Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland agrees to plan on migrant resettlement

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

enricoh wrote: »
    This is what you are dealing with folks! - now lets open up Europe's borders to the third world. It'll have no bearing on us financially apparently! who knew!

I'd happily trade 'Stop moaning ffs' for a clever African.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

kikilarue2 wrote: »
    The vast majority, so like 70% or more? Can you provide any evidence of that?

Sweden - Most convicted of Sexual assault are foreign born
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45269764

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭kikilarue2

Did you read what the guy who audited the report said, or are you only interested in interpretations that back up your point of view?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Noone said it wasnt immigrats doing it :confused:

Just that the rape statistics are ridcolus due to it applying to things that arent actually considered rape anywhere else in the world

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

enricoh wrote: »
    This is what you are dealing with folks! - now lets open up Europe's borders to the third world. It'll have no bearing on us financially apparently! who knew!

There’s a few million Indians and Chinese coming to Britain and Ireland post brexit and regardless of brexit.
    Do you think that somehow they’re going to drain our economy or theirs?

Try keep up pet. Events are happening whether you like them or not.

• Advertisement

Hobosan wrote: »

Given your limited reading ability and rampant hate posts I’d happily swap you for pretty much anyone. But by all means continue :)

There’s a few million Indians and Chinese coming to Britain and Ireland post brexit and regardless of brexit.

A few million coming to Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

A few million coming to Ireland?

They small though,so dont take up much room :pac:

I found the study you're referring to. Here's what the guy who audited it said:

The rise in rape has been attributed to expanding its definition to include things that were taken less seriously in the past, and not to immigrants.

https://www.thelocal.se/20190529/increase-in-swedens-rape-statistics-cant-be-tied-to-refugee-influx-study-suggests

We've come full circle, now we have progressives/feminists arguing that
    rape..is not in fact rape

Humanity is being replaced with hufemity!!

Cos of the word MAN in the middle!!

Someone start a thread!! I’m too outraged to!

• Advertisement

Given your limited reading ability and rampant hate posts I’d happily swap you for pretty much anyone. But by all means continue :)

Hey! You responded to my joke with... my joke! I'm very flattered!

It means alot to someone with "limited reading ability".

Hey! You responded to my joke with... my joke! I'm very flattered!

It means alot to someone with "limited reading ability".

Try harder.

Humanity is being replaced with hufemity!!

Cos of the word MAN in the middle!!

Someone start a thread!! I’m too outraged to!

A fairly tenuous link to migration for most. But not all unfortunately.

A fairly tenuous link to migration for most. But not all unfortunately.

Least you saw what I was doing there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Almost every small town and village In Ireland have become ghost towns. There’s nobody there. If only we could find a way to house people either Irish or immigrant to bring these towns back to life and give them culture and integration and to the benefit of all

Jobs? Where does the magic money come from. Daft idea. Barely keep the town's we have ticking over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

These are 'skilled migrants' that meet visa requirements, and the new Boris points system.

Again (for god knows how many times now) this (skilled visas) is very different kettle of fish to 'economic migrants and/or migrant dumping'.

In the UK, Indians and Chinese often come to attend top Universities, and as an overall average: earn much, much, more per hour (and thus more value), than someone e.g. from Pakistan or Somalia.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,514 ✭✭✭jmreire

I have no problem with Ireland asserting its borders, I’m not of the opinion that it should be a free for all.

I am against both explicit and dog whistle racism e.g. generally when we talk about men aged 18-35 we would call them millennials or Gen Z. But if they come from Africa or the Middle East, many on here will describe them as “army aged men” in order to fearmonger.

Or all the Islamophobia. I lived in Muslim countries for five years and I’d describe their views on women as being old-fashioned for the most part, but rarely misogynistic to the level you’d think from reading here.

Most Muslim women I knew worked for a living, raised their kids, some covered their hair and some didn’t, some wore a burqa but most didn’t, almost all were well educated. The nationalities of my closest friends were Lebanese, Sudanese, Somali, British-Pakistani, Syrian and Emirati. Most are lovely, lovely people who had the misfortune to be born in countries torn apart by war, the climate and dictatorships.

If I was to generalize about Syrians, they’re some of the most hospitable people I’ve met - great hosts, love to cook huge meals and relax and have fun.

The fear around Muslims and black people that the likes of Gemma O’Doherty and the National Party are trying to stoke are not based in reality.

And after spending many year's in Islamic Country's, I would agree with you there...Syrians and Serbians were the nearest thing to the Irish that I came across in that they will strike up a conversation under almost any circumstances....Hospitable to a fault, bump off one in the street, and once they realize that you are a "Foreigner", and better still "Irish", you will be welcomed.I have lost count of the nr of chance encounters I have had like this...and at the very least, been invited to the nearest cafe for a coffee. In all the Country's I have been in, isis are universally reviled, and this is not just because of the atrocities they have committed, ( Most of the people that they have killed have been Muslims ) but because of the damage they have caused to the reputation of Muslims worldwide. The majority of Muslims that I have met and worked with, are more worried about keeping the bill's paid, and a roof over their head's... just like Families here in Ireland.

These are 'skilled migrants' that meet visa requirements, and the new Boris points system.

Again (for god knows how many times now) this (skilled visas) is very different kettle of fish to 'economic migrants and/or migrant dumping'.

In the UK, Indians and Chinese often come to attend top Universities, and as an overall average: earn much, much, more per hour (and thus more value), than someone e.g. from Pakistan or Somalia.

Good points.
    Then Read the thread and realise it’s all
    Der cumin to are cuntry take are jobs!!
    Dems is Brown!!

Not the brightest nor the best this lot.

Good points.
    Then Read the thread and realise it’s all
    Der cumin to are cuntry take are jobs!!
    Dems is Brown!!
    Not the brightest nor the best this lot.
    ? Not sure what your point is.

Yes, Indians and Chinese arrive legally (on visas), often literate and highly educated, or to study (not at 'lingo colleges'). Studies show these 'skilled migrants' become top earners.

'Economic migrants' i.e. 'resettlement' - generally from the Sub-sahara or the 'Stans aren't coming (or able) to take anyones job, but to be provided for. Charity essentially. And often via fraudulent intentions, if you look at very high asylum application reject rates.

They are not the same as 'brown' (as your refer to 'them') other highly skilled workers, coming legally with the proper credentials, who are welcome to contribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭creeper1

The EU face a very practical problem of what to do with the large number of arrivals.

The big question is - do the presence of rescue ships actually increase the number dying in the Mediterranean or would the people traffickers be so ruthless as to send people into almost certain death on inflatables?

I don’t have an answer to that.

Europe has floated ideas of processing centres to separate genuine asylum claims from economic migrants but the African countries so far resisted this.

It’s just a shame that the rebels in Libya managed to overthrow Gadafi. I heard they murdered him by sticking a knife where the sun don’t shine.

It always angers me when I think back on how ecstatic Hilary was on hearing the news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,130 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Cat is out of the bag on that one, an anti migrant group in the UK have copped on that non eu migration will increase after Brexit and we are not talking Doctors and Scientists, they are starting to ratter the cage over it.

Boggles wrote: »
    Cat is out of the bag on that one, an anti migrant group in the UK have copped on that non eu migration will increase after Brexit and we are not talking Doctors and Scientists, they are starting to ratter the cage over it.

Actually these new (skilled visa approved points-based) migrants, will likely be 'Doctors and Scientists'. What he hemself called the ‘best and brightest'. There will also be limits on visa availability as per any program. So again will only choose the creme de la creme.

Not sure if you're aware what points-based actually means? There's no cat to hide in any bags.
    So yes, they can come from anywhere in the world, just as long 'as they meet the strict criteria'.

Also some would say 2016's Brexit wasn't caused by eu-migration, but by non-eu migration of the unskilled and undocumented (coming through the eu's porous borders).

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

Immigration and emigration have no bearing or influence on standard of living or income rates.
    So blaming immigrants coming here and we can’t Afford them is a nonsense

Please, please provide a link to back up this claim.

I would love to read a detailed study supporting your outrageous claim.

I think there would be world politicians and many leaders of left wing groups who would love to have access to this data.

We’re in a position where businesses close because Irish people won’t do the job so an Indian lad will to pay his way though college.
    We need those immigrants to shore up that corner of the economy despite many refusing to admit that’s the case.

And evidence of this, or is this just what you have ‘observed ‘.

Almost every small town and village In Ireland have become ghost towns. There’s nobody there.

And the claims keep coming.

Please confirm that this is true by providing evidence to back up this claim.

My experience is very different to yours.

Reading the thread most are against human existence.
    People who have the wrong skin colour can’t be near me or come to my country despite 400,000 Irish people fleeing Ireland to go overseas.

Waaaaaah

The hypocrisy is mind melting

Did these Irish citizens go to other countries illegally?

There are only a few million Irish people living in Ireland. Where are these few million Indians and Chinese going to live. I don’t think we have enough couches for them, let alone three bed semi D’s.

Any proof of this claim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Actually these new (skilled visa approved points-based) migrants, will likely be 'Doctors and Scientists'. What he hemself called the ‘best and brightest'. There will also be limits on visa availability as per any program. So again will only choose the creme de la creme.

Not sure if you're aware what points-based actually means? There's no cat to hide in any bags.
    So yes, they can come from anywhere in the world, just as long 'as they meet the strict criteria'.

Also some would say 2016's Brexit wasn't caused by eu-migration, but by non-eu migration of the unskilled and undocumented (coming through the eu's porous borders).

A lot of the Non-EU migrants to the UK are from their own former colonies.

They need to learn to suck it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,130 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Nonsense.

The vast vast majority of non eu nationals enter the UK perfectly legally through their VISA system.

They always had control of this. "Bring back our borders" was a load of BS.

I'm struggling to see how people are still believing it.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/internationalmigration/bulletins/migrationstatisticsquarterlyreport/february2019
    non-EU net migration was the highest since 2004; this follows a gradual increase in immigration of non-EU citizens over the past five years for both work and study

Net migration estimates show that 261,000 more non-EU citizens came to the UK than left in the year ending September 2018. This was the highest estimate since 2004.

Non-EU immigration gradually increased over the last five years, to an estimated 340,000 in the year ending September 2018

the number of EU citizens coming to the UK continues to add to the population; however, EU net migration has fallen to a level last seen in 2009 due mainly to a decrease in EU immigration

Advertisement