Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland agrees to plan on migrant resettlement

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Another thing about veruca

Zero ppl have voted for him to be Taoiseach in a general election.

Zero

Zilch

Nada

• Registered Users Posts: 40,130 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Here’s a google search to get you started

https://www.google.com/search?q=irish%20political%20parties

Which ones specifically are you recommending?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

_blaaz wrote: »
    The uk hasnt anything like lifestyle to offer top class immigrants vs oz....in choice between sydney and london,who in right mind would pick london
    ....imo they will run into a labour shortage in few years as they realise england isnt any significant importance in 21st century
    For a start there are x20 cities other than Ldn, and triple the population in the uk, compared to Aus. If you want to start an enterprise (soon to be lower corp tax), or earn 80k at (soon to be lower income tax) for a few years it's a reasonable option.

Also they will likely just set the bar slightly lower than Aus, but still require the basics in terms of background checks and salary criteria.

As for the other poster (still) claiming any great demand for 'unskilled labour' they have been told before: they're dreaming.

Boggles wrote: »
    Which ones specifically are you recommending?

Ehhhh

Read my post again

Slowly

And again

Slowly.

Take it all in.

Where do I recommend parties????

Ehhhh

Read my post again

Slowly

And again

Slowly.

Take it all in.

Where do I recommend parties????

Read this slowly you said there were a few parties out their that were a viable alternative to what is there.

Who

Are

Those

Parties?

Why the secrecy? :confused:

• Advertisement

They also have Humanitarian Programs where they welcome [genuine] refugees from around the world.
    Again 'genuine' help of refugees is grand, but isn't the same thing as providing for 'economic migrants'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

For a start there are x20 cities other than Ldn, and triple the population in the uk, compared to Aus. If you want to start an enterprise (soon to be lower corp tax), or earn 80k at (soon to be lower income tax) for a few years it's a reasonable option.

Also they will likely just set the bar slightly lower than Aus, but still require the basics in terms of background checks and salary criteria.

As for the other poster (still) claiming any great demand for 'unskilled labour' they have been told before: they're dreaming.

It hasnt anything like lifestyle to offer people though??

Modern millenials espially arent as motivated by money.as much as older generations.....the uk.are going to be in for an eye opener imo

I could be wrong...but i dont think uk has as much to offer immigrants that they think,who would.want to settle there long term

Read this slowly you said there were a few parties out their that were a viable alternative to what is there.

Who

Are

Those

Parties?

Why the secrecy? :confused:

Google is your friend

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I never said we should take 12,000 of anyone.

But that's not what I said .

I just asked where would be put a potential figure and the associated costs ,
    Where would it come from,

...I could be wrong...but i dont think uk has as much to offer immigrants that they think,who would.want to settle there long term

It's no where as good as Sydney, but some surburbian Adelaide backwater, or the most remote major city in the world (Perth) isn't the same thing as Bondi. Some may also prefer Ldn so they can catch a train to Paris or fly a few mins to Amstm for the weekend.

Again lower points criteria, and a different occupation demand list means they aren't exactly comparable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Google is your friend

No point in google if he doesn't know what hes looking for. Bit odd you can't give him any pointers seeing as you brought it up in the first place.

Odhinn wrote: »
    No point in google if he doesn't know what hes looking for. Bit odd you can't give him any pointers seeing as you brought it up in the first place.

Plenty of other legitimate parties out there

Who say they would curtail/stop mass immigration

I’m not recommending any of them

But they are there and if ppl want to stop mass immigration then use your vote.

Gatling wrote: »
    Where exactly would we put 12000 Syrians or other refugees .
    We have over 100,000 families on social housing waiting lists as it is ,
    Look at the cost to 5000 in direct provision here costs something like half a billion a year ,so triple that number at least .then add 12000 families needing social welfare , medical and education supports , the free legal aid would could also triple to around 100 + million per year

Asylum seekers don't come cheap .

They cost a fortune

Are they worth it ? What do ppl think

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Plenty of other legitimate parties out there

Such as..................?

It's no where as good as Sydney, but some surburbian Adelaide backwater, or the most remote major city in the world (Perth) isn't the same thing as Bondi. Some may also prefer Ldn so they can catch a train to Paris or fly a few mins to Amstm for the weekend.

Again lower points criteria, and a different occupation demand list means they aren't exactly comparable.

Adelaide for city its size (similar to dublin iirc),has much more to offer than any northern europe city

But will they bother taking quick.trip.to.paris/amsterdam if theyve to go through hassle of visa/extra security checks etc

Using being near other countries as a selling point surely deosnt bode well for attracting immigrants ......like i said i could be 100% wrong,but i think uk is in for an eye opener with regards attracting immigrants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

... a new "solidarity mechanism" to resettle migrants and refugees across the European Union. After a meeting of EU foreign affairs and interior ministers in Paris, French President Emmanuel Macron said the new initiative would be "quick" and "automatic".
    So a bunch of Africans with unrealistic expectations will wake up one morning in a dilapidated "hotel" in Carrick-on-Shannon or Moville.

While eyeballing the equally surprised locals, they will finally realise the dream of playing professionally for MUFC or Chelsea FC is well and truly dead.
    But at least Macron can tell the good people of Calais that they can safely go down to the beach again.
    And Simon and Leo accumulate further brownie points which will secure for themselves a lucrative and easy-living future somewhere in the Brussels bureaucracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

recedite wrote: »
    So a bunch of Africans with unrealistic expectations will wake up one morning in a dilapidated "hotel" in Carrick-on-Shannon or Moville.

While eyeballing the equally surprised locals, they will finally realise the dream of playing professionally for MUFC or Chelsea FC is well and truly dead.
    But at least Macron can tell the good people of Calais that they can safely go down to the beach again.
    And Simon and Leo accumulate further brownie points which will secure for themselves a lucrative and easy-living future somewhere in the Brussels bureaucracy.

You forgot the part where they develop a resentment towards the 'white' locals because they're more wealthy and successful than them in their hometown and country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭enricoh

Modern millenials espially arent as motivated by money.as much as older generations.....the uk.are going to be in for an eye opener imo

I could be wrong...but i dont think uk has as much to offer immigrants that they think,who would.want to settle there long term

What type of immigrants? The uk may fall out of favour with the executive business type.
    For a roma gypsy probably on a fiver a week dole in Romania or Moldova the streets are paved with gold!
    And potential whiplash inducing accidents!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Ffs. Theres no bloody room. Irish people born here are sleeping in tents now. Move on.

Adelaide for city its size (similar to dublin iirc),has much more to offer than any northern europe city
    It's fine, but it's still a limitation of 100km2 and 1.3m people mostly confined to their own 'burbs. To see anything else, it's hours and hours away. Again their points system is largely regional so you're offer might be somewhere random, not down at the surf.
    But will they bother taking quick.trip.to.paris/amsterdam if theyve to go through hassle of visa/extra security checks etc
    An extra 10mins at the ports, like the 'mericans have to 'suffer'.
    Using being near other countries as a selling point surely deosnt bode well for attracting immigrants ......like i said i could be 100% wrong,but i think uk is in for an eye opener with regards attracting immigrants
    They already attract a wide range of migrants from outside the EU, the purpose of the new points system is simply to spoon off the cream de la creme. The new 80k on low tax rate is a huge attraction, to fx back at a later date.

• Advertisement

It's fine, but it's still a limitation of 100miles2 and 1.3m people mostly confined to their own 'burbs. To see anything else it's hours and hours away. Again their points system is largely regional so you're offer might be somewhere random.

Tbf im on skills shortage for there so can literally pick where i want to go

An extra 10mins at the ports, like the 'mericans have to 'suffer'.

While completly unrelated,americans are least likely to travel of western countries (prob explains why they take politic so serious tbh)

They already attract a wide range of migrants from outside the EU, the purpose of the new points system is simply to spoon off the cream de la creme. The new 80k on low tax rate is a huge attraction, to fx back at a later date.
    Yous might be right (or wrong like),but i think they will struggle

Tbf im on skills shortage for there so can literally pick where i want to go
    While completly unrelated,americans are least likely to travel of western countries (prob explains why they take politic so serious tbh)
    Yous might be right (or wrong like),but i think they will struggle

Only indepenent class vias, high-demand people can choose (hope you're not a Teacher, my spelling is poor, but...).
    Even then you can't pick up a decent coastal house along Syd for less than $1.5m.
    Americans love travel to Ldn, Paris, and Prague for some reason, +5mins to get past passport desk isn't a bother.
    Can't see them struggle, too much migration caused the brexit in the 1st place.

Anyhow this has gone off track from 'migrant resettlement'. Wonder what percentage are actually Syrian, and what percentage are sub-saharan looking for a better life(style).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Anyhow this has gone off track from 'migrant resettlement'. Wonder what percentage are actually Syrian, and what percentage are sub-saharan looking for a better life(style).
    0% Syrian.
    100% African.

At least for the moment; for this particular Fine Gael resettlement program. Future resettlement programs may include citizens from other continents. We can well afford it ... apparently.

The Irish Welfare State has attracted the attention of the world, and can you really blame them? Welfare for life, free housing, and a medical card ............ it is truly the Irish Sweepstakes from old. But not for Irish people.

The indigenous Irish will work forever to pay for this asylum lottery goldmine.
    It is also curious that the usual supporters of this program are not actually very enthusiastic for work themselves, but they want the rest of us to pay for it. We will be hearing their views after most of us start work in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

The big check will be brexit and if things take a downward turn. Be interesting how charitable we are then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

They cost a fortune

Are they worth it ? What do ppl think

They’ve about as much worth as out of date iodine tablets and e-voting machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

Kivaro wrote: »
    We will be hearing their views after most of us start work in the morning.

I've actually noticed this too. All the open border merchants seem to flock to these kinds of threads to post and thank each other, after they've crawled out of bed around 11am.

recedite wrote: »

You forgot the part where they develop a resentment towards the 'white' locals because they're more wealthy and successful than them in their hometown and country.

Also the criticism of the "inhumane" conditions where their basic needs are catered for in LITERALLY A HOLIDAY CAMP! (Mosney)

Also the criticism of the "inhumane" conditions where their basic needs are catered for in LITERALLY A HOLIDAY CAMP! (Mosney)

Yeah, a holiday camp for years where all the amusements have been closed down.

Sounds like great craic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Yeah, a holiday camp for years where all the amusements have been closed down.

Sounds like great craic!

Better than a hut/tent in a desert that actual refugees have to stay in.

• Advertisement

Better than a hut/tent in a desert that actual refugees have to stay in.

Maybe, but to paint it as some sort of holiday is beyond ignorance.

Advertisement