Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland agrees to plan on migrant resettlement

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Dude89

jay0109 wrote: »
    Your either very innocent or are deliberately trying to mislead. Probably the later.

How does that high rejection rate tie with the number of deportations? Be sure to work 'remain to stay' into your calculation.
    And why are our asylum seeker application rates increasing if you doubt many will be keen to chose here?

Brilliant reply, people conveniently leave out the part that FAILED Asylum seekers receive LEAVE TO REMAIN VISAS after there constant appeals

The department of justice and equality are handing these VISA'S out like they've gone out of fashion.

When people say the numbers who claim Asylum is low that's because only a small percentage are found to be genuine the rest are just economic migrants that know what they can get here, they still receive a visa to live here an can still apply for family reunification to bring large amount of family members here to join them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,130 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Ive had a lot of incidents through my college years on mdma, never once was there a temptation to run down a road after women and masturbate over them, not even vaugely close. But then again the belief system I was raised with actually sees women as human beings so..... different strokes (pun intended)

I don't see how your experience with mind alerting drugs are relevant.

I also don't see how this story is relevant to this thread.

Dude89 wrote: »
    When people say the numbers who claim Asylum is low that's because only a small percentage are found to be genuine the rest are just economic migrants that know what they can get here, they still receive a visa to live here an can still apply for family reunification to bring large amount of family members here to join them.

Have you any link to back up those claims?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

eagle eye wrote: »
    She lived in India didn't she?

No she didn't.

Unless Dungarvan where she was born and Slough where she worked as a nurse and met her husband, are in India now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Boggles wrote: »
    Same as Ireland so.

All though Australia take in far more Refugees than we do.

Are you aware of the difference between refugees and asylum seekers?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭creeper1

Dude89 wrote: »

I read that she was from Malawi and wondered what dreadful civil war or rampaging Islamists were turning it into a hell like war zone that allowed not only her but her children residency.

I found this link :confused:

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/malawi/safety

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Are you aware of the difference between refugees and asylum seekers?

I sure do lad.

Oz to be fair to them said they would take 12,000 Syrians and Iraq's in 2 years and they did it in that time frame.

The last of the 12,000 refugees: Syrians and Iraqis build new lives in Australia

The Irish could take a leaf out of their book.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

I sure do lad.

Oz to be fair to them said they would take 12,000 Syrians and Iraq's in 2 years and they did it in that time frame.

The last of the 12,000 refugees: Syrians and Iraqis build new lives in Australia

What's this to do with African migrants?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

He was born in the Rotunda and raised in Dublin but just keep on spouting your ignorant gob****ery.....

Varadkar certainly has no love for Ireland or the Irish. Otherwise he wouldn't be taking the Country towards ruin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Varadkar certainly has no love for Ireland or the Irish. Otherwise he wouldn't be taking the Country towards ruin.

He is Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Oz also have migration firmly set around a points based system, one that Boris adores and hopes to replicate asap.

This includes extensive background checks (police, education and health checks), minimum salaries and if you can't speak English, well then it's -20pts and the exit door quickly beckons.

Perhaps you're right and points-based migration should be considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah he was but brought up by his Indian parents so he'd certainly not have plenty of Indian culture about him.

As it happens He apparently was brought up with a very strong Indian Hindu cultural environment -pushed by his father.

Just some examples.

He is an expert in Indian politics and knows every party even the very small ones

He knows a huge amount about Hindu rituals

He is a big follower of cricket mainly due to his father’s influence over the years.

FYI I’m friendly with a good friend of his (non political) so that’s how I know the above.

What's this to do with African migrants?

Absolutely nothing, mainly because people from that continent had absolute nothing to do with my point.

But Australia certainly does have African Migrants.

Which parties?

Google is your friend !!

Odhinn wrote: »
    He is Irish.

Only as far as citizenship is concerned. His loyalty is not towards Ireland and the Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

But Australia certainly does have African Migrants.
    Not unskilled economic migrants. But only those that meet their specific points system, even then it's very, very, very few for a whole variety of reasons.

Only as far as citizenship is concerned. His loyalty is not towards Ireland and the Irish.

What makes you come to that conclusion?

Odhinn wrote: »
    What makes you come to that conclusion?

His destructive policies.

My personal view is he is very much a self obsessed and self interested politician.

I’d take Enda K over him any day

And that’s saying something !!!

• Advertisement

His destructive policies.

....what policies specifically?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Oz also have migration firmly set around a points based system, one that Boris adores and hopes to replicate asap.

This includes extensive background checks (police, education and health checks), minimum salaries and if you can't speak English, well then it's -20pts and the exit door quickly beckons.

Perhaps you're right and points-based migration should be considered.

The uk hasnt anything like lifestyle to offer top class immigrants vs oz....in choice between sydney and london,who in right mind would pick london

....imo they will run into a labour shortage in few years as they realise england isnt any significant importance in 21st century

Oz also have migration firmly set around a points based system

They do, I never said they didn't. We have pretty strict criteria on work visa's ourselves.

They also have Humanitarian Programs where they welcome refugees from around the world.

The 12,000 from Syria and Iraq being the latest example.

As for Bozo loving the points system, his own home secretary drafted a paper outlining the shortage of lower skilled workers after Brexit - Bangladish (AFAIK) is ear marked to be tapped to fill the vacuum.

Google is your friend !!

Google is a Search Engine, not a friend.

You have made the claim of these alternative parties running in the next GE several times now.

Why can't you name, what's with the secrecy?

I mean if they are legitimate parties and a viable alternative to what is there - like you claim, then surely they would love the exposure?

So go, list them up, please.

Google is a Search Engine, not a friend.

You have made the claim of these alternative parties running in the next GE several times now.

Why can't you name, what's with the secrecy?

I mean if they are legitimate parties and a viable alternative to what is there - like you claim, then surely they would love the exposure?

So go, list them up, please.

Google is your friend is a really well known expression - check it out !!

There are plenty of legitimate parties out there who are not FG FF SF LAB or Greens

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Where exactly would we put 12000 Syrians or other refugees .
    We have over 100,000 families on social housing waiting lists as it is ,
    Look at the cost to 5000 in direct provision here costs something like half a billion a year ,so triple that number at least .then add 12000 families needing social welfare , medical and education supports , the free legal aid would could also triple to around 100 + million per year

Asylum seekers don't come cheap .

Google is your friend is a really well known expression - check it out !!

There are plenty of legitimate parties out there who are not FG FF SF LAB or Greens

Make a claim, back it up is also a really well know expression.

Plus it's just good manners.

So again, list them up please?

Here’s a google search to get you started

https://www.google.com/search?q=irish%20political%20parties

Gatling wrote: »

I never said we should take 12,000 of anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Gatling wrote: »
    We have over 100,000 families on social housing waiting lists as it is ,
    Look at the cost to 5000 in direct provision here costs something like half a billion a year ,so triple that number at least .then add 12000 families needing social welfare , medical and education supports , the free legal aid would could also triple to around 100 + million per year

Asylum seekers don't come cheap .

Social housing for some

Miniture flags for others :pac:

Advertisement