0109 wrote: »
    Your either very innocent or are deliberately trying to mislead. Probably the later.

How does that high rejection rate tie with the number of deportations? Be sure to work 'remain to stay' into your calculation.
    And why are our asylum seeker application rates increasing if you doubt many will be keen to chose here?

Wasn't my claim. Another posted linked the figures.

Anyway we have been through all this yesterday.

Give it a read.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

The indian will bend over backwards for the Eu no doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Pissartist wrote: »

He was born in the Rotunda and raised in Dublin but just keep on spouting your ignorant gob****ery.....

• Registered Users Posts: 38,385 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah he was but brought up by his Indian parents so he'd certainly not have plenty of Indian culture about him.

Kivaro wrote: »
    The lack of reporting is part of the covert process that Fine Gael employs in trying to make every village and town in Ireland "diverse".

tinfoil-hat.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah he was but brought up by his Indian parents so he'd certainly not have plenty of Indian culture about him.

A white Irish mother....

Want to keep highlighting your breathtaking ignorance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Anto Lynch

Pissartist wrote: »

Hes only half Indian.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

All the anti EU talk is dangerous. People forget the one great thing about europe is peace. So what immigration is perhaps up into europe. We are all part of the human race. We should however be zero tollerant of importing hard core criminals. And déport those who commit crime without much effort through the courts.

The folks in Greece, Spain and Italy might take a different view to your own.

A zero tolerance policy like the one Australia has should be adopted.

A zero tolerance policy like the one Australia has should be adopted.

Zero Tolerance on what?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,385 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

A white Irish mother....
    Want to keep highlighting your breathtaking ignorance?
    She lived in India didn't she?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Zero Tolerance on what?

Illegal immigration

• Site Banned Posts: 136 ✭✭rainybillwill

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Illegal immigration

Same as Ireland so.

All though Australia take in far more Refugees than we do.

College Student off his head on MDMA?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

College Student off his head on MDMA?

:confused:

Ive had a lot of incidents through my college years on mdma, never once was there a temptation to run down a road after women and masturbate over them, not even vaugely close. But then again the belief system I was raised with actually sees women as human beings so..... different strokes (pun intended)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 136 ✭✭rainybillwill

Ive had a lot of incidents through my college years on mdma, never once was there a temptation to run down a road after women and masturbate over them, not even vaugely close. But then again the belief system I was raised with actually sees women as human beings so..... different strokes (pun intended)

He actually looks a bit like leo
    https://www.thesun.ie/news/4365041/sicko-exposed-himself-two-year-suspended-sentence/

Advertisement